Mess in HEL to continue until 2022

Reply

Old Nov 27, 18, 3:17 am
  #1  
TTL
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KUO
Programs: HH Diam, AY Plat, Visa Plat, PP Prest
Posts: 1,637
Mess in HEL to continue until 2022

Sorry, no english version available.

The travelers are adviced to find out about new routes to get around weekly. Parking spaces are torn down. Buses and taxes relocated, etc...

Finavia seems to have a bottomless pit full of money for these investments.
TTL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 18, 3:42 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Programs: AY
Posts: 38
Took the bait

Originally Posted by TTL View Post
Sorry, no english version available.

The travelers are adviced to find out about new routes to get around weekly. Parking spaces are torn down. Buses and taxes relocated, etc...

Finavia seems to have a bottomless pit full of money for these investments.
What do you mean by bottomless pit full of money?
WelcometoHEL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 18, 3:44 am
  #3  
TTL
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KUO
Programs: HH Diam, AY Plat, Visa Plat, PP Prest
Posts: 1,637
Originally Posted by welcometohel View Post
what do you mean by bottomless pit full of money?
€ 1 000 000 000
TTL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 18, 4:02 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Programs: AY
Posts: 38
That one with a lot of zeros cover almost everything. The new transfer security plaza, South/West -wing etc. So a lot of walls for us to complain about

Here's basically the same thing in english

https://www.finavia.fi/en/newsroom/2...ild-year-ahead
WelcometoHEL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 18, 5:13 am
  #5  
TTL
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KUO
Programs: HH Diam, AY Plat, Visa Plat, PP Prest
Posts: 1,637
Originally Posted by WelcometoHEL View Post
That one with a lot of zeros cover almost everything. The new transfer security plaza, South/West -wing etc. So a lot of walls for us to complain about

Here's basically the same thing in english

https://www.finavia.fi/en/newsroom/2...ild-year-ahead
Not about that but the misery for passengers until that - smooth transfers perhaps but smooth travel experience to/from Helsinki-area may have to be forgotten.
TTL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 18, 7:08 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MMX (CPH)
Programs: AY+ Platinum, A3*G, 1865 Voyager, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD
Posts: 10,009
I took "the bottomless pit" to mean the holes they are digging where some building foundations eventually will be placed...
intuition is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 18, 7:10 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Programs: AY Gold
Posts: 540
Exaggerating a little? Naturally this kind of massive project effects the passengers but I'm sure you'll survive...

"The current departure and arrivals halls of Terminal 2 will undergo a complete transformation and become part of the gate area." The Schengen airside gets more space finally!
lkrt, Hartsa and FFlash like this.
Andaman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 18, 7:23 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MMX (CPH)
Programs: AY+ Platinum, A3*G, 1865 Voyager, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD
Posts: 10,009
Originally Posted by TTL View Post
€ 1 000 000 000
They might feel pressured by the ongoing €2 700 000 000 investment done in CPH (producing 46 new gates by 2024.)

I guess it is a race against time. I wouldn't want to be the airport operator with a brand new extension a few years after all the other nearby hubs have doubled their capacity.

CPH and ARN each predicts "40 million pax will use our airport", while OSL is ready for 32-35 million. With the 30 million pax "Helsinki is getting ready to serve" I guess no one in the nordics will ever be at home.
ffay005, vulle and Clydez like this.
intuition is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 18, 8:35 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HEL
Programs: Got a K-Plussa black! S-card remains green :D
Posts: 3,997
Originally Posted by Andaman View Post
Exaggerating a little? Naturally this kind of massive project effects the passengers but I'm sure you'll survive...

"The current departure and arrivals halls of Terminal 2 will undergo a complete transformation and become part of the gate area." The Schengen airside gets more space finally!
More shopping space, that is!
FFlash is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 18, 8:36 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HEL
Programs: Got a K-Plussa black! S-card remains green :D
Posts: 3,997
Originally Posted by TTL View Post
Not about that but the misery for passengers until that - smooth transfers perhaps but smooth travel experience to/from Helsinki-area may have to be forgotten.
So, then, transfer. Drop in/off at terminal 1 and go airside there; a new gateway for T2 gates?
FFlash is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 18, 9:34 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Helsinki
Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Posts: 979
So we complain when there is too little space and we complain when they are doing something about it. Tough crowd!
r2d2, nordic, ffay005 and 13 others like this.
niksal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 18, 9:54 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: AY,CA,CZ
Posts: 28
One more reason to go the airport by train. Can skip the mess.
Andaman, SPBanker and royng like this.
feixing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 18, 3:50 am
  #13  
TTL
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KUO
Programs: HH Diam, AY Plat, Visa Plat, PP Prest
Posts: 1,637
Originally Posted by niksal View Post
So we complain when there is too little space and we complain when they are doing something about it. Tough crowd!
So we wish to have an even larger shopping mall or what? Many efficient airports - e.g., MUC T2 with extension - do not resemble HEL a bit.
TTL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 18, 11:08 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Helsinki
Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Posts: 979
I don’t know what others wish. I wish for more
space and wider hallways. Shops will never disappear, so more space is needed.
ffay005, vulle, Andaman and 2 others like this.
niksal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 18, 11:10 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 708
I wonder where they will move the taxes.
duvin is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread