Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Meeting with Finnair team 28.11 @17:30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: loimu
Finnair Plus meets up with Flyertalkers!
28th November 17.30

Please register yourself here and send a PM to FinnairPlus account with your email address and AY+ number for the official invite.
Participants (limited to the 20 first):
1. lkrt
2. Tapio
3. OH-LGG
4. cistavoda
5. Akkku
6. courmisch
7. jmmi
8. Jainzar
9. FFlash
10. Post Scriptum
11. vulle
12. temppa
13. intuition
14. Purjelentaja
15. Leo123
16. DALtoAAL
17. joonasv
18. Aviating

20. Napapiiri

Cleared, please recheck-in
21. ffay005
22. loimu

Stand-by waiting list
23. UpperDeck87K
24. Talonmies
25. feixing
26. manywhere
27. Steve_Hun
28. AY0005
Print Wikipost

Meeting with Finnair team 28.11 @17:30

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by nordic
One small wish. Please do not place crew bags in the first few overhead bins at least when the Business class is only a couple of rows.
+1 - first overhead bins are crew bags, equipments, etc - pax in rows 1-2 often has none.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
+1 - first overhead bins are crew bags, equipments, etc - pax in rows 1-2 often has none.
This is a direct outcome of Airbus fleet densification where cupboards on first row were removed adding 3 more seats (1DEF) and a few more seat rows. More seats and less overhead storage per passenger.
On the other there are always 2 empty middle seats per row but people are not willing to use them if overhead space is exhausted, will not help if seated on first row of course.
Another, very annoying issue is Y class travelers stowing their bags in business class bins and then moving behind the curtain - and these are very often AY status passengers, shame on you
vulle likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ff_flyer
Bring back the shortaul J menus, please.
I undestand the cost factor and environmental point of view and AY apparently will want to utilize IFE on Airbus fleet in when the installations have been completed.
But, personally I would NOT want to tap my phone or tablet to find out what will be served onbard.
I would also like Finnair to bring back shorthaul business class menus.
nordic, ffay005, cistavoda and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:07 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I just noticed that the reply-to mail is .. @ Finnair.com while the suggested address in the mail-text is .. @ Finnair.fi

I assume one is alias for the other, but did anyone get a reply for their confirmation-mail?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:56 am
Company Representative, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Finnair Plus
It's an alias, not to worry we got replies from almost everyone.

Originally Posted by intuition
I just noticed that the reply-to mail is .. @ Finnair.com while the suggested address in the mail-text is .. @ Finnair.fi

I assume one is alias for the other, but did anyone get a reply for their confirmation-mail?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
I would only have one topic here, the medicore seats on the A350 business class - please add at least some space. And why not using a heringbone config? It makes no sense that your head is as close as possible near the aisle, if you can do it the other way.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:26 pm

It would be nice to hear if there is a plan to replace DC with some other travel friendly credit card. Being Y traveller with the last legs with random airlines, the lounge access with DC has been quite valuable to me. If there would be another option coming from Finnair, then it would make sense to wait for it, otherwise it is time to start searching for other options.
LoungeEnthusiast, Ukki and Clydez like this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
One more topic for consideration. Last time when AY+ made "Fantastic New Improvements", contrary to our expectations, they did not introduce Lifetime Silver. It would not cost (almost) anything for AY, but would give at least some tier recognition for those FTs who will never reach LTG/LTP.
FFlash likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I must say I am overall happy. Topics that are currently on my mind are the credit card problem (DC) and shorthaul wifi. Maybe the trial period had ”streaming” for everyone, but now the free 30 minutes for plat is of worse quality. Not good. And then I have a pile of points, but it seems ridiculously expensive to redeem them on something nice (read:longhaul business/first on Finnair/OneWorld). Introduction of ”point bargains” or a review of the redemption tables (maybe to counter SK’s price hikes) would be in order?

FFlash likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by niksal
I must say I am overall happy. Topics that are currently on my mind are the credit card problem (DC) and shorthaul wifi. Maybe the trial period had ”streaming” for everyone, but now the free 30 minutes for plat is of worse quality. Not good. And then I have a pile of points, but it seems ridiculously expensive to redeem them on something nice (read:longhaul business/first on Finnair/OneWorld). Introduction of ”point bargains” or a review of the redemption tables (maybe to counter SK’s price hikes) would be in order?

Carefu what u ask for. Aleays when they start fixing something which is not broken, they only worsen things. They recently improved the award takeouts (on the cost of junior 50% awards) so they would move back upwards again if overhauling redemption charts.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:55 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by niksal
(maybe to counter SK’s price hikes) would be in order?

[/left]
I believe the changes in EuroBonus award table is paired with the drop of YQ on all routes, ie longhaul / partner awards.

So if AY is willing to drop YQ on all awards, then fine. Before that, there can't be any comparisons made.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: AY Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, GC Jade
Abolishing YQ on LH awards would be #1 on my list. Using points for LH redemption is kind of pointless if you still end up paying almost the same as you would for a low cost ticket without spending the points. Doing this for SH flights was a huge improvement some years ago -- now let's finish the job and do the same for LH as well.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I hope my waitlisted reservation clears, but even if it doesn't, I hope you could discuss the following:

- A350 seats; too cramped, too hard, too uneven, too uncomfortable to sleep in and no place to store laptop (even if they won't change A350 seats, let's hope they don't choose the same ones for A330 refurb)
- longhaul service concept is too variable; get rid of all that light, midnight menu, pay for this but not that mess and introduce one concept (I could live with one concept for America and another for Asia, but now there's too much variety between destinations)
- longhaul midflight snacks in J are ridiculous, Pirkka crisps and Fazer candy poured into glasses – really?

What I'm happy with (among other things) is that food in general has improved (both in longhaul and shorthaul J), the 30k European award is good value and longhaul upgrade awards are very good value, too.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
-> long haul late-night service: make it snappy, not lasting 3 hours into the flight.
-> HKG, SIN services: put at least one Finnish cabin crew on each flight
ffay005, esledo and cistavoda like this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by ffay005
- A350 seats; too cramped, too hard, too uneven, too uncomfortable to sleep in and no place to store laptop (even if they won't change A350 seats, let's hope they don't choose the same ones for A330 refurb)
Fully agree!!!
ffay005, _ra_ and napapiiri like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.