2019 Promotions

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 14, 19, 5:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
Current and historical promotions

This is a thread for reporting details of promotions in the Finnair+ program.

The purpose of the wiki is to keep a repository of current and historical promotions. This works best if all details are given in a post of the thread. Once such a post is made, edit the wiki and add a short description of promo in headline-style, with a link to the post that holds the detailed information. (You can create such a link by right-clicking the post-number and copy link location).
Do not link to the promo itself from the Wiki, as the promo page is likely to disappear once the promo ended and such link will die, leaving the wiki sans historical info.

2018 and earlier promotions can be found here.
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 5, 19, 2:37 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by intuition View Post
They hate it more in other parts of the world. A320 shorthaul could be like this:

Now THIS I'd happily spend 10K points on ;-)
Old Jan 5, 19, 3:15 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), BW Platinum
Originally Posted by intuition View Post
They hate it more in other parts of the world. A320 shorthaul could be like this:

Thai 747 upper deck? Or really 320, curvature of the wall looks like 747 UD.
once flew BKK-HKT return on such, outbound on those seats (or similar), inbound in First seats..worth of 100e or whatever it was
Old Jan 5, 19, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QR PC Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, SK EB silver, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD, SJ Black
Believe it or not, a A321 from Air China. It is a pretty typical narrow-body cabin, with 4 rows of 2+2.
(In domestic market they don't offer 'Business' and labels this 'First', thus earning 3x points. On international flights this is labeled Business. )

It is popular and usually has pretty high LF. On this flight it was almost full (15/16 seats taken), but that could be because EQ-swap. Flight was meant to be on A332.
Old Jan 5, 19, 11:58 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, AX
Going back to the reduced EU-upgrades has anyone actually managed to book these for the promotional point charges? I tried doing this couple of times but either the website does not work or it still shows the ”regular” points charge.
Old Jan 5, 19, 12:11 pm
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by Guillou View Post
Going back to the reduced EU-upgrades has anyone actually managed to book these for the promotional point charges? I tried doing this couple of times but either the website does not work or it still shows the ”regular” points charge.
Same problem, just sent feedback about that to CS.
Old Jan 5, 19, 12:22 pm

Programs: AY GUEST
I have one trip I could upgrade (BUD-HEL) and it costs 7000 points. So it's working.
Old Jan 7, 19, 8:42 am
HJP

Originally Posted by OH-LGG View Post
I have one trip I could upgrade (BUD-HEL) and it costs 7000 points. So it's working.
Ok, the small print says that the upgrade offer is only valid for flights between 19.1.–14.2.2019 and 26.2.–10.4.2019. Never seen that before for UG offers, so didn’t read the T&C properly.
Old Jan 7, 19, 9:43 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by HJP View Post
Ok, the small print says that the upgrade offer is only valid for flights between 19.1.–14.2.2019 and 26.2.–10.4.2019. Never seen that before for UG offers, so didn’t read the T&C properly.
It was also in the last upgrade campaigns that the offer was only for flights in a limited period, but this looks way shorter for sure.
Old Jan 7, 19, 9:47 am

Programs: AY GUEST
Originally Posted by HJP View Post
Never seen that before for UG offers,

They dont want 7000's upgraders to spoil their winter holiday season upgrades.
Old Jan 7, 19, 9:59 am
HJP

Originally Posted by OH-LGG View Post

They dont want 7000's upgraders to spoil their winter holiday season upgrades.
My flights were in May and early June, but better then to stick with seat 24A on 32B with 11 rows of business without a single seat reserved.
Old Jan 7, 19, 11:46 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, AX
I also noticed today the fine print - I do understand that the winter holiday week is excluded but I wonder why they couldn't start the campaign right away.

No biggie and I ended up upgrading my this Friday's morning flight anyway as I have a tight schedule and would prefer to be among the first to get out of the plane but spent a few moments wondering what was wrong.
Old Jan 8, 19, 10:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium - LT Silver | AY Silver
There's a Swedish promotion going on with some nice rates.
https://www.finnair.com/se/se/offers
Until 4/2. My HK booking from december suddenly dropped 50 euro. Some plenty of destinations available. Might consider a booking for the summer.

Last edited by joakgarp; Jan 9, 19 at 12:29 pm
Old Jan 9, 19, 5:24 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Norwegian promotion as well, until 4/2.

https://www.finnair.com/no/no/newyear-offers
Old Jan 10, 19, 1:08 pm

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
There are some good offers ex-HEL during the travel trade show. Some have Sat-Sun rules, but Seoul in C goes for 2150€ Sun-Fri. Not world shaking, but for direct flight a nice price. Pro ticket would be 2200€+ ...

Chinese destinations 1200-1700€

PS - the cheapest to ICN I found was ex-BUD for 1550€ (!!) in C but it would mean taking the Sat flight from BUD (OK, why not) and the Mon flight to ICN (so arrival Tue, no good for me)
Old Jan 10, 19, 1:24 pm

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
This is the above mentioned promo fare (on the website "business promo") from the ticket - very weird fare calculation and the grand total price is not even mentioned. Still 200% earning (or 250% for Plat/Lumo)

PS - The Qatar site shows the booking as I-class

Search this Thread
Search Engine: