HEL Premium Lounge [now closed]

Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Maybe the lesson to learn here for AY is to never post too specific opening dates at too early stage. Have they never done any renovation projects before this? All renovations seem always take longer than expected. Still, I tend to read this so that the whole non-schengen lounge renovation should be completed by (this) summer as planned, first the Platinum Wing and after that the business lounge.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
Maybe the lesson to learn here for AY is to never post too specific opening dates at too early stage. Have they never done any renovation projects before this? All renovations seem always take longer than expected. Still, I tend to read this so that the whole non-schengen lounge renovation should be completed by (this) summer as planned, first the Platinum Wing and after that the business lounge.
The Platinum Wing was supposed to open in February, the 26th of March was a delayed date already. Anyway, it's not about that they have missed their planned date. It's the fact, that it took them until one day before the planned opening to communicate this. I actually would have booked an itinerary later this week differently if I had known this before.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by FlyeBye
It's the fact, that it took them until one day before the planned opening to communicate this.
Which they did only when they were contacted because pax had heard rumours. But it's not the communications department's fault. They only know what they're told, and they've probably never even been to the lounge. I have yet to see a company where the communications department works actively to find out things, like call someone a week prior the opening date to check that it's really opening...
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Uhh what a bummer, and they still advertise the 26th of March as a opening date on their german website - at least they changed it on their finish/international site. Someboda should tell them that they need to update all languages.

So I gonna book my next AY flight only when somebody report here that he actually used the new lounge.

Last edited by Ed Size; Mar 25, 2019 at 12:19 pm
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, OW emerald
This sucks indeed big time. I would say this is a major communication and renovation estimation screw up.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:51 am

It's been forever.. Does anybody know when can one expect to be able to go to sauna in HEL?
florens likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by elventhor
It's been forever.. Does anybody know when can one expect to be able to go to sauna in HEL?
It's end of Q2, so Q5 is not far anymore.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
This is stated under the AY Gold benefits on the AY website:

Summer 2019 it is at the moment...

"LOUNGE

When travelling on Finnair flights (AY code on the ticket), you have access to the Finnair Lounges and the new Finnair Platinum Wing, that is currently under renovation and will be opening by the summer 2019 – regardless of travel class."
Old May 22, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Teppo
Summer 2019 it is at the moment..
Still spring in Finland.
Ed Size and florens like this.
Old May 22, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
... the AY Gold benefits ...
... new Finnair Platinum Wing....
Oh ffs. Now it's going to be for Golds too? Or was this always the case?
florens likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: AY+
Originally Posted by cistavoda
This page still seems to say it's Platinum only though: https://www.finnair.com/int/gb/infor...irport/lounges
So it looks like contradicting information? It seems weird that Gold status would get you access to the Platinum Wing imo.
florens likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
It was supposed to be open for Golds for a limited time right after opening (because they were to renovate the current J lounge). I guess we don't know what will happen when the Plat lounge finally opens.
Old May 22, 2019, 9:36 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Or maybe they are just copying ideas from SK again. During low season, allow lower tier members into the lounge.
On SK silvers have lounge during summer. And silver is 10 segments...
Old May 22, 2019, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
Or maybe they are just copying ideas from SK again. During low season, allow lower tier members into the lounge.
On SK silvers have lounge during summer. And silver is 10 segments...
You can also reach SK Silver by collecting 20k SK TPs. You can get 20k SK TPs simply by having the correct credit card.
Old May 22, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
OK... so what does SK Silver have to do with Premium lounge or AY Gold?

Ed Size and miamiflyer8 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.