2019 Promotions

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 14, 19, 5:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
Current and historical promotions

This is a thread for reporting details of promotions in the Finnair+ program.

The purpose of the wiki is to keep a repository of current and historical promotions. This works best if all details are given in a post of the thread. Once such a post is made, edit the wiki and add a short description of promo in headline-style, with a link to the post that holds the detailed information. (You can create such a link by right-clicking the post-number and copy link location).
Do not link to the promo itself from the Wiki, as the promo page is likely to disappear once the promo ended and such link will die, leaving the wiki sans historical info.

2018 and earlier promotions can be found here.
Print Wikipost

Old May 15, 19, 11:02 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Courmisch View Post
Is there double dipping with Scandic now? I seem to have gotten both regular Scandic Friends credit and 1,000 AY award points for a stay booked aeons ago (on cyber Monday). Or maybe I forgot a promotion that I used.
Yes, double dipping is still possible. At Scandic Helsinki airport at the reception they "advertised" this to me when paying with my AY Diners.
Old May 15, 19, 11:57 am

Programs: AY, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
There has been double dipping with Finnair since about 1999 so nothing new.
Old Jun 18, 19, 3:56 am

Programs: AY GUEST
New Summer Challenge is on Air!

https://www.finnair.com/fi/fi/plus/summer-challenge

Earn or use points with 15 Finnair Plus partners and earn up to 15 000 extra award points! Collect point transactions with participating partners during the campaign period 17 June–31 August 2019 – you’ll get extra award points with just five Finnair Plus partners!

Partners taking part in the campaign: Accorhotels, AIG Insurance, Akruu, Aurinkomatkat, Avis, Belizia, Booking.com, CWT Kaleva, Decanter, Estravel, Europcar, Finavia, Finnair Holidays, Hertz, Holiday Club, Hotel GLO, Hotel Levi Panorama, Hotel St. George, Huone Events, InterContinental Hotels Group, Interhome, Joutsen Finland Oy, Kaligo, Lentoparkki, Moomin Shop, Naantali Spa, Nordic Choice Hotel, Oy Osk. Lindroos Ab, Patricia, Finnair Shop, Pointshound, Pre-Order and On-Board Shopping, Rental Cars, Risteilykeskus, Rocketmiles, RTV-Yhtymä, Ruissalo Spa, Rukakeskus Pyhätunturi, Scandic Hotels‚ Silversea Cruises, Sixt, Sokos Hotels, SSP Finland, Suomen Projekti- Instituutti, TableOnline, The Change Group, Timanttiset, Verisure, Vierumäki, Villada, Hintsa Performance, Trip.com, Remax Sky and Remax Hyvät Kodit.
Old Jun 18, 19, 4:14 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Originally Posted by OH-LGG View Post
This is interesting! What does qualifying mean? Is it enough to buy a plastic bag from Decanter to get one partner in? And then do some 15mins parking etc? At least 5 partners should be doable really cheaply.
Old Jun 18, 19, 5:04 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (OWE), Accor Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Yes exactly that. Last time Decanter was surprised by the sheer number of koristeluraappas bought.
ffay005, Steve_Hun and kanamurva like this.
Old Jun 18, 19, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by lkrt View Post
Yes exactly that. Last time Decanter was surprised by the sheer number of koristeluraappas bought.
Very nice! Funny that I have read about koristeluraappas here on FT but I was too new to the forum to understand what was it about. Now I know.

If you want to buy something cheap but really useful, go for mikrokuituliina: https://www.decanter.fi/epages/decan...oducts/0000149. Really good for drying wine glasses etc.
Old Jun 18, 19, 5:20 am

How does accounting for the purchases work?
Old Jun 18, 19, 5:24 am

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by OH-LGG View Post
New Summer Challenge is on Air!

