Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Current and historical promotions

This is a thread for reporting details of promotions in the Finnair+ program.

The purpose of the wiki is to keep a repository of current and historical promotions. This works best if all details are given in a post of the thread. Once such a post is made, edit the wiki and add a short description of promo in headline-style, with a link to the post that holds the detailed information. (You can create such a link by right-clicking the post-number and copy link location).
Do not link to the promo itself from the Wiki, as the promo page is likely to disappear once the promo ended and such link will die, leaving the wiki sans historical info.

2018 and earlier promotions can be found here.
Print Wikipost

2019 Promotions

Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
QR has a promo (like always ) that may be somewhat unusualin that it applies to direct DOH services. Still at 480 €, I would not exactly call it competitive and appealing compared to DXB. And of course it only earns 25% to AY+.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Courmisch
QR has a promo (like always ) that may be somewhat unusualin that it applies to direct DOH services. Still at 480 €, I would not exactly call it competitive and appealing compared to DXB. And of course it only earns 25% to AY+.
Which booking class(es) have you seen? I've also been on some 50% fares.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:19 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
... And of course it only earns 25% to AY+.
OTOH, combine it with 2x tier points promo and credit to QR PC and it is a different kettle of fish.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
Which booking class(es) have you seen? I've also been on some 50% fares.
W
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
W
Thanks. Too bad.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:53 pm

TBH I don't even see the point. For the same price you can continue somewhere in South Asia and make a stop-over in Doha if you really want to visit the place. Meanwhile the sun or Arab culture seekers can fly to estranged sibling Dubai for less.

Last edited by Courmisch; May 15, 2019 at 10:52 am Reason: spelling
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Some decent spring promotions ex-Norway in Y, especially for Asian destinations. However, many of the North American destinations were even cheaper earlier this year. Nothing to write home about for J. HKG for 3998 NOK did catch my attention though.

https://www.finnair.com/no/gb/spring-offers
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Double AY points for Accor stays - need to set AY as earning partner and enable auto conversion

FOR STAYS FROM 01/03/19 until 31/05/19
BOOK THIS OFFER FROM 01/03/19 to 15/04/19

https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/p...nair.en.shtml?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold
Double points (award only, not tier) from LAX to HEL being offered. Got this in my e-mail today:

From 31 March on, Finnair also flies non-stop from LAX to Helsinki, which makes getting to your destination in Europe a breeze! Book your Finnair flights between Los Angeles and Helsinki by 3 April 2019 and you'll earn double award points. Use the “Book now” link to register and book your flights. You must travel between 31 March and 30 November to earn the extra points.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:46 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Double AY points for Accor stays - need to set AY as earning partner and enable auto conversion

FOR STAYS FROM 01/03/19 until 31/05/19
BOOK THIS OFFER FROM 01/03/19 to 15/04/19

https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/p...nair.en.shtml?
I have never got a single points from Accor to AY. always had AY as auto conversion target, contacted support never a reply. so yeah im done with that french chain.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Clydez
I have never got a single points from Accor to AY. always had AY as auto conversion target, contacted support never a reply. so yeah im done with that french chain.
+1.
The few stays they neither ever posted on Accor account so I just walk other way.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Got this email last friday so grabbed 4 Economy Comfort seats with a 10% discount. Pretty nice as I think these kind of promotions are not so common for Finnair.
Our flights are on a wait list to get upgraded to Business so had to call in, the nice lady couldn't find the promotion but today Finnair's knew about the promotion.

10% off seating when booking in advance. Discount applies on booking latest 1 april 2019 on flights between 7 march to 31st march 2019.
Old May 15, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Yesterday's promotional email contains a personalized link to a 3000 award points promotion. Nothing useful for those travelling on cheap Y fares. I wonder what implication the wording concerning eligible routes has, that flights need to depart from Finland.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
MAKE THE MOST OF OUR CAMPAIGN OFFERS
Registration period: 14–29 May 2019. You must register before your flight. Only new bookings made between 14–29 May 2019 are eligible for extra points. Travel period: 15 May–30 November 2019. You must register by clicking the "Register and book" link provided in this e-mail, after which you can book your flights normally. The registration link is personal and cannot be shared.
Eligible booking classes: J, C, D, I, Y, B, H, K, M, P and T.
Eligible routes: all Finnair marketed and operated flights departing from Finland.

Only registered Finnair Plus members are eligible for extra points. This offer is only available for residents of Finland. Extra points are award points only and do not affect your tier point balance. Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. The extra points may be awarded only once. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time.
Eligible booking classes and routes highlighted by me.
Old May 15, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Yesterday's promotional email contains a personalized link to a 3000 award points promotion. Nothing useful for those travelling on cheap Y fares. I wonder what implication the wording concerning eligible routes has, that flights need to depart from Finland.

Eligible booking classes and routes highlighted by me.
+1 here.
Chime in one expensive company fare, say.
Old May 15, 2019, 10:54 am

Is there double dipping with Scandic now? I seem to have gotten both regular Scandic Friends credit and 1,000 AY award points for a stay booked aeons ago (on cyber Monday). Or maybe I forgot a promotion that I used.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.