Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium economy coming spring 2022

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2022, 4:07 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Cultlogic
Related to the seat, how far did the table extend?
Table shown here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34094075-post223.html
Cultlogic likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: AY Plat
Does the last row of (A350) PE have normal recline, or is it too close to the wall? Shouldn't need much space but just wondering is it less than other rows.
Old May 18, 2022, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Less stuff on the tray than on cattle charters to LPA in the 80’s but I guess this is what PE is today..
Less stuff than on HEL-IST in cattle class in 2022.
ffay005 and FFlash like this.
Old May 18, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by flyeer
Does the last row of (A350) PE have normal recline, or is it too close to the wall? Shouldn't need much space but just wondering is it less than other rows.
same recline, very comfortable there too
flyeer likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Less stuff than on HEL-IST in cattle class in 2022.

TK Y meal HEL-IST

For comparison: this is what I got yesterday in TK in cattle class from HEL. It is no gourmet meal, but simple and tasty. Reasonably fresh and simple side salad with tomato and cucumber, chicken cubes in sauce and rice (quite tasty, and I did not have to guess what it is supposed to be) and vanilla mousse for dessert.

There were bread rolls, too, but I did not take one.
Old May 19, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
It seems to be on par with AY J.
r2d2 and ffay005 like this.
Old May 19, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by on22cz
It seems to be on par with AY J.
Looks actually more appetizing than anything that AY has served recently, and more substantial than the infamous chicken caesar on JFK-HEL.
Old May 24, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I recently flew in PE to Singapore and I guess it must be the 'new PE' because everything seemed really nice and up-to-date.

Interestingly right after that I connected to a BE flight also in PE (to SYD) so I was able to compare the two without any memory gaps in my experience.

For starters AY PE does have an elegant, almost luxurious look to it. The designers did very well here. The tv screen is also a joy to use and is quite large. Service-wise everything was great, including the food after departure. The before-landing meal was quite the opposite though, literally a little box that was basically just a snack. Overall it was a great experience and in light of no upgrade availability to biz I was happy that I got to at least experience PE.

Two hours later I was on another flight in PE, this time on BA. Quality-wise the cabin looked dated, shabby even. Not even in the same league as AY. It reeked with cheapness to say the least. BUT... and that's a very big BUT... I got the impression that it gave noticeably more recline. And in that instant I stopped complaining and actually enjoyed being able to tilt back by what I thought was definitely a bit more. Can someone check whether this was indeed the case or whether it could have just been me happy to be on my next journey?

Service-wise BA was also very good, though they were more efficient at distributing drinks. Everyone who asked for wine during the first service was instantly given two bottles, and the same seemed to be the case with beers and stronger beverages. Nice and clever time-saver by the crew.
Old May 25, 2022, 12:30 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by aster
I

Service-wise BA was also very good, though they were more efficient at distributing drinks. Everyone who asked for wine during the first service was instantly given two bottles, and the same seemed to be the case with beers and stronger beverages. Nice and clever time-saver by the crew.
Re: this clever move, why not ? If some pax wants to drink just one, isnt it easier to recollect back unused ones?
If some FA fears that pax would put bottles in their pockets instead, that would be a useless and irrelevant thought…
Old May 25, 2022, 3:15 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash
Re: this clever move, why not ? If some pax wants to drink just one, isnt it easier to recollect back unused ones?
If some FA fears that pax would put bottles in their pockets instead, that would be a useless and irrelevant thought…
It’s been very typical on BA longhaul in J for as long as I can remember (not with wine as in J they used big bottles, at least when I flew with them the last time BC).

If you order a pre-dinner GT for example it’s more often than a double than single. That’s my experience and I like it👍
SPBanker likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
Well they're not forcing this upon anyone. If you REALLY want just one then that is what you'll get. But overall they're kindly offering and setting down a second bottle for those who reply to that with a smile.
Old May 27, 2022, 4:47 am
Suspended

Has anyone got a link to a seating guide in PE? Is the first row good for tall people (normally bulkheads are too close for me)?
Old May 27, 2022, 4:50 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I have flown LHR-HEL in PE once. The first row definitely had more legroom than other rows. I would choose it. That was A330.
mpkz likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Just booked Prg -Mel in Prem Econ. Noted that there was no recognition of OW Emerald status on any ticket / or MMB reference. Therefore I had to pay to select an aisle seat - 1200 CZK ish. Thought OW Emerald status guaranteed free preferred seat selection or am I missing something. 2 one ways marginally cheaper than a return by the way saving Euro 60 or so. 1500 GBP out and 1000 back mid July so not a bad price when compared to other Y tickets.
OF
Old May 31, 2022, 12:41 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Edit Sorry, wrong chain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.