Accorhotels, AIG Insurance, Akruu, Aurinkomatkat, Avis, Belizia, Booking.com, CWT Kaleva, Decanter, Estravel, Europcar, Finavia, Finnair Holidays, Hertz, Holiday Club, Hotel GLO, Hotel Levi Panorama, Hotel St. George, Huone Events, InterContinental Hotels Group, Interhome, Joutsen Finland Oy, Kaligo, Lentoparkki, Moomin Shop, Naantali Spa, Nordic Choice Hotel, Oy Osk. Lindroos Ab, Patricia, Finnair Shop, Pointshound, Pre-Order and On-Board Shopping, Rental Cars, Risteilykeskus, Rocketmiles, RTV-Yhtymä, Ruissalo Spa, Rukakeskus Pyhätunturi, Scandic Hotels‚ Silversea Cruises, Sixt, Sokos Hotels, SSP Finland, Suomen Projekti- Instituutti, TableOnline, The Change Group, Timanttiset, Verisure, Vierumäki, Villada, Hintsa Performance, Trip.com, Remax Sky ja Remax Hyvät Kodit.
I see only a few that would possibly make it worth 1000p. The international hotel chains are out - no elite benefits, qualifying nights etc if booked via 3rd-party. As I don't overnight in Finland, Sokos, Scandic, etc hotels are also out. Rentals - maybe, if I happen to have one, I could credit them to AY. So 5k points, with some efforts maybe 10k points, but the extra 5k points doesn't really make the extra effort worth its while.

Should look into the T&C for Lentoparkki - I could just drive in and out 2 mins later. 1€/1000p is good.
Old Jun 18, 19, 5:27 am

Programs: AY GUEST
Can I just pay that koristeluraappa and leave it there?

Or should Decanter use same raappa for everyone, written on it "AY IDIOTS"
Old Jun 18, 19, 5:39 am

Programs: AY Lumo, A3 Gold, TK Elite Plus, BT VIP
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post
Should look into the T&C for Lentoparkki - I could just drive in and out 2 mins later. 1€/1000p is good.
Please report back after studying the T&C. I may give it a walk through before my next flight. And yes, I do mean a 2-minute walk across the parking area.
Old Jun 18, 19, 6:17 am

Programs: AY Silver
They were out of koristeluraappas for me last time, the next cheapest I could find in the small Helsinki centre branch were some metal skewers for olives or something, so I'm still missing my FlyerTalk/AY badge of membership koristeluraappas... Maybe I'll head there this time before the rush!

That and moomin shop (cheap sweets), RTV (I think I got a screwdriver for €1 from their sale bin!), Timanttiset (bracelet link), preorder/onboard purchase etc were some of the cheapest for your first 5 partners from last time. Lots of them seem to be hotels this time around though which as WilcoRoger says, almost certainly aren't worth it unless you were already planning a specific booking. Also you can get points from selling your house with 2 different partners, which is probably a bit extreme just to get your 5000 points...

They have once again copied and pasted their terms & conditions - it mentions 5/10/15/20 partners (in the english version anyway), which was 20000 points last time, but only up to 15000 can be 'won' this year.
Old Jun 18, 19, 7:09 am

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
I gather that a Jenkki chewing gum from WSM at hel airport will suffice as SSP transaction?
then for finnair plus, a voucher purchase would suffice too?
Old Jun 18, 19, 7:11 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (OWE), Accor Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
I think SSP requires over 15 eur purchase at a cafe/restaurant. All the details can be seen at finnairshop.com

Also the T&C state you have to earn with the partner, not redeem.
Old Jun 18, 19, 2:50 pm

Programs: *G
A parking tour is a horrible idea! Lentoparkki has plans starting from minimum 24 hours. Same minimum applies to Finavia advanced parking reservations.
If you go the extra mile and do your own research of places with no min spend you might get 5000 points fairly easily.
Repeat the process with multiple accounts and transfer for a massive stack.
Old Jun 18, 19, 10:30 pm

Any idea for a cheap Akruu purchase with no postage fees?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: