Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Meeting with Finnair team 28.11 @17:30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: loimu
Finnair Plus meets up with Flyertalkers!
28th November 17.30

Please register yourself here and send a PM to FinnairPlus account with your email address and AY+ number for the official invite.
Participants (limited to the 20 first):
1. lkrt
2. Tapio
3. OH-LGG
4. cistavoda
5. Akkku
6. courmisch
7. jmmi
8. Jainzar
9. FFlash
10. Post Scriptum
11. vulle
12. temppa
13. intuition
14. Purjelentaja
15. Leo123
16. DALtoAAL
17. joonasv
18. Aviating

20. Napapiiri

Cleared, please recheck-in
21. ffay005
22. loimu

Stand-by waiting list
23. UpperDeck87K
24. Talonmies
25. feixing
26. manywhere
27. Steve_Hun
28. AY0005
Print Wikipost

Meeting with Finnair team 28.11 @17:30

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
There is one hackathon coming soon in Lapland called AIR Hackathon. It’s IATA’s but Finnair is the ”hosting” airline + they are providing at least some API access it seems.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Akkku
There is one hackathon coming soon in Lapland called AIR Hackathon. It’s IATA’s but Finnair is the ”hosting” airline + they are providing at least some API access it seems.
And they're asking for blockchain tech.... Yeah. Any other buzzwords?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Hey, just look at the great things CX has achieved through its innovative use of blockchain technology in HK! I really wouldn't mind the AY website that blocks me from buying simple return tickets as long as I got something like this!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...s-program.html
cistavoda likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:28 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FFlash
What is API? A new business class meal? Or a new soft perk? Champagne brand?

Probably an Advanced Points Issuer ...

No, here it refers to a method for external parties to get controlled access to Finnair data. Like an OTA can actually search for available tickets in real time
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:36 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by cistavoda
No, but "enhance airline’s retailing capabilities" is the magic formula for taking the business away from selling actual airline tickets...
cistavoda likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
Oh no.. Can’t make it as I’m (surprise surprise) travelling on that date. Bad news for me but good news for the next person on the waiting list!
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Here are some Kitchen related topics & feedback which come in my mind.

- J-class: Late night LH-flight dinner service is sometimes very slow i.e. not very usable. Try to improve "fast-line" concept for the meal to save time for sleep.
- J-class: Starters are often very tasty and good. Try to have same positive experience with the main course (of course many times they are also pretty good).
- J-class: It would be good expand non-alcoholic drink selection. Now it is rather basic, but in J-class it would be nice to see some nice innovations in this area.
- J-class: Especially during the LH day flights it would be nice to improve the sweet/snacks offering between the meal services.
- Y-class: My experience from last summer...I ordered meals for whole family many months before the flight. For some reason catering only delivered empty trays, but no food. Not very convincing performance. Of course only one data point, but since then haven’t pre-ordered any meals, so it would be good to make things right in the first hand.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Tapio
For some reason catering only delivered empty trays, but no food. Not very convincing performance.
Maybe you ordered the low-calorie meal?
ffay005, vulle, intuition and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:27 am
Moderator, Finnair

We've all know that the fancier the restaurant, the smaller the portion. Serving just the tray must thus be the finest dining on the planet!
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by intuition
We've all know that the fancier the restaurant, the smaller the portion. Serving just the tray must thus be the finest dining on the planet!
Not only that, at 10k, the air just tastes different Even more exclusive delicatesse. Michelin star restaurants are envious of the structure of such mousse le aviation.
intuition likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Not only that, at 10k, the air just tastes different Even more exclusive delicatesse. Michelin star restaurants are envious of the structure of such mousse le aviation.
Well, I read this as if I can pay 10k points to sit front where the air quality is better than 58Ö. Deal. I value the most the air quality inflight. End-of-OT.
On topic. Meeting is approaching but we have not consolidated the topics. Needed or not?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I won't be there. But is it possible that someone asks about seat selection on codeshares? Very annoying that such a simple thing is not possible, still, after over 2 years via the Finnair website.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I think it boils down to four basic angles from Finnair's perspective:
  • why <rep> flies mostly/exclusively Finnair and credit points to Finnair Plus (product/schedule/route/price adequate & programme adequate)
  • why <rep> flies mostly/exclusively other oneworld airlines than Finnair, but credit to Finnair Plus (product/schedule/route/price adequate vs programme adequate)
  • why <rep> flies mostly/exclusively Finnair but credits to other FFP, which one, and why (product/schedule/routes/price adequate vs programme inadequate)
  • why <rep> flies mostly/exclusively other oneworld airlines and credits to other FFP, which ones, and why (product/schedule/routes/price inadequate & programme inadequate)
I hope there are reps from the aforementioned groups.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: AY Platinum
My waitlisting just cleared, see you on Wednesday!
ffay005, FFlash and napapiiri like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Anyone for a ”predeparture meetup”? I am landing at HEL around 3:30pm so I am open for loundging or arrival salad anywhere except Keimolanportti

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.