Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HEL Premium Lounge [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Are these reliable info is one thing and another is if AY is by this introducing a First class lounge even if AY has no First onboard. Why not, I think there is nothing preventing to open a Frist lounge even if not flying first cabins
intuition likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by SuloL
Is the Premium lounge capacity increasing btw?
Yes, both the capacity of the Premium Lounge and the main lounge will roughly double. The expanded Premium Lounge will have about as many seats as the main lounge now has.

I don't get why AY would need to limit the access to the Premium Lounge so heavily during the main lounge renovation. Sounds just irrational that the entry criteria would be loosened after the main lounge renovation if complete.

The new Premium Lounge has the same capacity as the current main lounge, so AY could just say that the main lounge will temporarily move to the premises of the Premium Lounge for the duration of the renovation and during that time, Premium Lounge services (like a la carte dining) are not available (as it would effectively be a Business Class Lounge). By limiting access, most of the AY customers that are eligible for lounge access would have to use the Schengen lounge, which is already overcrowded at peak hours.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:42 pm

I find it way too complicated to restrict the access only for the highest business class fares (D and C) and not for J or I. Even though this would affect only OWEs not using AY metal and code.
LoungeEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Even though I'm only a lowly Gold now I think it's a very good that AY will limit Premium Lounge to Lumo/Plat/OWE IMHO.
Ukki likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Guys, guys, guys. This "Bdsm" (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BDSM) is obviously a troll, having posted five times (four of which got merget into one) about the same thing and zero times about anything else, giving absolutely ridiculous entry limit suggestions. Let's just forget about it and get on with our lives.

Aama, I agree with you. Premium should be for Lumo/Plat/OWE. That's what makes it Premium.
r2d2, esledo and lento like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
Aama, I agree with you. Premium should be for Lumo/Plat/OWE. That's what makes it Premium.
OWEs included and I’m in (or as I just heard the Finnish version olen niin inessä)
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:12 pm

Would this be actually feasible within the alliance rules? Often when discussing lounge restrictions across the OW alliance, it's hypothesized that individual carriers are not able to limit access to their own elite members only and leave the corresponding OW tier out.
Are you asking if AY is allowed to restrict some services to AY Lumos under OW rules, since AY is the only airline which offers a Lumo tier? I suggest that you take that discussion outside the Concorde Room at Heathrow.
napapiiri likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by Some person
Are you asking if AY is allowed to restrict some services to AY Lumos under OW rules, since AY is the only airline which offers a Lumo tier? I suggest that you take that discussion outside the Concorde Room at Heathrow.
No. Was just contemplating on whether AY can provide a special lounge for normal plats while leaving OWE out.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Originally Posted by ffay005
Guys, guys, guys. This "Bdsm" (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BDSM) is obviously a troll, having posted five times (four of which got merget into one) about the same thing and zero times about anything else, giving absolutely ridiculous entry limit suggestions. Let's just forget about it and get on with our lives.
Probably somebody making up stories to stir a reaction, yes. As a relatively new (and young) FTer I have been surprised at how civil this place is for an internet forum, but trolls do exist here after all.

I do however see a restriction of Premium Lounge to Plat/Lumo/OWE as sensible. Especially as long as giveaway Gold card remains a thing for AY Plat. Very similar situation over in SK-land with Diamonds gifting Gold (and lounge access) left and right.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
No. Was just contemplating on whether AY can provide a special lounge for normal plats while leaving OWE out.
I would surmise that this would indeed be very much against OW rules. If allowed, what's the purpose of an alliance with shared goals and reciprocity? Now, if any carrier chooses to have a super exclusive club for a "above and beyond" their OWE equivalent status, that's a different matter. Qantas has this, for example, with their 'Chairman's Lounges (from my friends @ausbt) https://www.ausbt.com.au/what-it-s-r...irman-s-lounge
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I would surmise that this would indeed be very much against OW rules. If allowed, what's the purpose of an alliance with shared goals and reciprocity? Now, if any carrier chooses to have a super exclusive club for a "above and beyond" their OWE equivalent status, that's a different matter. Qantas has this, for example, with their 'Chairman's Lounges (from my friends @ausbt) https://www.ausbt.com.au/what-it-s-r...irman-s-lounge
QR does this so do BA and AA
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by londonexpert

QR does this so do BA and AA
Examples please.. I've been an AA EXP (standard OWE, not a CK) for over 10 years, and not aware of any lounge I'm entitled to access that any OWE is not allowed to in the AA lounge network. As a matter of fact, when flying solely on US domestic itineraries, I'm not allowed to access AA Flagship Lounges while any other OWE can.

BA has it's CCR Lounges, but one needs to be flying BA F or have a beyond BA's standard Gold/OWE status to access..
remymartin likes this.

Last edited by teemuflyer; Jan 21, 2019 at 9:37 am
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I seem to recall UL also had a lounge that I wasn't able to access as OWE on a Y ticket, in line with QR "rules".
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:53 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
OW has granted some airlines limited exceptions to the rules, and those are listed on oneworld.com

Sadly, the list has grown longer and longer and one can indeed ask what is the purpose of the alliance.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
I seem to recall UL also had a lounge that I wasn't able to access as OWE on a Y ticket, in line with QR "rules".
Yes, both QR and UL have these special lounges, but they don't discriminate between their own OWE equivalents vs. other OWEs, but rather require a J or F ticket for access, regardless of any FF status. Same for AA's Flagship First Dining. Only available to qualified F pax (LH Int'l or 3 class US transcon), AA CK's (special, not normal AA EXPs) and in JFK, CX F pax (special arrangement).
remymartin, esledo, jouhka and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.