Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Current and historical promotions

This is a thread for reporting details of promotions in the Finnair+ program.

The purpose of the wiki is to keep a repository of current and historical promotions. This works best if all details are given in a post of the thread. Once such a post is made, edit the wiki and add a short description of promo in headline-style, with a link to the post that holds the detailed information. (You can create such a link by right-clicking the post-number and copy link location).
Do not link to the promo itself from the Wiki, as the promo page is likely to disappear once the promo ended and such link will die, leaving the wiki sans historical info.

2018 and earlier promotions can be found here.
Print Wikipost

2019 Promotions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Originally Posted by miikkak
Buying points is cheaper. I have a contract with Fortum without monthly fee. (I have to the pay the monthly fee for the electricity grid.)
This actually doesn't look bad to me. Compared to Helen, whose price is EUR 3.93 per month + market price + margin of EUR 0.0024 / kWh, while Fortum's price is EUR 4.5 & EUR 0.003. You'll need to choose the solar power surcharge for EUR 5.9 / month but it looks like this extra option can be dropped at any time despite the 2-year contract. For example with my consumption of approximately 1000 kWh/year the extra price to be paid for the 6000 points wouldn't be high.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
Originally Posted by loimu
This actually doesn't look bad to me. Compared to Helen, whose price is EUR 3.93 per month + market price + margin of EUR 0.0024 / kWh, while Fortum's price is EUR 4.5 & EUR 0.003. You'll need to choose the solar power surcharge for EUR 5.9 / month but it looks like this extra option can be dropped at any time despite the 2-year contract. For example with my consumption of approximately 1000 kWh/year the extra price to be paid for the 6000 points wouldn't be high.
The issue is that it's pretty easy to find contracts with an EUR 0 fixed charge, e.g. https://www.helen.fi/kampanjat/suomi...kotilaajan-etu. In this case, the EUR 47 you save in terms of the fixed charge buys you 813 kWh of electricity (at EUR 0.058/kWh), so it makes little sense to choose a spot-rate contract.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Sold! Thanks deissi ! I always had thought the spot-rate contracts were the smartest ones but you're right. And I didn't bother to start shopping for other providers, I'm happy with Helen. And it indeed seems that especially with a low energy usage the monthly fixed charge becomes a rather big part of the invoice.
deissi likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 4:43 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by intuition
Well, the answer was in his own post, so he took the time to quote a post he didnt borhered reading and asked if someone would read it for him...
My bad, I quickly looked through the post and i literally didnt notice "The Gold membership is transferrable to another member".
Tring to multitasking, while on the forum and tring to prepare a duty call.... Failed
intuition likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by loimu
Sold! Thanks deissi ! I always had thought the spot-rate contracts were the smartest ones but you're right. And I didn't bother to start shopping for other providers, I'm happy with Helen. And it indeed seems that especially with a low energy usage the monthly fixed charge becomes a rather big part of the invoice.
The positive thing with Helen is that whatever the company makes in profit will go to the city of Helsinki, thus (theoretically) reducing your taxes. Buy your electricity from Caruna or whoever, and the profits will go overseas.
Andaman likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ffay005
The positive thing with Helen is that whatever the company makes in profit will go to the city of Helsinki, thus (theoretically) reducing your taxes. Buy your electricity from Caruna or whoever, and the profits will go overseas.
Based on my experience Helen usually calls and makes similar offer like telcos if you change provider.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
That’s why I’m with Vantaa Energia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.