Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Speculations of new Finnair routes or frequencies

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculations of new Finnair routes or frequencies

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:23 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by mpkz
It's served from MMX and ARN because there are 87,000 people of Iranian descent in Sweden compared to 12,000 in Finland. Even without the sanctions there isn't a market there esp. when a IST stopover is so easy
I don't think that is the reason. There are 140 000 with Iraqi descent living in Sweden, yet there is no ARN-BGW service.

I don't think any route can be sustained based on a diaspora alone, and especially not with such low numbers. There need to be a demand for regular travel and cargo too. And indeed, business relations between Sweden and Iran was on the raise pre-sanctions.

Anyway, I only said IKA would be interesting from a personal perspective, no idea if it would even be possible.

Originally Posted by Clydez
https://onemileatatime.com/new-oneworld-member/

OW has announcement to make, some speculations: could be CZ or AT.

We will see.
December 5, apparently. CZ would be the interesting choice. But soon enough we'll see.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by intuition
December 5, apparently. CZ would be the interesting choice. But soon enough we'll see.
There's also the newer article mentioning AT's CEO is travelling to the conference. At the same point, there have been some rumours discussed about PR joining an alliance. Would be nice to get more than 1 at a time.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I smell a double points promo coming...

P.S.: Although at this point, AT only seems to offer interline with SK from HEL.

Last edited by Courmisch; Nov 30, 2018 at 10:07 am
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Double points? What when how where?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Finnair always runs points promotions on flights by new airline partners.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:23 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Then again, earnings on OW partners aren't that great to begin with. A 2x points promo on a new partner does not even beat ordinary earnings on AY. (In J that is)
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Yeah, and even if I'm actually going to CMN (Casablanca) and NKC (Nouakchott) next month, I can't really see AT as a hugely valuable addition to OW. Well, OXB (Bissau) is on my list of places to visit, so maybe I'll create a two-stop routing on AT if I ever end up going there.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Could we see a new route to CMN now that Royal Air Maroc (AT) was confirmed as the newest member of Oneworld? Link

At the moment AT already flies to ARN and CPH so maybe AY could codeshare if AT decides to start flying to HEL as well. Or is there even traffic from CMN to Asia that AY could try to capture or is EK/EY/QR too big in this market already? Or maybe AY could give feed to AT's operations to Western Africa and South America? Currently DY's flight to RAK is the only nonstop between HEL and Morocco.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:48 pm

I don't believe in HEL-CMN. Sweden and Denmark have far larger Moroccan minorities than Finland. There's virtually no O/D between HEL and CMN. And while I'm drooling over the AT route map planning my 2020 trips (Bangui, anyone?), there's no way you can fill a daily, or even a few weeklies, from HEL to the West & Central African destinations AT serves. People just aren't as crazy as me.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I read on another forum that Finnair might start to fly to MAA (Chennai, India). Apparently some Finnair people were there recently.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I would like to volunteer as a freelancer to study possible new destinations
ffay005, florens and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by florens
I read on another forum that Finnair might start to fly to MAA (Chennai, India). Apparently some Finnair people were there recently.
What?

Someone writes in net that AY staff seen somewhere and then it's a sign of opening a new route? Are these people serious?

Like: AY CEO had Boeing 1:100 scale on his table and then it was strong sing of ordering 737 for Finnair.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
I would like to volunteer as a freelancer to study possible new destinations
So you'd like to visit ten random Chinese megacities no one has ever heard of, and the same in India? Happy landings!
FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by ffay005
So you'd like to visit ten random Chinese megacities no one has ever heard of, and the same in India? Happy landings!
Freelancer has always the priviledge of choosing what to like
that much-talked about HNL I could start with.

end-offtopic
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: AA EXP
Finnair just added traditional Chinese as an option. Maybe a small indication in interest to the Taiwan market?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.