Widebody service to Dubai DXB

Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by florens
No, but 333 on Fridays and Saturdays until end of March (except February).
Yep.

But FFlash had 359 to AGP and switched now to 32x. And yes, it looks like FEB2019 AGP A333 flights are now 320/32B.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Yep.

But FFlash had 359 to AGP and switched now to 32x. And yes, it looks like FEB2019 AGP A333 flights are now 320/32B.
My bad, of course A330 it was.
It is winter holidays and my flights 17-24. Feb. I wonder why they swapped aircraft, too little tickets sold?
hoping they swap back A330 but not holding my breath
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: AY Platinum, LH, Accor, IHG, Scandic, Tallink
Originally Posted by FFlash

My bad, of course A330 it was.
It is winter holidays and my flights 17-24. Feb. I wonder why they swapped aircraft, too little tickets sold?
hoping they swap back A330 but not holding my breath
Same here. I have AGP flights for the upcoming weekend. It was A330 when I made the booking, but now it seems to be swapped for A319.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:56 am

Look like AGP A330 services on 11JAN and13JAN were cancelled earlier
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by jann3
Same here. I have AGP flights for the upcoming weekend. It was A330 when I made the booking, but now it seems to be swapped for A319.
If you complain, let us know the resolution please.

I will complain, since we selected everything around those dates A330 was scheduled. We would have been cheaper and better off otherwise. Here you see an idiot who does "weird things for normal people" just to book such specific flight
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
AGP loads must be a lot lower than AY had expected. I booked flights for family members last week, and mid-January to early February was wide open, with cheap (€168) returns and even award availability on several days. For the tickets I booked, it was A319 outbound and A32B inbound. Is there less demand than traditionally, or heavy competition?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:33 am

AGP is not so wanted destination from midJAN to midFEB.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: AY Platinum, LH, Accor, IHG, Scandic, Tallink

I will complain, since we selected everything around those dates A330 was scheduled. We would have been cheaper and better off otherwise. Here you see an idiot who does "weird things for normal people" just to book such specific flight
Widebody service was a decisive factor for me too. The aircraft swap is definitely a disappointment. Nevertheless I barely complain. Just whinig in internet...
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Trying to book a day trip / 1 night trip to LHR, but seems that the pricing has changed dramatically vs. the past. Can't get anything sensible by price (on weekends) especially with A350/A330 rotations. The other way around there is plenty of availability with cheapest classes so seems to be market segmentation thing. Anybody done it recently or any suggestions?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Furry
Trying to book a day trip / 1 night trip to LHR, but seems that the pricing has changed dramatically vs. the past. Can't get anything sensible by price (on weekends) especially with A350/A330 rotations. The other way around there is plenty of availability with cheapest classes so seems to be market segmentation thing. Anybody done it recently or any suggestions?
I suppose you are looking ex-TKU. Then there is oftentimes a crazy jump in price.
For example 9th Feb it is still "cheap" HEL-LHR. A359 out, last A320 for the day back. I am going. Anyone to join?
vulle likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)

I made a reservation to APG in J in A330 for March (Sunday-Sunday). Let us see what happens...
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
I suppose you are looking ex-TKU. Then there is oftentimes a crazy jump in price.
For example 9th Feb it is still "cheap" HEL-LHR. A359 out, last A320 for the day back. I am going. Anyone to join?
Already taking the day trip on 9th with my dad and a friend - those same flights. So definitely joining
FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
What is the best prize for AY flights on HEL-LHR same day returns? I can find 130€ for a couple of Saturdays which is pretty good. Still going to be a sad day at the end of March when BA stops the 2nd daily HEL-LHR and their 108€ same day returns become history. The best thing in the BA deal is that it is often available even the night before making spur of the moment London daytrips possible!
vulle, florens, remymartin and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:48 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
The BA trips used to be perfect but now I like my AY day trips to have some champagne.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:52 am

Season's 2019/2020 "leisure flights" schedule not published yet but it's interesting to see if DXB goes wide body only and AY tries to kick FZ out of this route next winter.

This winter D8 was successfully kicked out and this might be the plan when playing with 359.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.