Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Access to QF lounge in SIN (as Emerald in J)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to QF lounge in SIN (as Emerald in J)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by clubeurope
Qantas recently moved its transit hub to SIN from DXB, so SIN is getting some full QF A380s, with a 330 and a 380 for MEL and LHR departing right after AY... so might have some problems there.

With that in mind, the BA lounge is quite excellent
Food is better in QF lounge but I've preferred BA for everything else lately - mainly for proper seating as QF gets real crowded time to time
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by clubeurope
With that in mind, the BA lounge is quite excellent
With my limited experience of SIN I'd say the QF lounge has better food options but otherwise I like the BA lounge better.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:10 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Unsub
Food is better in QF lounge but I've preferred BA for everything else lately - mainly for proper seating as QF gets real crowded time to time
Originally Posted by Hartsa
With my limited experience of SIN I'd say the QF lounge has better food options but otherwise I like the BA lounge better.
QF lounge food is almost universally better than BA (and most times CX for that matter) and sure is a treat if you can evade the crowds. But with an A380 packed with premium passengers it can be hard to get in (esp. with them redirecting elites to the rather sub-par SATS lounge - Dnata is way superior to SATS T1). BA is a very good alternative.

Sad to see that they can’t cope with the crowd, as they laid the lounge out for before the move to SIN. It used to be relatively quiet there before the A380s came back
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by jmj9905
WilcoRoger thank you. We are originating on this flight from SIN and I didn't know if it made sense to start at the QF lounge. Foe a number of reasons , apparently not.
Ex-SIN? Not much reason to use lounges anyway, just leave home late. For me, home door -> past immigration took 55 mins on the MRT or 25 mins with a taxi, very well planable.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:14 pm

WilcoRoger we are traveling from Sin after 2 days of holiday. It is part of a 5 week trip to SE Asia from the Us.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:25 pm

WilcoRoger we are traveling from Sin after 2 days of holiday. It is part of a 5 week trip to SE Asia from the Us.
As you are holidaying in Singapore, apart from a shower, I don't think there is much more to a lounge than a good shower before the flight. I would personally recommend storing your luggage at your hotel, and do some last minute eating at one of Singapore's excellent hawker centres, before later arriving to the airport about a 1.5-2 hours before your flight. Hop into the Dnata lounge for a quick shower, and proceed to the gate for security and board and sleep!

Personally, I would trade qantas lounge food for hawker centre food any day!

*NOTE* this is given the very likeliness that the QF lounge is full. Additionally the BA lounge has got some nice showers as well.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
+1 with clubeurope except that jmj9905 will be leaving from T4, so it's the CX lounge, but otherwise solid plan, except 2 hrs IMO is WAY too much to arrive at Changi - with automated border control and security at the gate only, one can be from curb to lounge in under 10 minutes. Add some more for checkin counter if needed - as OP ponders the lounge situation, he probably has access to priority checkin, too. I'd say the a cab from downtown 2 hrs before the fight.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
+1 with clubeurope except that jmj9905 will be leaving from T4, so it's the CX lounge, but otherwise solid plan, except 2 hrs IMO is WAY too much to arrive at Changi - with automated border control and security at the gate only, one can be from curb to lounge in under 10 minutes. Add some more for checkin counter if needed - as OP ponders the lounge situation, he probably has access to priority checkin, too. I'd say the a cab from downtown 2 hrs before the fight.
Oh dear, I completely didn't realise that jmj9905 is on CX... I was writing all that thinking of the AY flight. Then in that case my reply above only applies to the OP

and yes 2 hours is a bit of a stretch (I tend to be too much on the safe side sometimes ), just arrive at least an hour or 1.5 hours if one were to check luggage.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:16 pm

Thanks all. Our flight leaves at 12:30 p.m. so we have to be at the airport at10:00a.m. So having lunch in sin is not really an option. From what I have read food service on CX regional flights is not all that good. So I was looking for an alternative to eat in the lounge before departure.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:45 pm

Thanks all. Our flight leaves at 12:30 p.m. so we have to be at the airport at10:00a.m. So having lunch in sin is not really an option. From what I have read food service on CX regional flights is not all that good. So I was looking for an alternative to eat in the lounge before departure.
The noodle bar in the cx lounge is rather good for airport food honestly.

and cx food onboard outright, is not very good unfortunately
Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Squeezing in another quick SIN:non-AY question: which lounge has surefire wifi for video calls even in a busy hour? Flying AY so OWE access.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 1:14 pm

clubeurope thanks for the information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.