Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HEL Premium Lounge [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by Tapio
Just chatted with the lounge lady and she said that they have ordered some specific food or drink items which are delayed... Anyway I can still hear some construction noises behind the wall so whatever is the reason some delay in any case... 😅
Asked the lounge dragon two days ago and she said that construction is late. She wouldn't say if it's rather days or weeks, but pointed towards an opening in April. So, just inconsistent chatter and the official date is still the 26th of March which is tomorrow. Would be quite a failure in communication if they really don't open tomorrow.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:40 am

So, now it's official. A day before the opening they send out an e-mail with no new date. Pretty bad communication.
Will have a very long layover in HEL in a couple of days and was actually looking forward to spending that time in the new wing.
jp_fin, remymartin and on22cz like this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by FlyeBye
So, now it's official. A day before the opening they send out an e-mail with no new date. Pretty bad communication.
Will have a very long layover in HEL in a couple of days and was actually looking forward to spending that time in the new wing.
Yep, text of email below

FINNAIR PLATINUM WING LOUNGE OPENING POSTPONEDDue to an unexpected delay of the renovation, the new Finnair Platinum Wing lounge and showers as well as the quick coffee area in Finnair Business Lounge will not be opened on 26 March as communicated before. The renewal of the non-Schengen lounge area will be completed gradually by summer 2019 and the new opening date will be informed later on. Thank you for your patience – we cannot wait to welcome you to enjoy the new Finnair Platinum Wing Lounge as soon as possible!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:47 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Just received an email about this. Opening is delayed... Will be open "by summer". Whatever that means.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:49 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
You are all so fast...
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
So, a Länsimetro type failure. I was hoping a glitch of days, now looks that 6h layover in mid-april will be much worse. It seems they don't even have a plan right now so remains to be seen how they will handle this...
vulle and remymartin like this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Will be open "by summer". Whatever that means.
jp_fin, florens, SPBanker and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Now I'm waiting for the day when I find an email from AY: "Surprise, surprise, we are opening the Platinum Wing lounge tomorrow!" ...I mean since there is no update on opening date, I'm not so optimistic of seeing it open by the end of April. Unless they aim for the same on-time communication as they have just done with this delay.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by on22cz
Now I'm waiting for the day when I find an email from AY: "Surprise, surprise, we are opening the Platinum Wing lounge tomorrow!" ...I mean since there is no update on opening date, I'm not so optimistic of seeing it open by the end of April. Unless they aim for the same on-time communication as they have just done with this delay.
April is at least what the lounge dragon said. From the "communication style" I would say it's rather days or weeks, since this last day e-mail points to hopes they must have had to somehow get it done in time. But since BER, who knows? Still have my invitation for the opening back in 2011...
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: AY Lumo.
What a bummer. I'm flying to Singapore tomorrow and was so happy that I could check out the new Wing on the opening day. Not this time, then.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
This is so ”BERseestä”, hopefully opening next week oh well
vulle and remymartin like this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
So, a Länsimetro type failure. I was hoping a glitch of days, now looks that 6h layover in mid-april will be much worse. It seems they don't even have a plan right now so remains to be seen how they will handle this...
The way I read the email is that Finnair doesn’t know how long the delay will be and therefore doesn’t want to commit to a new date. Instead, they have chosen merely to repeat the already known fact that the renovation project (including renovation of the Business Lounge) is expected to be done by Summer 2019.

I wonder if the showers will not open until the Premium Wing opens. That’s really what I care about, since I am usually connecting from or to a long haul flight.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by FlyeBye
April is at least what the lounge dragon said. From the "communication style" I would say it's rather days or weeks, since this last day e-mail points to hopes they must have had to somehow get it done in time. But since BER, who knows? Still have my invitation for the opening back in 2011...
You have a good point there that this way of communication may suggest they had good hopes to be on time, thus the delay shouldn't be long. For me the problem I see is the information provided by lounge dragons - they have clearly been spreading the delay information for a few days already, so it doesn't seem like there was a possibility of delay, but rather it was a clear thing.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:26 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by flyingeph12

Yep, text of email below

Originally Posted by SPBanker
Will be open "by summer". Whatever that means.

Originally Posted by cistavoda
Do note the wording "will be completed gradually"...

One could argue that something is completed only when nothing is unfinished. OTOH, with a "gradually completion" I guess they can throw multiple opening parties! I am all for that!
SPBanker and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
I heard about the delay from a dragon on March 21.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.