Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Current and historical promotions

This is a thread for reporting details of promotions in the Finnair+ program.

The purpose of the wiki is to keep a repository of current and historical promotions. This works best if all details are given in a post of the thread. Once such a post is made, edit the wiki and add a short description of promo in headline-style, with a link to the post that holds the detailed information. (You can create such a link by right-clicking the post-number and copy link location).
Do not link to the promo itself from the Wiki, as the promo page is likely to disappear once the promo ended and such link will die, leaving the wiki sans historical info.

2018 and earlier promotions can be found here.
Print Wikipost

2019 Promotions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
That double points offer is for flights HEL-BKK-HEL and HEL-SIN-HEL regardless origin point. Can be TLL-HEL-BKK or whatever.
That's great, thanks for clarifying, however, as I was wondering the reasons behind the lack of promotional emails from AY, I've found missing tick-box on the profile preferences. I guess no double points soon in my case. Will you acknowledge it's pretty common for such promotions going forward from here?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Originally Posted by intuition
Not only limit to a one-time payout, they also limit number of invites to the promo. They must really be afraid of being generous to the point of making promos soooo uninteresting.
This sucks! I was a Plat for many years, yet never got such an email from AY (guess because I do not live in Europe).
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I wonder if the promo is targeted based on previous flying patterns. Within the past 12 months, I've flown both routes. If the idea is "we know you're going there, please go with us and not QR", then it'd make sense.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by ffay005
I wonder if the promo is targeted based on previous flying patterns. Within the past 12 months, I've flown both routes. If the idea is "we know you're going there, please go with us and not QR", then it'd make sense.
BKK is more or less the only place which keeps me a Plat for over ten years, and no I did not get that promotion - could really use it.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: AY LUMO
I havent flown BKK in 12 months and SIN I cant even remember when.

But couple weeks before BKK/SIN promotion, I had same e-mail offer to China destinations.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:52 am

So, my theory was easily proven wrong.

Currently looking at ARN-SIN, return J for €1800 including one stopover or €1850 including two. But those stopovers are restricted to five days only.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Ed Size
BKK is more or less the only place which keeps me a Plat for over ten years, and no I did not get that promotion - could really use it.
In the same boat here. I didn't get that promotion but it would have been nice, pretty much automatic extra miles since I would have booked at least one BKK flight anyway during that time.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:40 am

That double points offer is for flights HEL-BKK-HEL and HEL-SIN-HEL regardless origin point. Can be TLL-HEL-BKK or whatever.
I wonder if an open jaw HEL-SIN / BKK-HEL would qualify for the promo.

And what about HEL-SIN-BKK-HEL?

Both options would include the required AY SIN or BKK legs, but not as a simple roundtrip.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: AY Gold
I wonder if an open jaw HEL-SIN / BKK-HEL would qualify for the promo.

And what about HEL-SIN-BKK-HEL?

Both options would include the required AY SIN or BKK legs, but not as a simple roundtrip.
Just asked this on the chat line, got a bit hesitant answer: No open jaws etc, only the named returns HEL-BKK-HEL or HEL-SIN-HEL.

P.S Went back to ask more details, causing more confusion, will be informed later. Also about open jaw.

Last edited by Andaman; Feb 28, 2019 at 6:02 am
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:53 am

Thanks! I guess it was a safe way to answer to say "no"...

I was actually just on the phone, booking ARN-HEL-SIN-HEL-ARN with stopovers at HEL. We'll see what comes of this. Nothing in the promo T&C suggests that phone bookings don't qualify. Also, the ARN legs shouldn't impact the campaign points because I'm still flying HEL-SIN-HEL within the campaign period.

(Why on the phone? Because the stupid booking engine is only able to suggest four HEL-ARN flights (the four earliest flights of the day) when booking ARN-HEL-SIN-HEL-ARN with stopovers. However, if I had booked ARN-HEL-SIN-HEL, with stopover at HEL, then it would have suggested five ARN-HEL flights. It's as if the system is running out of memory or something. The more complex stuff you demand, the less it is able to offer...)
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: AY Gold
Ok, friendly but confused Henri the agent mailed me back: Open jaw qualifies for the promo and no, the origin point doesn't matter. Yeah it was a safe way to answer "no" on everything at first
ffay005 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:12 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
(Why on the phone?
Any penalty for phone booking?
I usually just give up when I can't book myself, but if CS can book what is invisible to the eye, then maybe one should use it more often.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:18 am

Any penalty for phone booking?
This is my third phone booking. The first time, the agent went online and tried to book my ticket and when he didn't succeed, he waived the fee. The second time, the agent took my word, didn't bother trying and waived the fee. This time, the agent tried to charge the fee and when I challenged her, she was going to place a call to somebody and ask if she can waive it. However, I said I'll use a voucher to pay and that solved the issue since they routinely waive the fee if you pay with a € voucher and the ticket starts in a non-€ market. Made me think that it might be handy to have some vouchers available for future use...

Funny thing here was that the price I got was actually €35 cheaper than the one I was looking at online. Online, it was O & R inventory, but I got Q and R. I thought she had accidentally booked a Basic fare, but no, it's Value.

Compared to HEL-SIN-HEL, I saved €133. And I will need those ARN segments, too (for real trips and not just positioning), which saves me another €85 or so. ^

I usually just give up when I can't book myself, but if CS can book what is invisible to the eye, then maybe one should use it more often.
I've sometimes used OTA, but when a simple open jaw HEL-HAV/MIA-HEL failed, I tried calling in and it worked really well, so that's what I have done since then. Fortunately, it's not often.

BTW, I wonder if AY has some call center in Estonia now. Didn't they recruit personnel to Tartu some time ago? The agent I talked to had impeccable Finnish but she was definitely not from the Helsinki area, so I thought Kajaani, of course. But then I thought I detected some words that had a slight Estonian accent.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:32 am

Wrong thread... deleted

Last edited by ffay005; Feb 28, 2019 at 9:43 am
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:21 pm

Here is T&C from my confirmation mail:

Exact same text for me, too. I guess the "only once" condition is not published in the mass marketing email, but only in the registration confirmation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.