Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Seat & Meal

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
I have even flown on a 0 J-row flight with AY. Looked really weird.
I have flown for actual business purposes an Finnair flight with 0 J rows, HEL-NCE.

Or maybe it was entirely business class, given the Finnair business class sign at the front
remymartin and Tapio like this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Like it often happens nowadays, I am on waitelist for two intra-European upgrades in next July (!).

Since I would be interested in Seat & Meal, would booking it reduce my chances for the upgrades? And if AY upgrades me anyway, would it repay me the Seat & Meal price?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I was booked to HEL-FCO-HEL next week by a customer and when I go to view the booking, it shows that I am seated at the Seat & Meal section. Are there any updates on what is included regarding food? Can I see somewhere which food option was booked for me?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by mhle
I was booked to HEL-FCO-HEL next week by a customer and when I go to view the booking, it shows that I am seated at the Seat & Meal section. Are there any updates on what is included regarding food? Can I see somewhere which food option was booked for me?
If they did not say that they gave you meal: be prepared for the eventuality of being just seated there. I had AA-AY combo where I was randomly seated in the seat & meal section for LHR segment. I did not get food.

But I did get to enjoy SSSS in Heathrow which also blocked the OLCI and thus probably contributed into the seat assignment.

Last edited by FordYaris; Dec 12, 2018 at 2:05 pm
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:03 pm

Happend to me a few weeks ago. No food. Nothing at all. Except that LHR check-in agent was a bit confused. He was talking to his colleague about "waiving it". I suppose it was the lack of payment for my Seat&Meal that had to be waived at check-in. I told him that AY CS put me in the seat, because I wished to sit in front part of the cabin. (I had previously called CS and had them choose seats for me while my MMB was locked due to waitlisted upgrade)
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FordYaris
If they did say that they gave you meal be prepared for the eventuality of being just seated there. I had AA-AY combo where I was randomly seated in the seat & meal section for LHR segment. I did not get food.
When I review my booking at the Finnair website, it does state that my seat includes a meal, but I cannot find any further details. The booking confirmation that I got from my customer's travel agency did not include too much details on the reservation. In the possible scenario that I end up getting a meal, I am still interested if anyone knows that kind of meal that is?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
When I review my booking at the Finnair website, it does state that my seat includes a meal, but I cannot find any further details. The booking confirmation that I got from my customer's travel agency did not include too much details on the reservation. In the possible scenario that I end up getting a meal, I am still interested if anyone knows that kind of meal that is?
Until OLCI opens, you cannot get to the Seat&Meal area without paying for it. That also means your reservation indeed includes a meal. I think you are selecting the meal in seat selection process, thus I suggest you open seat selection in MMB or call/chat Finnair.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
I selected one of the Seat and Meals seats during OLCI on my previous HEL-LHR fligh (there was no payment step). After that the booking mentioned a meal, but it was not served on the flight. Didn't expect one, tbh.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:23 am

On the reservation page, my booking states "Seat 3C, incl. meal". However, I cannot find a place where I could select the meal or see what possibly already has been selected for me. As the flight to Rome is an early morning flight, I don't care too much, will have breakfast in the lounge and then see what happens (with low expectations on anything). Thank you all for the input.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 3:07 am

Reporting back from this. Although my seat had been pre-booked on the seat & meal section and the reservation page stated "Seat 3C, incl. meal", no meal was included. I don't know how the seat was booked from that section, as the booking was done by my customer's travel agency. As I was expecting that this is a probable outcome, I had a good breakfast in the lounge. Otherwise good flights with really nice cabin crews, nothing to complain.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 3:36 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold

Reporting back from this. Although my seat had been pre-booked on the seat & meal section and the reservation page stated "Seat 3C, incl. meal", no meal was included. I don't know how the seat was booked from that section, as the booking was done by my customer's travel agency. As I was expecting that this is a probable outcome, I had a good breakfast in the lounge. Otherwise good flights with really nice cabin crews, nothing to complain.
So you were not able to choose the meal in MMB before your flight? I am able to do that (CS put us in row 1 for bassinet), and the confirmation also shows my meal choise. That said, I am also unable to choose a normal paid 14€ meal for that same flight.

Funny to see if we get anything on this 6hr flight. If not, I will send some hungry feedback to CS.

Last edited by HJP; Dec 24, 2018 at 3:49 am Reason: Added screenshot.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:06 am

I was not able to select the meal in MMB. If you managed to do that, I expect that you will get some food.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by HJP

So you were not able to choose the meal in MMB before your flight? I am able to do that (CS put us in row 1 for bassinet), and the confirmation also shows my meal choise.
If you are able to do that it is promising.
I was also put on a Seat&Meal by CS, but not charged for it. I was never allowed to choose any meal. Didn't get any meal either.
However, check-in agent in LHR seemed to notice that I had a unpaid seat&meal seat. He "waived" it.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: BA/VS Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Just returned from TFS with Seat&Meal both ways.

I have to say that the implementation baffles me. First of all, the food is different that the regular pre-order meals. Not better or more "high end" in any way, just different dishes. This clearly added much complexity during service; at one point the FA remarked that they had 9 different meal types loaded. This seemed to be something the inbound service couldn't really afford–the night flight from TFS gets a ton of pre-ordered meals and clearly the crew was swamped.

Second, there is only one dish per meal type (fish, meat, vegetarian or kids meal) whereas the regular pre-order meals have two options to choose from. This means that you are likely to have the same food both ways, which is boring at best.

Third, it's catered separately in its own catering containers. This was especially silly with the toy that's part of the kids' meal. My son was the only child with a Seat&Meal kids' meal, and so his one small toy travelled in style–a dedicated 40x30x30cm aluminium galley box.

Overall, I really don't understand why this is not just a package price deal for the regular pre-order meal, seat selection and priority security. Why it needs to affect the service delivery at all is beyond me – it must add to the implementation cost tremendously. The only theory I can float is that they plan to differentiate it more down the line: a short haul premium economy product?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Markonen
Overall, I really don't understand why this is not just a package price deal for the regular pre-order meal, seat selection and priority security. Why it needs to affect the service delivery at all is beyond me – it must add to the implementation cost tremendously. The only theory I can float is that they plan to differentiate it more down the line: a short haul premium economy product?
Or maybe just experimenting with various styles of extra services before making a decision on which one(s) to go forward with?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.