Finnair Seat & Meal

Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:39 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Since Finnair didn’t want to upgrade me I decided to try the Seat and meal package. I opted for a bubbly brunch as it was a morning flight. It included a ”potato boat” filled with fresh cheese, chicken fillet in tomato sauce, braised spinach, mushrooms, rye roll, cream cheese, cold cuts, and fruit salad. The meal was served with champagne.

Despite the look, it was quite tasty combo actually but still not worth the money spent. And it’s annoying that tier members can’t choose the meal to be served to their preferred complimentary seats but first rows in economy only. What’s even more annoying is that those chargeable Seat and meal seats became available for anyone free of charge when check-in started. Without meal of course.

The service was indifferent on this flight. The tray was brought quickly after take off and the crew didn’t ask whether I would like to drink anything else than champagne. Had to call them back. Also, I would have appreciated if cabin crew asked when I would like to eat. I could have slept for an hour or so before eating. It was a 3+ hour flight so there was plenty of time.

Old Jan 17, 2022, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
So just having read about this in an other thread this reminded me. What actually happened to Seat & Meal?
Old Jan 17, 2022, 5:40 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
It's now called Business Class, except that the food is worse

(My guess is covid killed it.)
lhrpete, Kelju, intuition and 5 others like this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by ffay005
It's now called Business Class, except that the food is worse

(My guess is covid killed it.)
No its economy classic aka Covid Light ticket where ticket rules says ”campaign classic AY, meal enhanced to resQ and seat enhanced to no window no recline
Steve_Hun and jessejarvi like this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:08 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by FFlash
No its economy classic aka Covid Light ticket where ticket rules says ”campaign classic AY, meal enhanced to resQ and seat enhanced to no window no recline
I suppose ResQ meal depends on where you live but IME it's generally similar looking and better tasting than what AY serves. Even the sustainable options from the app.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.