Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Is 1 hr 15 min at ARN stockholm from T2 to T5 enough for iceland connection (AY6823)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is 1 hr 15 min at ARN stockholm from T2 to T5 enough for iceland connection (AY6823)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by deissi
The AY flight number only denominates that a flight is marketed by Finnair. Any given flight can have numerous flight codes for different airlines, but that does not affect the operating carrier. I would assume that AY has an agreement for checking through baggage with Icelandair, but you can also check in the Finnair.com chat if you are worried.
As an illustration, Arlanda Airport departures page shows two flight numbers for the same flight: FI313 and AY6823.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deissi
The AY flight number only denominates that a flight is marketed by Finnair. Any given flight can have numerous flight codes for different airlines, but that does not affect the operating carrier. I would assume that AY has an agreement for checking through baggage with Icelandair, but you can also check in the Finnair.com chat if you are worried.
I checked with them(Finnair) on chat, they said that it should be auto checked but were unsure and told me to check at airport only. I am concerned regarding this, hope someone can give a certain answer on this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by shivam2004
I checked with them(Finnair) on chat, they said that it should be auto checked but were unsure and told me to check at airport only. I am concerned regarding this, hope someone can give a certain answer on this.
I believe the best answer you will get is from Finnair Chat. Even though we have a lot of flying experience here, I don't think anyone of us has done that particular itinerary so we can't say for sure..
Edit: In addition, I believe the only reason why it would not be checked through would be some customs regulations and in that case it would not matter whether the carrier is AY, FI or a pigeon.

Last edited by cistavoda; Dec 19, 2018 at 7:48 am Reason: add
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cistavoda
I believe the best answer you will get is from Finnair Chat. Even though we have a lot of flying experience here, I don't think anyone of us has done that particular itinerary so we can't say for sure..
Edit: In addition, I believe the only reason why it would not be checked through would be some customs regulations and in that case it would not matter whether the carrier is AY, FI or a pigeon.
On Finnair chat, they are not very sure themselves, only answer i got it will "probably" be checked through till KEF.
So as per you different carrier wont be the reason in case the baggage is not auto checked through but customs regulations will be.. I think if baggage will make through customs via Delhi and Helsinki, it should be through from ARN as well.
cistavoda likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:20 am

On Finnair chat, they are not very sure themselves, only answer i got it will "probably" be checked through till KEF.
So as per you different carrier wont be the reason in case the baggage is not auto checked through but customs regulations will be.. I think if baggage will make through customs via Delhi and Helsinki, it should be through from ARN as well.
At least couple years ago on the route in the opposite direction KEF-ARN-HEL there was no problem to get bags checked thru (and the airside bus connection between terminals also was easy). This was on FI ticket, although the second leg was operated by AY. I would assume the Delhi leg probably won't cause any changes to this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hezu
At least couple years ago on the route in the opposite direction KEF-ARN-HEL there was no problem to get bags checked thru (and the airside bus connection between terminals also was easy). This was on FI ticket, although the second leg was operated by AY. I would assume the Delhi leg probably won't cause any changes to this.
Thanks for the update, so it means now that i should not worry about my baggage being auto checked through from Delhi till KEF and the best mode of transfer from T2 arrival till T5 departure would to take Airside bus from 61C at T2 which will drop me at T5 , another parallel option can be walking between the two terminals.

Also, can anyone tell me if i can carry a small backpack along with the standard size carry on bag within finnair flight as a standard allowance? Total weight not exceeding 8Kg

Last edited by shivam2004; Dec 20, 2018 at 11:46 pm Reason: Another query - baggage limit
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Also, can anyone tell me if i can carry a small backpack along with the standard size carry on bag within finnair flight as a standard allowance? Total weight not exceeding 8Kg
One small additional personal item (40 x 30 x 15 cm) is within the allowance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.