Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair/AY award/redemption booking/ticket thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair/AY award/redemption booking/ticket thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2022, 4:20 am

Programs: AY Plat
Didn't know this was possible either, although my situation is a bit different as I was thinking to book an award ticket for my girlfriend, and myself buy an economy ticket, which I'd try to upgrade with the vouchers. But if award availability is any indication, immediate upgrades aren't available there.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
Originally Posted by Clarity_
I'm thinking about using my points to get an award flight HEL-ICN (return) at the beginning of April, however when I look for availability on Finnair website, I see very limited dates for award tickets and no business class availability at all. According to EF all the business class seats are empty (I know this is not a good indication of actual availability). Does it make sense to contact AY CS or is there a better way to search for award flights? Also I wonder if they will release some business class seats later on?
​​​​​​
Funny let me know if that worked out with WA., Because I'm looking at exactly the same. Flights to ICN on late April or early May.
I checked every date on whole March, April and May and not one availability for Business. Really disappointing so maybe that WA trick will help?
Clarity_ likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:28 am

Programs: some
I'd be curious about that as well. Have a flight booked to BKK in December and had planned to take the SO on an award ticket...sadly, no availability at all apparently (and leaving her home might lead to slightly tense discussions)
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Scheitan
I'd be curious about that as well. Have a flight booked to BKK in December and had planned to take the SO on an award ticket...sadly, no availability at all apparently (and leaving her home might lead to slightly tense discussions)
I think award availability to BKK during December is not going to happen. Some flights cancelled, ARN operation cancelled, ergo all remaining flights are almost fully booked.
ffay005 and mpkz like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:34 am

Well, for normal bookings, there seems to be availability still...I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Scheitan
Well, for normal bookings, there seems to be availability still...I'll keep my fingers crossed.
I hope you'll get lucky, but here are three random dates selected for BKK availability in December. Yes, they do sell tickets at all of those days, but availability is there only at the high(er) booking classes, regardless of class of service.

Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:12 am

Hmm...that's indeed not looking too promising - thank you for the details though
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
I hope you'll get lucky, but here are three random dates selected for BKK availability in December. Yes, they do sell tickets at all of those days, but availability is there only at the high(er) booking classes, regardless of class of service.

Is that screenshot from ExpertFlyer?
Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:51 am

3 separate screenshots from Expertflyer
Clarity_ likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Is that screenshot from ExpertFlyer?
It is.
Clarity_ likes this.

Last edited by Jorma; Sep 21, 2022 at 8:53 am Reason: slow again.. cant delete
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:53 am

3 separate screenshots from Expertflyer
Is it some Premium version? Can't see anything like that in their UI, but I don't really use EF that much so maybe just missed something.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:27 am

Is it some Premium version? Can't see anything like that in their UI, but I don't really use EF that much so maybe just missed something.
I do have the paid subscription, but quickly checking it, the flight availability search (of which I took the screenshots of) should be available in the free option as well. And again, I've included three separate screenshots of the three days, it just looks like as one.
Clarity_ likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Compliment
​​​​​​
Funny let me know if that worked out with WA., Because I'm looking at exactly the same. Flights to ICN on late April or early May.
I checked every date on whole March, April and May and not one availability for Business. Really disappointing so maybe that WA trick will help?
Chatted with CS today, the agent wasn't particularly enthusiastic about helping out, but they said that there's no open award availability atm and the only option is waitlist. They also said that a separate team processes those waitlists around 90 days before departure. Not sure what to do, since I need one business award and one paid economy ticket (upgraded with two vouchers). That means two separate bookings, so one of them can clear and the other not, which is obviously far from ideal. Maybe I'll waitlist my gf for business award and buy a flex ticket and if the upgrades for it do not clear, just cancel it.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:39 am

I do have the paid subscription, but quickly checking it, the flight availability search (of which I took the screenshots of) should be available in the free option as well. And again, I've included three separate screenshots of the three days, it just looks like as one.
Looks like only the seat alert is included in the free option, luckily they have a trial so I can check the availability search out. If it proves to be helpful maybe I'll upgrade, altho their pricing info is not immediately obvious.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:41 am
a_k

Programs: AY+ Plat
LAX-HEL a month from now... No U availability but what chances a waitlist might clear?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.