Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Meeting with Finnair team 28.11 @17:30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: loimu
Finnair Plus meets up with Flyertalkers!
28th November 17.30

Please register yourself here and send a PM to FinnairPlus account with your email address and AY+ number for the official invite.
Participants (limited to the 20 first):
1. lkrt
2. Tapio
3. OH-LGG
4. cistavoda
5. Akkku
6. courmisch
7. jmmi
8. Jainzar
9. FFlash
10. Post Scriptum
11. vulle
12. temppa
13. intuition
14. Purjelentaja
15. Leo123
16. DALtoAAL
17. joonasv
18. Aviating

20. Napapiiri

Cleared, please recheck-in
21. ffay005
22. loimu

Stand-by waiting list
23. UpperDeck87K
24. Talonmies
25. feixing
26. manywhere
27. Steve_Hun
28. AY0005
Print Wikipost

Meeting with Finnair team 28.11 @17:30

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Thanks alot, Finnair team for arranging such an amazing evening for us! I was really impressed by the effort to make that happen, preparing all those delicacies for us, and involving almost as many hosts and chefs as us guests in the event! The production facility tour was really interesting and it was great getting chance to sample all those delicious dishes, that will be available for J-flyers in spring.

It was also excellent opportunity for us to give feedback on various subjects in discussions, and I think some of us were also quite critical towards some of the services we get from Finnair, but that is to be taken as constructive feedback. Listening to the customers is one of the best ways to know development needs in customer services and it is great that Finnair team is interested in hearing our views, after all we as heavy users are among the best experts in evaluating the services.

Great event, I hope it was usefull to Finnair as well, and looking forward to next event
vulle, florens, temppa and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Thank you Finnair for the impressive event & services! As a food-lover I really like the trend to proactively develop onboard food offering. I can fully agree with previous comments that at least this time there were quite enough dishes in a tasting menu.

Also it was great to meet @Post Scriptum, who happened to be an old friend from other hobby - what a small world. Thanks also to @ffay005, @DALtoAAL, @Leo123 and @napapiiri for the nice company in the dinner table! ^

Amazing to hear that @napapiiri will be almost hitting to the 3 x Lumo level in one year! Of course she had a flight departing one hour after the Finnair event as well.
DALtoAAL and napapiiri like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by remymartin
Wow no after party? Cista, really??
I'm getting old...
Helsinki Flyer and vulle like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Joining to the choir, excellent event and I was impressed on the commitment from Finnair Top management for such event (then again, who would skip a 39 course menu if offered) that shows quite a high-level of interest on customer feedback.
Naturally, the only downside is that for people with food related allergies or limitations, even the setting was extremely extensive, in fact it is very much seafood-based and as such limits the scope quite a lot should any combination be offered in plane.

I think we got answers to the topical questions, at least on whether the premium lounge will be opened only for eligible pax or for all in February*.

Spoiler

vulle and Tapio like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
It was an amazing event and by far exceeded any expectations that I had, but @FinnairPlus tends to be sneaky like that.

I am happy that I finally got to meet some of you and look forward to hopefully meeting the rest of you FTs one day. Speaking of which, I would be willing to host something fun and unofficial if there is interest...

I am looking forward to some of these dishes on my not so far in the future flights. If I am lucky, I get 11 days in a row on the ground this time.

Last edited by napapiiri; Nov 29, 2018 at 9:23 am
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by napapiiri
If I am lucky, I get 11 days in a row on the ground this time.
Isn't it dangerous? It's not that safe here on the ground.
florens, FFlash and napapiiri like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:37 am
Company Representative, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Finnair Plus
On behalf of AY team -thanks for coming and for a GREAT evening. Happy to hear you all enjoyed it! It was absolute pleasure to host and listen to you. We really value all feedback that we've received (and I mean ALL - good, bad and ugly) and take it seriously.
I read this forum regularly, so pls feel free to tag/ PM if there are any questions you would like a direct answer to!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by FinnairPlus
On behalf of AY team -thanks for coming and for a GREAT evening. Happy to hear you all enjoyed it! It was absolute pleasure to host and listen to you. We really value all feedback that we've received (and I mean ALL - good, bad and ugly) and take it seriously.
I read this forum regularly, so pls feel free to tag/ PM if there are any questions you would like a direct answer to!
Thank you Finnair and @FinnairPlus , you really went above and beyond. Other airlines should be very jealous of the hospitality you showed your loyal flyers and I am sure many of us will fly just a little bit more in the coming months to test all the excellent dishes you served us during the evening.

