Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Meeting with Finnair team 28.11 @17:30

Meeting with Finnair team 28.11 @17:30

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 25, 18, 4:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: loimu
Wiki Link
Finnair Plus meets up with Flyertalkers!
28th November 17.30

Please register yourself here and send a PM to FinnairPlus account with your email address and AY+ number for the official invite.
Participants (limited to the 20 first):
1. lkrt
2. Tapio
3. OH-LGG
4. cistavoda
5. Akkku
6. courmisch
7. jmmi
8. Jainzar
9. FFlash
10. Post Scriptum
11. vulle
12. temppa
13. intuition
14. Purjelentaja
15. Leo123
16. DALtoAAL
17. joonasv
18. Aviating

20. Napapiiri

Cleared, please recheck-in
21. ffay005
22. loimu

Stand-by waiting list
23. UpperDeck87K
24. Talonmies
25. feixing
26. manywhere
27. Steve_Hun
28. AY0005
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 5, 18, 7:46 pm

Programs: AY Platinum
I'm in. Last on the waitlist I guess
Old Nov 5, 18, 9:02 pm
R2

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post
-> long haul late-night service: make it snappy, not lasting 3 hours into the flight.
-> HKG, SIN services: put at least one Finnish cabin crew on each flight
Why would there need to be a Finnish cabin crew member; to serve pax who only speak Finnish, to ensure service quality standards?
remymartin likes this.
Old Nov 6, 18, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QR PC Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, SK EB silver, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD, SJ Black
Originally Posted by AY0005 View Post
I'm in. Last on the waitlist I guess
Added you to wiki, #28
Old Nov 6, 18, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by ffay005 View Post

- A350 seats; too cramped, too hard, too uneven, too uncomfortable to sleep in and no place to store laptop (even if they won't change A350 seats, let's hope they don't choose the same ones for A330 refurb)
Plus if you are travelling as a couple, you get separated either by the immovable wall between the seats or by the corridor.
Ed Size and Ukki like this.
Old Nov 6, 18, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by R2 View Post
Why would there need to be a Finnish cabin crew member; to serve pax who only speak Finnish, to ensure service quality standards?
Both. For me - service standards.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Nov 6, 18, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post
-> long haul late-night service: make it snappy, not lasting 3 hours into the flight.
-> HKG, SIN services: put at least one Finnish cabin crew on each flight
The worst thing that can happen in economy is being woken up in the middle of the night to be told to unrecline your seat so someone behind you can eat. Completely agree with the first point.
Old Nov 9, 18, 1:16 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
My stand-by cleared today so I'll meet you guys on the 28th. ^ Anyone else cleared from the waiting list?
OH-LGG, Cupart, SPBanker and 5 others like this.
Old Nov 12, 18, 1:19 am

Nope - still waitlisted.
Old Nov 12, 18, 4:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Kulta (OW Sapphire), FB, SBB GA, Bonvoy Gold, ACCOR, Coop card, Aligro Card, Porsche Club Suisse
Get the website fixed...

1) Have English as a standard option on top of official in-countries languages. e.g. for Switzerland, you have DE, FR and IT but no English. You need to chose one of the three (or some other country), to then "re-choose" your region/language and first then becomes English an option...

2) Have to re-load too often when login into ones account. Please wait..... in infinite loops.

3) Jumping from Finnair to Finnair pages on the site, often results in resetting language to Finnish (I'm still on bare ground even after 15+ years living with a Finn)
ffay005 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Nov 12, 18, 1:42 pm

Programs: Finnair Platinum; Intercontinental Ambassador
Damn. Have to go to Malta for an expo that week and wont make it back. I will edit the top bit and free up the spot for the next lucky one and reply to the invite. Was really looking forward to this.
Old Nov 13, 18, 5:54 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by Cupart View Post
Get the website fixed...

1) Have English as a standard option on top of official in-countries languages. e.g. for Switzerland, you have DE, FR and IT but no English. You need to chose one of the three (or some other country), to then "re-choose" your region/language and first then becomes English an option...

2) Have to re-load too often when login into ones account. Please wait..... in infinite loops.

3) Jumping from Finnair to Finnair pages on the site, often results in resetting language to Finnish (I'm still on bare ground even after 15+ years living with a Finn)
And in addition would be nice to see the booking class on the search page as it was before. Now you have to input traveler details and proceed to the payment page to be able to see it! These small details all combined would all make people book direct more and drive revenue.
Old Nov 15, 18, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QR PC Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, SK EB silver, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD, SJ Black
I have an idea I want to float. I'm sure it will spark interest of several people here, but do you think it is something to bring to the table at this meeting?

I propose AY opens an API. It does not need to be public, it can be licensed or what-ever.
The scope of the API could start small, but ideally it would at least allow for upgrade searches and requests (including waitlisting), award searches and revenue ticket searches. It would be positive if booking of awards and revenue would be possible, even if it only was provided through the deep-link system available today. Parts of this surely already exists as third party aggregators ("Travelagents" such as expedia et.al.) can access it.

Alternatively, if external API is too scary, I propose AY arranges a hackathon.
I'd be happy to lead a team at such an event and I am very confident participants will provide huge benefits to AY.
vulle, temppa, cistavoda and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 15, 18, 4:24 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
I am afraid that there will not be at the meeting anyone who can talk in depth about the IT side.

I think the idea is good.

Already at the meering two years ago there was a discussion about IT and my recollection is that they promised to arrange such a meeting. Maybe what we could ask is that the IT meeting would now eventually be arranged...

Those ideas could be input to that meeting. However I feel that those are more bandaids for lacking features which AY should implement.
Old Nov 15, 18, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aviating View Post
However I feel that those are more bandaids for lacking features which AY should implement.[/left]
Yes, that is certainly the case.

My thinking here is that since IT-issues has been talked about before (actually several times) this likely has not enough priority internally to ever happen. Either they don't see the problem or it is not "sexy" enough to fix.

A hackathon could be hipp enough for someone to give it the green light on marketing hype alone. And for the API, well the best argument is that SAS has it...
Old Nov 15, 18, 9:37 am

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
What is API? A new business class meal? Or a new soft perk? Champagne brand?
esledo and Steve_Hun like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: