Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HEL Premium Lounge [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum
This Platinum Wing renovation is becoming a joke and pretty frustrating. Nobody at the Lounge desk can say anything nor others Finnair when I've asked around. Seemingly its something pretty unexpected. They have all the furniture there waiting, so not sure what the hold up is for so many months :/
florens and FFlash like this.
Old May 29, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by RiotPelaaja
This Platinum Wing renovation is becoming a joke and pretty frustrating. Nobody at the Lounge desk can say anything nor others Finnair when I've asked around. Seemingly its something pretty unexpected. They have all the furniture there waiting, so not sure what the hold up is for so many months :/
Worried that it is not anymore a water damage thing or such which can be sorted out in due time but rather some BER effect, a rakennuslupa mistake or such which can take forever to fix. Bad.
Aisle_ likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Hope it is not Berlin Brandenburg airport in miniature...
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:46 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by Bdsm
Get over it, the project has been cancelled altogether. Mr Manner did it already in January.
They will admit it after the summer holidays are over in Finland.
It will be announced as a big enhancement, one big lounge for everybody.
Will eventually open next spring or later.
I will bet 1 SH voucher for it.
Wait, no more vouchers left here, changed airlines already.
I guess you have that info directly from the female Lumo who - as you wrote - was already enjoying a la carte dining in the Platinum Wing back in February, right?
Sorry mate, nobody's listening anymore.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
There I was thinking in winter that the renovation is just finished before my own trip and furthermore, with the leeway to AY golds, a friend of mine would be able to also visit PW in june. But here we are, it would seem no visit to PW for either and also, no real communication from AY at all.
But, based on my experience on a random Sunday in April, the non-Schengen lounge wasn't that bad between 12-15, how about before the midnight flights, is the place still a zoo around 22-24 or has it already calmed down a lot?
florens likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
There I was thinking in winter that the renovation is just finished before my own trip and furthermore, with the leeway to AY golds, a friend of mine would be able to also visit PW in june. But here we are, it would seem no visit to PW for either and also, no real communication from AY at all.
But, based on my experience on a random Sunday in April, the non-Schengen lounge wasn't that bad between 12-15, how about before the midnight flights, is the place still a zoo around 22-24 or has it already calmed down a lot?
It's zoo only from 15-17. In other times there is plenty of space.
florens likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by reflektia
It's zoo only from 15-17. In other times there is plenty of space.
Unfortunatley space is not the only thing you look for in a lounge. Neither the food nor the service is getting better once the space is open again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.