Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Shower - Arrivals lounge? and (observations from last flight)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EY, QR Platinum, BA Gold

Hi all, New to the Finnair forum. I'm traveling business class from BKK - HEL arriving at 6a and have a meeting after this about 10am. I don't see that AY has an arrivals lounge but is it possible to use a lounge or is there a lounge that I can use? I'm One World if that helps but I also don't mind paying.

On a side note I travelled Finnair two weeks ago BKK/HEL/MUC and returned from PRG/HEL/MUC and I have to say I was very impressed with great flights, food options etc. Schengen lounge when connecting to MUC was great, however the return as you all know the lounge is under renovation. (I knew this ahead of time and thought it can't be that bad, but it was. As I had time I walked back and used the Schengen lounge again which was no problem.

Looking forward to my next flight.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:45 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
AY Plat and Lumo can shower on arrival. Not sure about OWE. The rest is generally out of luck, unless the lounge is very empty and you get lucky that the dragon let's you in. Payable option might be in Aspire lounge - IIRC, cards like Priority Pass only granted you access, but showers were subject to an extra fee (could be like €15). Of course, I assume you need to have the access first as it's not a Plaza Premium concept.
flightcrew1 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: LH SEN
Good luck trying to access HEL airside (and any lounge) after arriving from BKK without onward boarding pass / itinerary.
flightcrew1 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:55 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
In Helsinki, a cost effective option would be going to a public swimming hall in the city. On weekdays many of them open around 6 AM.
flightcrew1 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:38 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
A day room at airport hotel (Glo) is 89€
https://www.glohotels.fi/en/hotels/g.../rooms/dayroom
flightcrew1 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
It was more than 2 years ago I got in Schengen lounge for shower without onward BP. No idea if still today you might access.
flightcrew1 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by on22cz
AY Plat and Lumo can shower on arrival.
I think the perk is gone. I have been denied a shower on arrival as a Lumo at the lounge 3/3 times that I tried this past year.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by napapiiri

I think the perk is gone. I have been denied a shower on arrival as a Lumo at the lounge 3/3 times that I tried this past year.
For a Lumo, denying this is really nickelanddiming IMO
on22cz, Steve_Hun and napapiiri like this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by napapiiri

I think my stats is 2/2 success, although at least once I had to point out the tier. Go figure :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.