HEL Premium Lounge [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: AY LUMO
I hope one of those 4 seats is for me.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Cupart
Currently spending some quality time in the AY HEL lounge and wondering why, oh why, have Finnair decided to replace all porcelain plates with "sustainable" paper ones and all propper glasware with plastic versions and then make it sound like it’s right thing to do for a better planet? Same with those horrible papper aminity kits they handed out in J a few years ago before being replaced with the Marimekko kits... Will they never learn?

There are also 4 seats reserved in one group for Lumo card holders so these PAX better be best of friends. Also, not the best plcement in the lounge as it’s placed in the corner "down stairs" just before the stairs leading up to the mezzanie as well the aisle leading to then WC’s...
There is the privacy factor........

But then is a probability that these 4 are all on same PNR
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Cupart
Currently spending some quality time in the AY HEL lounge and wondering why, oh why, have Finnair decided to replace all porcelain plates with "sustainable" paper ones and all propper glasware with plastic versions and then make it sound like it’s right thing to do for a better planet? Same with those horrible papper aminity kits they handed out in J a few years ago before being replaced with the Marimekko kits... Will they never learn?
The disposable plates / cutlery are used due to the kitchen "closure". I can only assume that they would not have the capability to clean the dishes during the renovations. It was the same in the Schengen lounge during the renovations. Now that they are done, the china and the metal cutlery is back and the disposable ones are gone!
Cupart likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 7:55 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
Thanks for the clarification mr Hun... I did over hear, just as I was leaving, that they have no running water in the lounge so all is forgiven ;-)
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
according to JAL website they will hand out shopping vouchers to pax travelling on the JAL flight to NRT since they won't be allowed into the lounge at all:

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/inter/180926.html

considering that between 3pm - 5pm it's normally more peaceful if you walk to the new wing of the terminal and pass the time there then i'd rather have the vouchers although I suspect that i'd be let into the lounge on account of BAEC gold and not be given the vouchers
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by intuition
I also do hope they are doing something about the number of toilets. Rebuilding toilet / kitchen areas and moving the wall to the south is probably an encroachment enough to force a close entirely.
BTW if you seated next to Bar and facing to the windows you could see direct to men's room when door was opened and see someone standing there and urinating.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:25 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
BTW if you seated next to Bar and facing to the windows you could see direct to men's room when door was opened and see someone standing there and urinating.
Dinner and a show. Does anyone need more premium than that?
OH-LGG, lkrt, cistavoda and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by riku2
according to JAL website they will hand out shopping vouchers to pax travelling on the JAL flight to NRT since they won't be allowed into the lounge at all:

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/inter/180926.html

considering that between 3pm - 5pm it's normally more peaceful if you walk to the new wing of the terminal and pass the time there then i'd rather have the vouchers although I suspect that i'd be let into the lounge on account of BAEC gold and not be given the vouchers
Just read from BA flyertalk that also pax on BA flights won't be allowed into the lounge at the moment.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by teme
Just read from BA flyertalk that also pax on BA flights won't be allowed into the lounge at the moment.
Many happy customers - I guess. So who is allowed? Only AY Business and status flyers?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Many happy customers - I guess. So who is allowed? Only AY Business and status flyers?
I'm waiting for reports regarding the value and extent of validity of those vouchers, but I think they might in the end be much happier than us.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by on22cz
I'm waiting for reports regarding the value and extent of validity of those vouchers, but I think they might in the end be much happier than us.
I guess so too. I really want Burger King vouchers instead of this limited and crowded lounge service. Lucky me, my next connection in Hel is less then 50 minutes (both directions).
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
BA could route pax to almost@home, which is their contract lounge anyway.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
BA could route pax to almost@home, which is their contract lounge anyway.
I read in BA board that BA passengers are re-directed from AY lounge to the Almost@Home lounge.
I am wondering about QR passengers, are they being asked go go back to Schengen area (Aspire) ? I will know for sure in 2,5 weeks.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE)
Originally Posted by lento
I read in BA board that BA passengers are re-directed from AY lounge to the Almost@Home lounge.
I am wondering about QR passengers, are they being asked go go back to Schengen area (Aspire) ? I will know for sure in 2,5 weeks.
Interested abut this topic as well, since I will have a BA Y-flight to LHR next week...will AY lounge turn away also their Plat member? No biggie anyway...
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards

Here’s the entrance sign of almost@home.

At 3 pm rather full but still seats available. Janssonin kiusaus as hot meal + salad, fruit, etc. No cardboard plates or plastic cutlery.
EDIT - an hour later (by 4 pm) starting to really fill up.

Drink choice run of the mill.

Beats the crowds at the AY non-Schengen lounge.

DC card is valuable 😀

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Oct 8, 2018 at 6:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.