Have to say I wasn't hungry at all this morning, and had a very light lunch. Was first really hungry this evening, 20 hours after the event
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by napapiiri
happy that I finally got to meet some of you and look forward to hopefully meeting the rest of you FTs one day. Speaking of which, I would be willing to host something fun and unofficial if there is interest...

I have always been impressed with fellow FlyerTalkers who are always ready join if there is fun and unofficial on the agenda - especially if it has something to do with travelling
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by vulle
I have always been impressed with fellow FlyerTalkers who are always ready join if there is fun and unofficial on the agenda - especially if it has something to do with travelling
My event would certainly involve travel.... to the exotic and popular FT destination of OUL! I would just have to convince everyone that it was worth leaving the airport.
vulle and Purjelentaja like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:53 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Sorry for breaking up the warm fuzzy feeling here , but there is something I wrote on my feedback form yesterday and today I experienced my fears first hand.

I am very happy the chefs are working with contrasting textures and liked very much that several of the entrées mixed soft with crunchy. What I wrote as feedback besides how much I liked it was my fear that it would be difficult to implement.

Several dishes used a roasted/dried dark rye bread and this lunch I got it "for real". Here it can be seen on top of a salmon "quenelle" as served on a flight departing HEL at noon.

Last night the bread was a delight, crunchy and a perfect companion to the salmon. Today "in real life" it was soggy, because the moist from the salmon. I don't mean to nit pick, I just want to let you know that the chef's vision isn't delivered.
I do hope you can find a way to keep the crunch!
vulle, FFlash and Purjelentaja like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Originally Posted by intuition
Maybe the bread could be added just before presentation.

Like the garnish is added to the soup just before serving.

That should not take more than 10-15s just prior to serving....
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by Aviating
Maybe the bread could be added just before presentation.
Like the garnish is added to the soup just before serving.
That should not take more than 10-15s just prior to serving....
I think one more goal has been achieved: now we have kind of become part of their catering development team! We now know what the chef's vision in creating all those delicious dishes has been and if we see that wasn't delivered to the plate onboard, we can give feedback and even propose a way to make it better, to fulfill the vision, as it really would be a shame if the great work wasn't delieved all the way to the customer's plate! I hope the feedback here goes all the way to the chefs and those responsible for catering, right @FinnairPlus?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
Sorry for breaking up the warm fuzzy feeling here , but there is something I wrote on my feedback form yesterday and today I experienced my fears first hand.

I am very happy the chefs are working with contrasting textures and liked very much that several of the entrées mixed soft with crunchy. What I wrote as feedback besides how much I liked it was my fear that it would be difficult to implement.

Several dishes used a roasted/dried dark rye bread and this lunch I got it "for real". Here it can be seen on top of a salmon "quenelle" as served on a flight departing HEL at noon.

Last night the bread was a delight, crunchy and a perfect companion to the salmon. Today "in real life" it was soggy, because the moist from the salmon. I don't mean to nit pick, I just want to let you know that the chef's vision isn't delivered.
thanks @intuition, I passed it on
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

yes, i will make sure this reaches the right people

Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
I think one more goal has been achieved: now we have kind of become part of their catering development team! We now know what the chef's vision in creating all those delicious dishes has been and if we see that wasn't delivered to the plate onboard, we can give feedback and even propose a way to make it better, to fulfill the vision, as it really would be a shame if the great work wasn't delieved all the way to the customer's plate! I hope the feedback here goes all the way to the chefs and those responsible for catering, right @FinnairPlus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.