Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Change from status holding FF number after selecting seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, SK, QR

I've got two long hauls coming up on Finnair. I'm on the A350, and have selected 42A/L on outbound & inbound for free with OWS status. Will I lose these seats if I change my frequent flyer program to one that isn't oneworld/where I have no status? Ideally I'd like to credit to Alaska instead of Cathay, but won't change the FF number if it means risking losing the seats.

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Either you will lose the seats or you will need to pay for them.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffay005
Either you will lose the seats or you will need to pay for them.
Suspected that might be the case. Will just credit to Cathay then - thanks for the answer.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by AJ747M
Suspected that might be the case. Will just credit to Cathay then - thanks for the answer.
No experience, but would it make sense to keep the CX FF number on reservation until boarding and then ask gate staff to change it to AS FF number just before they are closing the flight for boarding?
ffay005 and Justinus like this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ff_flyer
No experience, but would it make sense to keep the CX FF number on reservation until boarding and then ask gate staff to change it to AS FF number just before they are closing the flight for boarding?
Yeah that could be possible. Risky on the outbound trip as I could lose the seat selection for the inbound flight, unless it's possible to change the FF number after flying the first segment?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
It is possible to change FFP# at any time, crediting the outbound and inbound flights to different programmes. Might not be 100 % seamless, though, and miles might get credited to the wrong programme.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
You will not lose the seat selection, but until you pay the fees due for the selected seat, you wont be able to complete check-in.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by AJ747M
I've got two long hauls coming up on Finnair. I'm on the A350, and have selected 42A/L on outbound & inbound for free with OWS status. Will I lose these seats if I change my frequent flyer program to one that isn't oneworld/where I have no status? Ideally I'd like to credit to Alaska instead of Cathay, but won't change the FF number if it means risking losing the seats.

Thanks in advance.
I'm in the same boat. how did it go?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
I'm in the same boat. how did it go?
Just kept the status-holding FF in the end, so can't comment unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.