Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Meeting with Finnair team 28.11 @17:30

Meeting with Finnair team 28.11 @17:30

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 25, 18, 4:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: loimu
Wiki Link
Finnair Plus meets up with Flyertalkers!
28th November 17.30

Please register yourself here and send a PM to FinnairPlus account with your email address and AY+ number for the official invite.
Participants (limited to the 20 first):
1. lkrt
2. Tapio
3. OH-LGG
4. cistavoda
5. Akkku
6. courmisch
7. jmmi
8. Jainzar
9. FFlash
10. Post Scriptum
11. vulle
12. temppa
13. intuition
14. Purjelentaja
15. Leo123
16. DALtoAAL
17. joonasv
18. Aviating

20. Napapiiri

Cleared, please recheck-in
21. ffay005
22. loimu

Stand-by waiting list
23. UpperDeck87K
24. Talonmies
25. feixing
26. manywhere
27. Steve_Hun
28. AY0005
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 25, 18, 12:02 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by manywhere View Post
Not enough posting creds to justify wiki editing, but I can be available if someone sends me a batsignal. I'm anyways here, there and many where. *ba-dum-tss*
Added.
Old Oct 25, 18, 4:47 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Our little event has been noted by others...

Thread: Wish AA would follow Finair's lead! (AY Customer input event)
Originally Posted by MarJon View Post
I think this is brilliant and would be a great step with AA taking the positive lead among US based carriers.
I'd be happy to coordinate! I've been an AA FF since 1955. Still have the Sky Cradle Certificate from my first AA flight!
FFlash likes this.
Old Oct 26, 18, 4:43 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Rewards Gold
Seems that official invites were just sent out. Confirmed on my part ^
ffay005 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 18, 4:50 am

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
Originally Posted by joonasv View Post
Seems that official invites were just sent out. Confirmed on my part ^
+1. Kitchen invitation? I am not sure if they dont want us tell public what is to come so I leave it here.
Old Oct 26, 18, 4:51 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash View Post

+1. Kitchen invitation? I am not sure if they dont want us tell public what is to come so I leave it here.
Yup.
Old Oct 26, 18, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QR PC Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, SK EB silver, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD, SJ Black
Well, with the theme set, we can start our list of demands

Years ago, I always loved getting a cappuccino and a cinnamon bun mid flight on the A330. But instead of spreading that concept, they removed the coffee-makers from the fleet entirely. For a while they kept instant-cappuccino powder in stock, but even FA said "The powder cappuccino is terrible, I really don't want to serve you that!"

So I stopped asking for it.

But if we are talking about a nordic airline with ambitions in nordic cuisine, why not actually have a wide selection of coffee?
Finns consume 12kg of coffee per captia and year. In perspective, tea consumption in China is 0,57kr per capita and year...

By the way, here is what other airlines can do, in shorthaul traffic made by hand from fresh milk

Old Oct 26, 18, 8:01 am
Company Representative, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Finnair Plus
Yes, that's us! We thought you would enjoy a small "behind the scenes" tour
Of course there will be time to talk about other stuff as well!

ffay005 and vulle like this.
Old Oct 26, 18, 8:23 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by FinnairPlus View Post
Yes, that's us! We thought you would enjoy a small "behind the scenes" tour
Of course there will be time to talk about other stuff as well!
Excellent idea, very interesting, at least for a foodie like me! Already looking very much forward to the event!
DALtoAAL likes this.
Old Oct 26, 18, 10:48 am

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
Adding on topics to discuss here.

Upgrades - do NOT touch the (WINNING) concept BUT fix the availability tool

Cabin bags. Start policing the size and amount and let check bags for free or collect ancillaries for cabin bags for all below Gold cards to avoid the massive overhead bin space deficit and subsequent silly need of boarding early.

Shorthaul business class offering. Invent something else too than alcohol on top of meal - not everyone can or want always to take booze all-in just because it is free. Candies, snacks, for flights over 1,5 hours.

ffay005, vulle, DALtoAAL and 5 others like this.
Old Oct 27, 18, 7:42 am

Programs: AY Lumo, TK Elite Plus, BT VIP
Shorthaul business class offering. Invent something else too than alcohol on top of meal - not everyone can or want always to take booze all-in just because it is free. Candies, snacks, for flights over 1,5 hours.
Agreed. I would support officially offering SkyBistro items to J pax at no charge as well as trying to have same selection of drinks (now when we see more premium stuff in SkyBistro). Additionally, welcome drink (water/juice is enough) is something what should be immediately an official policy for SH J service.

LH J - first service should be much faster (why not to take orders - even if just for after-take-off drinks - before departure as many airlines do? Also removing trays and not throwing all the courses on the table at the same time would make the service nicer.
vulle likes this.
Old Oct 27, 18, 8:35 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by on22cz View Post
LH J - first service should be much faster (why not to take orders - even if just for after-take-off drinks - before departure as many airlines do? Also removing trays and not throwing all the courses on the table at the same time would make the service nicer.
Good points. For LH J I would add proactive refills on non-alcoholic drinks (without asking) and for alcoholic drinks asking if the customer wants a refill when the glass is getting empty. Dehydration is a real issue on longhaul flights and while in Y it is acceptable that you have to bring your own water bottle, in J I'd expect to have something to drink almost all the time (and not only the water bottle that is provided, I often drink it on one go after waking up on overnight flights). IME some AY FA's are good at this, but the majority are not. With top notch carriers this seems to be the standard in J and with non-alcoholic drinks the cost is minimal.
Old Oct 27, 18, 9:03 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), BW Diamond
- Omnichannel marketing and taking Orders via the App ->incl. Prepayment possibility, naturally waived costs related to status. This would really make service faster and would both enable marketing both on ground and then naturally still being able to ask "anything else" in air.

Interesting to test out the foods as well though in my regular routings no food is ever served
Old Oct 27, 18, 11:56 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Bring back the shortaul J menus, please.
I undestand the cost factor and environmental point of view and AY apparently will want to utilize IFE on Airbus fleet in when the installations have been completed.
But, personally I would NOT want to tap my phone or tablet to find out what will be served onbard.
Justinus, Hartsa and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Oct 27, 18, 1:12 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (Lifetime Gold), HH Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Would be good to get an update for HEL premium lounge upgrades.
Old Oct 27, 18, 1:34 pm

One small wish. Please do not place crew bags in the first few overhead bins at least when the Business class is only a couple of rows.

And one old wish. Please, do sell affordable restricted I class tickets. Lufthansa sells 3xx tickets whereas AY tickets cost almost always 7xx even for HEL-ARN.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: