Pre select meals J class

Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Pre select meals J class

i tried to select meals on the website but can’t seem to find it

it gave me

option 1,2,3? But what is that

Also is “seafood” meal a good choice? Is it lobster Thermidor or some type of lavish seafood feast?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by londonexpert

it gave me

Also is “seafood” meal a good choice? Is it lobster Thermidor or some type of lavish seafood feast?
Seeing the same for a flight in May. How far away is your flight?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EuroFlash

Seeing the same for a flight in May. How far away is your flight?
20 days
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP

it gave me

Above the option box there should be a link to what option 1, 2 and 3 are. It should say ... for more information about business class meals, please click here (or something like that).
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks

Also what is a "seafood meal" ?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Here you find all options till the 12th of Feb.

https://www.finnair.com/gb/gb/business-class-menus
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ed Size
Here you find all options till the 12th of Feb.

https://www.finnair.com/gb/gb/business-class-menus
thanks!

i can’t seem to find “seafood” meal. Is it a special J class premium selection?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS

thanks!

i can’t seem to find “seafood” meal. Is it a special J class premium selection?
While I've never tried the "Seafood" meal, usually Finnair pre-select meals are intended for people with dietary restrictions/allergies/etc. Hence, I wouldn't expect very much from them, and I would not expect to get anything even closely resembling Lobster Thermidor (if you refer to the iconic SQ J dish). Perhaps not quite seafood in its usual context, but if you like fish, I believe AY offers fish dishes on most LH J flights, and usually they're quite good. Hope this helps.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by SuloL
Hence, I wouldn't expect very much from them, and I would not expect to get anything even closely resembling Lobster Thermidor (if you refer to the iconic SQ J dish)..
I have to oppose this. Recently I had 4 Book the Cook SQ meals incl. this J Lobster. The result? Appetizers wins AY without doubt. Main courses go to AY, too, in most cases I recall as LH J meal on AY. There was absolutely nothing spectacular about SQ. Sorry to say, it's just overhyped product. AY doesn't have so fancy food, but it usually has very tasty food. I definitely prefer that.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by on22cz

I have to oppose this. Recently I had 4 Book the Cook SQ meals incl. this J Lobster. The result? Appetizers wins AY without doubt. Main courses go to AY, too, in most cases I recall as LH J meal on AY. There was absolutely nothing spectacular about SQ. Sorry to say, it's just overhyped product. AY doesn't have so fancy food, but it usually has very tasty food. I definitely prefer that.
Maybe I worded myself badly. I'm by no means implying that AY's dishes would be bad; LH J experiences from the past few years are quite the contrary actually. They may lack in presentation occasionally, but almost always taste good. What I meant to say, that AY doesn't practice that somewhat silly approach of trying to allure customers with fancy sounding dishes (e.g. the Lobster Thermidor) rather they stick to basics and do it well. I mean after all, it's airplane food. No matter how good your dish is, it just won't compare to anything on the ground.
on22cz likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
AY offers fish both as appetizers and as main course in longhaul J. Selecting "seafood" as a special meal would most likely just secure you the fish options that are on the menu anyway.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks

I didn’t realise this is a dietary option! I thought was some nice seafood platter option.

it appears I can select this for the short haul flight as well.

For Short haul from AMS or LHR what do you normally get in J class?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:12 am

Thanks

I didn’t realise this is a dietary option! I thought was some nice seafood platter option.

it appears I can select this for the short haul flight as well.

For Short haul from AMS or LHR what do you normally get in J class?
Take a look here: Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

For short-haul, you could select the 'Seafood' to get a guaranteed seafood/fish dish. They stock 2 options on most SH routes, and sometimes that's e.g. beef and chicken. Never been on an AY LH where the main dinner/lunch menu didn't include a fish main.

Last edited by SuloL; Jan 13, 2019 at 8:18 am
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by SuloL
Maybe I worded myself badly. I'm by no means implying that AY's dishes would be bad; LH J experiences from the past few years are quite the contrary actually. They may lack in presentation occasionally, but almost always taste good. What I meant to say, that AY doesn't practice that somewhat silly approach of trying to allure customers with fancy sounding dishes (e.g. the Lobster Thermidor) rather they stick to basics and do it well. I mean after all, it's airplane food. No matter how good your dish is, it just won't compare to anything on the ground.
I admit I understood you meant the lack of Lobster-like food as disadvantage. Now I have to fully agree, especially with the highlighted part. But I also understand some people prefer fancy-sounding tasteless food delivered with fake/forced smile (recognizable all the way from 58Ö) - just for the special feeling.
Improvements AY would need to do are much easier to achieve - assuming there is some will.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.