Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium economy coming spring 2022

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Ed Size
You are right - my memory betrayed me. It was Silver but you only needed one J class flight to Asia to get Gold (maybe a little more I m not a calculator)
Yes so same deal as given to EBS/EBG/EBD now

But if AY gives them that deal then its not that bad for AY its an extra sold J fare which is more revenue.

these challenges are smart for airlines if they bring in extra cash with very little extra cost.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by kauppias
Yes so same deal as given to EBS/EBG/EBD now

But if AY gives them that deal then its not that bad for AY its an extra sold J fare which is more revenue.

these challenges are smart for airlines if they bring in extra cash with very little extra cost.
Thing is, if those ppl get Gold and never fly AY anymore, it's not going to cost AY anything, either. They sold that one J ticket and that's extra revenue. But I very much understand AY's reasoning here. They lure you to check their product out by promising you Gold, and if you like it, you can stay and enjoy the benefits that you would earn anyway, but only after a few months. So you just get a sort of advance payment. While I do see the problem with the vouchers and upgrade availability, I think AY is playing it smart here.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
Thing is, if those ppl get Gold and never fly AY anymore, it's not going to cost AY anything, either. They sold that one J ticket and that's extra revenue. But I very much understand AY's reasoning here. They lure you to check their product out by promising you Gold, and if you like it, you can stay and enjoy the benefits that you would earn anyway, but only after a few months. So you just get a sort of advance payment. While I do see the problem with the vouchers and upgrade availability, I think AY is playing it smart here.
that was my point as well.

A challenge brings in money at a very low/no risk.

Though I still think they could have set a higher target to be able to earn all the way to plat for higher tier members but its their game
ffay005 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK

I just read this on Finnair.com and noticed this wording (changed, compare to what others have published above) was not published here so I simply copied the text as is.

Finnair invests in customer comfort: new ATR cabins in 2019, new Premium Economy class for long-haul as of 2021

Finnair will renew the entire cabin of its ATR aircraft, and introduce a new Premium Economy cabin class for its long-haul fleet.
show more Finnair will renew the entire cabin of its ATR aircraft, and introduce a new Premium Economy cabin class for its long-haul fleet.

These investments speak of Finnair’s commitment to offer a high level of customer comfort and increased choice for its customers.

The 2019 ATR aircraft cabin renewal will include new seats, new carpets and a fresh cabin interior design. The new cabin class, Premium Economy, will launch in 2021 and is expected to be available on all intercontinental flights by the end of 2022.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:07 am

So experts what do you say about this. Offtopic for this thread but serves the purpose of this thread so I thought I can feel good to post this here.

Going soon to US East Coast (I can flex with destination if that matters for the aircraft type, but preferably to PHL) and I can book premium economy so I will test it. Whom should I give a try? SAS, AA or BA? I have EBD with SK and their Plus product I know already and like it and there is a chance for courtesy upgrade to business, but I have AY OWE too if that matters for BA/AA premium eco to have any upgrade chances (I think not) and I don't remember if I have ever tried their premium eco. I have tried both AA and BA in both eco and business as well as AA Main Cabin Extra on 77W and 772 and 747.
Thankie for advice

EDIT: important to add that I could of course fly to JFK with AY and upgrade to J, but I wanted to give a try for others. And also, it is the SEAT COMFORT that matters me most. Everything else is secondary, be it lousy food, bad drinks or newcastle-accent or what not.

Last edited by FFlash; Dec 12, 2018 at 10:19 am
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Go with SK as EBD. BA PE is not impressive, unless you get to go back to the 70s in a 747.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:16 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Originally Posted by FFlash
So experts what do you say about this. Offtopic for this thread but serves the purpose of this thread so I thought I can feel good to post this here.

Going soon to US East Coast (I can flex with destination if that matters for the aircraft type, but preferably to PHL) and I can book premium economy so I will test it. Whom should I give a try? SAS, AA or BA? I have EBD with SK and their Plus product I know already and like it and there is a chance for courtesy upgrade to business, but I have AY OWE too if that matters for BA/AA premium eco to have any upgrade chances (I think not) and I don't remember if I have ever tried their premium eco. I have tried both AA and BA in both eco and business as well as AA Main Cabin Extra on 77W and 772 and 747.
Thankie for advice

EDIT: important to add that I could of course fly to JFK with AY and upgrade to J, but I wanted to give a try for others. And also, it is the SEAT COMFORT that matters me most. Everything else is secondary, be it lousy food, bad drinks or newcastle-accent or what not.
As a OWE (QF Platinum), I normally get an op-up on BA (WT+ to Club World) on the SIN-SYD-SIN route.
My success rate is about 80% so far. However YMMV.
WT+ seating on BA is the newer version on the B773, not the ones on un-refurbished B772 and B744.
B787 and A380s have the newer version of WT+ seats.
In WT+, the main course for the first meal comes from Club World.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
The only thing I liked on WT+ on the A380 was the seat - but make sure you do not end up somewhere in the middle of the row. But still the seat was just Y+ not at all J- 7/8hours it is OK. I did not get upgrades even if they did them on my flight. When flying BA J I have a 50% scoring in upgrades to F.

I would go with SK if I where in your position.

Last edited by Ed Size; Dec 13, 2018 at 6:45 am
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by igel
As a OWE (QF Platinum), I normally get an op-up on BA (WT+ to Club World) on the SIN-SYD-SIN route.
My success rate is about 80% so far. However YMMV.
WT+ seating on BA is the newer version on the B773, not the ones on un-refurbished B772 and B744.
B787 and A380s have the newer version of WT+ seats.
In WT+, the main course for the first meal comes from Club World.
thanks! I bet there are tens of BA OWE on all U.S. Routes which go before me so op-up is wishful thinking
But I am doing search on the seats now...just difficult to easily see which aircraft on which flights offer on AY.com yes I can see it but takes too many clicks

The search engine should be remodelled asking first the booking class and aircraft and price and the last the rest. Destination and time I can adjust
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
AA PEY is surprisingly good, considering the current state of AA in general (not really good at the moment). The cabins are quite fresh, the seat is wide and bedding really good. Meals are closer to J than Y, but all drinks are served from plastic cups. Service is the usual AA (again, not really good at the moment), but I still find that their PEY offers really good value for money.
Old May 9, 2019, 5:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
A picture of the first refurbished and repainted (!) ATR (OH-ATI) appeared on instagram:

Maybe ATR news are worth a separate thread?
EuroFlash likes this.

Last edited by florens; May 9, 2019 at 5:12 am
Old May 10, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by florens
A picture of the first refurbished and repainted (!) ATR (OH-ATI) appeared on instagram:

Maybe ATR news are worth a separate thread?
wow that looks SUPER fresh, yes please start it!
loving the design
Old May 11, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by lkrt
This makes me worried, too, for obvious reasons. Also, I think PEY very rarely is worth the extra money. I truly hope AY will be wise enough not to screw us over by devaluing the upgrades.
When premium economy is cheaper than economy it will worth the money to fly in premium economy, like what I did on Aeroflot.
Old May 11, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: Finnair , Marriot Gold
The present premium economy atleast to Delhi is useless, there is hardly any extra legroom
Old May 11, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by jakas
The present premium economy atleast to Delhi is useless, there is hardly any extra legroom
It's not Premium Economy (which is a class of its own, with different kind of seats), but a + version of Economy.

And yes, extra legroom on the A330 is minimal. I test-sat a non-bulkhead Y+ seat on my recent HEL-DEL and it felt surprisingly tight. On the A350, there's more legroom.
jakas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.