Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HEL Premium Lounge [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:52 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
If so, it seems purple hell is gone. There is a god
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Clydez
man, my closest LH is 3 days before 26th. Need to book some for late March.
Unless you need the sauna the lounge is open from the 5th of March according a previous post. Why would the kitchen open on that date if the lounge were to open a few weeks later.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by nordic

Unless you need the sauna the lounge is open from the 5th of March according a previous post. Why would the kitchen open on that date if the lounge were to open a few weeks later.
you are right. Didnt read carefully.

Well then good news, problem solved.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by nordic

According to email, lounge opens 26.3. Kitchen (and hot food+proper silverware) opens on 5.3. So current lounge is available with hot food 5.3-25.3.
cistavoda likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:08 pm

If you Google the short Youtube-video The Nordic taste in Finnair lounge you’ll learn that there will always (breakfasts excluded?) be a choice of a meat, fish and vegeterian meal
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:10 pm

It is easier to post links with a computer. compared with mobile devices. So now you don't have to google yourselves.

Steve_Hun and SirToby like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
Visited both Schengen and non-schengen lounges today and the non-schengen 2 weeks ago, silver-/plateware is back, hot food is back also. Soup bowls are still recyclables.

Food spread at 12:00 was smaller in non-schengen compared to Schengen. Less sweets/desserts, but there were meatballs.

Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
They had meatballs also for breakfast

The warm breakfast selection was Karelian pies, meatballs, cheese&tomato omelet and porridge. The omelet was surprisingly good.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Not impressed by the Non-Schengen hot food this evening. Workplace cafeteria style chili con carne and a very unappetizing-looking vegetarian lasagna. And Finnish lihakeitto. I was looking forward to meatballs and mash, but no luck this time. Now I'll just have to hope my reindeer is well-prepared on board ^

Oh, and I don't know how they managed this, but two pax actually succeeded in dragging a dragon behind the bar counter. They're being served GT's right now. I don't think I've ever seen anyone behind that counter.

Last edited by ffay005; Mar 7, 2019 at 8:39 am
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
You will get spirits from bar but always have to ask someone come to serve you
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Apparently the construction work is not finished on time and the opening of Platinum Wings will be delayed. Maybe by a few weeks?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:11 am

Awful experience at HEL. Flying BA and as the sauna is not open yet, decided to use Almost@Home instead. Except that there is no signage at all and I walked way past it.

Info gave me the directions. Ok since my flight departs at gate 50 let me just use the Finnair lounge. And then they are at capacity, instructions at door offering JAL passengers a paltry 10 euro voucher in lieu. The lady said sorry but insisted me going back to Almost@Home.

Another long walk and I finally found it. Insanely crowded and quite an effort to find a seat eventually.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
One could hope that in case Platinum Wing opening is delayed, it is only matter of days with this type of communication plan.
Wasn't LAX inaugural on 31st? Don't know what type of parties they arrange on the inaugural flights but might be a bit turn-off if the VIP's invited to the flight would be bumped from lounge due to capacity issues
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
AY is still hoping. Thats what they told me this morning:
we do not have any update for the Platinum Lounge opening. Hopefully the deadline for the renovation would be met.
I hope they change my flight.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Just chatted with the lounge lady and she said that they have ordered some specific food or drink items which are delayed... Anyway I can still hear some construction noises behind the wall so whatever is the reason some delay in any case... 😅

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.