Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New route to LAX, starting spring 2019, three times a week with A350

New route to LAX, starting spring 2019, three times a week with A350

Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
My wifi kept disconnecting so doing anything onboard was not possible. I have lots of pics but now am just about to board AY2. If the wifi is functioning properly, I will upload as soon as we are airborne.
vulle and Yoshi212 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
So you made it to AY2 ^ Enjoy your return flight!
Yoshi212 and napapiiri like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
So you made it to AY2 ^ Enjoy your return flight!
I made it with plenty of time to spare. Especially since it was delayed due to late arrival of incoming aircraft
ffay005, vulle, Yoshi212 and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by napapiiri

I made it with plenty of time to spare. Especially since it was delayed due to late arrival of incoming aircraft
If the delay would have been substantial enough, EU261 comp on both legs of an immediate turnaround would be interesting
florens, Yoshi212, royng and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Trav1970

If the delay would have been substantial enough, EU261 comp on both legs of an immediate turnaround would be interesting
Ha.
AY closing down LAX route due to unexpected and immediate profitability issue
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:36 am

The lady at the gate was quite dumbstruck when I told her that the incoming plane was not late and I know this for a fact because I was on it. To be fair there was a little bit of extra chaos with this being the inaugural flight and having to manage all the celebrations, photo ops, etc.
on22cz, Steve_Hun and TravelManBiz like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
The lady at the gate was quite dumbstruck when I told her that the incoming plane was not late and I know this for a fact because I was on it.
Only on FT!

It would probably have made sense for AY to simply schedule more ground time just this once for AY2.

Was there a gate party, and did inflight service differ from usual longhaul flights?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:52 am

Lets see how well my complimentary streaming speed will upload these photos...

Not too well apparently. My full summary with photos will have to wait until the morning.

However I will say that AY definitely knows how to throw a party. Big production in HEL that I unfortunately missed most of due to a delay from OUL and smaller but still nice ribbon cutting and cake in LAX. Both flights were enjoyable and the service was extra attentive. I like the new bedding and amenity kits overall and think they are an improvement. I am extremely tired but definitely am satisfied with my decision to experience the inaugural AY1/2 flights.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I will be onboard AY1 and if I can make it, AY2 also. Attempting same plane turnaround. Wish me luck.
Totally OT - I know I am a total party pooper, but do you guys every get green guilt while doing these "unnecessary" trips just for fun or mileage run purposes? Aviation enthusiast myself and occasionally finding it hard to justify myself my time up in the air.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:52 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
It is a good question.
I think there is wasting time guilt and wasting money guilt and maybe green guilt is playing catch-up with those. The green factor is much more difficult to measure. Time and money is easily measured and hits you on a 1:1 scale. The green involves things like loadfactor (was the seat going to be empty unless I took it et.c)

Also, I think there are degrees of "unnecessary". This is an inaugural flight so the hobby element is here but not much else to make it less unnecessary. I did only a few of those, and would probably weigh green factors higher in the future.

But then there are the positioning (useful in the sense it saves money) where I probably won't weigh green factors at all. Rather waste of time is the major factor.

I also do some white-washing which makes trips less unnecessary. ie I add on stuff that one by one is not necessary but together makes the trip motivated. LIke delivering or picking up stuff for myself or family, combine it with the mattress run, meet-up with friends, having me-time, purchasing local item or item cheap in location et.c. et.c
FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Never.
ffay005, Cupart, DALtoAAL and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I’m currently in the AA Flagship Lounge in Terminal 4 before heading over to TBIA and the OneWorld Lounge if anyone is on AY2 today, April 2nd, or even any OneWorld flight from TBIA I can guest one person in.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:48 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Lets see how well my complimentary streaming speed will upload these photos...

Not too well apparently. My full summary with photos will have to wait until the morning.

@napapiiri Any chance we can get that summary with the photos?
ffay005, Vesseli and kanamurva like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
Stumbled upon this review of the flight:

https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/04/17/...les-inaugural/
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Can anyone find information on AY web pages when the LAX check-in desk opens? I've tried my best googling it but in vain. No info on any spam emails either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.