Premium economy coming spring 2022

Old May 2, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by remymartin
Which fare bucket is used for PE upgrades?
F
remymartin likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG

But now after 2 hrs I have a new ticket
Unreal.

Anyone care to calculate the hours paid to CS agents to work through this on a system-wide basis?
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
CS is useless too.

First chat agent said my upgrade would cost 121.000 points and after I asked Him what???, this agent disappeared. Then comes next agent in and She is taking 3 European vouchers from me.
They are totally lost and have no training for this.

But now after 2 hrs I have a new ticket in F-class and it's First. Or Business. 2 European vouchers taken.

But it's not First, it's Business, can't you see?
Old May 2, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
21A sounds very First Row in Premium classic cattleyard
SuloL likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 12:02 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
CS is useless too.

First chat agent said my upgrade would cost 121.000 points and after I asked Him what???, this agent disappeared. Then comes next agent in and She is taking 3 European vouchers from me.
They are totally lost and have no training for this.

But now after 2 hrs I have a new ticket in F-class and it's First. Or Business. 2 European vouchers taken.

What is it, like 3 years ago they started to rearrange the buckets to accommodate the PE? You can't expect that project to be finished by now, you need to give them some time to make sure their own system knows about the buckets.
If they only moved to a distributed delivery model with virtual programmers in an office abroad I bet they could fix this in a jiffy.

Originally Posted by petteriusa
Unreal.

Anyone care to calculate the hours paid to CS agents to work through this on a system-wide basis?
All the new staff has made the waiting time too short. So they decided to make sure the upgrades can't be processed online. Only 10% of the staff was told the proper procedure, the rest was given random drivel. This way they can make sure the waiting time is kept at a healthy hour or above, as eveyone knows that loyalty comes from customers spending more time with your products.
petteriusa and Steve_Hun like this.
Old May 2, 2022, 1:25 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
There is no way to put this politely, but I sense Finnair has turned into a clown company.

Imagine your company going public with the plans for a brand new product offering. Imagine you get 4,5 years advance notice and in your domains lie the responsibility for "uppsell".
Sure, you are a very busy and important manager but don't you think you would have have spent at least a few days working through the product codes, the price codes, the code structure and such?

Imagine your company has a 20+ year history of offering upsell at discounted prices to an important client segment. Do you see yourself spending a few days during the 4,5 years making sure the new product is integrated to this long standing policy and making sure it is going to be well received in this segment?

Imagine your company has talked about digitalisation for years. Can you see yourself spending a few days making absolutely sure tech department is integrating the new product into all your sales channels? Especially the upsell structure, because you have an important client group whose loyalty with the company depend on the upsell model?

Finally, do you see yourself making sure there is a clear and timely communication to all your customers and all the service staff of the company?

How de fakk can Finnair, after 4,5 years, not have it all figured out on the supposed day of product launch? Zero communication to tier members. Zero communication to customer service. But hey, let's publish a table on our website and call it a day.

Well, I need to change my initial statement. Finnair isn't even a clown company, because clowns can at least make you laugh at their foolishnesses.
Old May 9, 2022, 12:08 pm

PE starts coughing right at the beginning: AY5 12MAY22 and 14MAY22 switched to 359 with old cabin.
Old May 9, 2022, 12:23 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
PE starts coughing right at the beginning: AY5 12MAY22 and 14MAY22 switched to 359 with old cabin.
They might get away with it in the beginning as many long hauls still fly (half) empty when it comes to SLF and even though I have no idea how PE sales are going, they might have some flights where they have room in J for all paid PE pax also?
Old May 9, 2022, 12:27 pm
a_k

Programs: AY+ Plat
What's the deal with PE being 2-4-2 on the A350 which is otherwise 3-3-3 seating 🤔
Old May 9, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by a_k
What's the deal with PE being 2-4-2 on the A350 which is otherwise 3-3-3 seating 🤔
I think industry standard is 2-4-2 on A350 and similar or larger frames (b777 etc)?
a_k likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Meaning PE pax get 75 % of their ticket price back. I wonder if anyone at AY has read that paragraph from EC261. There is no "exceptional circumstance" to resort to here.

Unless, of course, PE pax get an op-up to J. Do these planes have a J minicabin? That could work as a makeshift PE cabin, of course.
Old May 9, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by ffay005
Meaning PE pax get 75 % of their ticket price back. I wonder if anyone at AY has read that paragraph from EC261. There is no "exceptional circumstance" to resort to here.

Unless, of course, PE pax get an op-up to J. Do these planes have a J minicabin? That could work as a makeshift PE cabin, of course.
Would love to hear about experiences on these type claims on AY.
ffay005 and SuloL like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 3:44 am

W 22/23 ARN-MIA-ARN PE seats are Premium Seats

Old May 15, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
BKK PE seats were quoted at 119€.
Old May 15, 2022, 4:28 pm

My first AY PE meal, AY30:

SPBanker, remymartin and FFlash like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.