Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
New Finnair Website Coming?

Hello all,

It seems that Finnair will get a new website:

https://beta.finnair.com/

Cheers
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:11 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Barf.
cistavoda likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Haven't they had this in beta for quite a while now? I remember at some point when their booking site collapsed a few months (?) back, they were redirecting ppl to use the beta site. Did not get any better since. Still looks hideous.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
This looks optimized for mobile only. Not sure why they'd want this format on a desktop version. That said can't they auto-format it depending on device/browser used?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:02 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by petteriusa
This looks optimized for mobile only. Not sure why they'd want this format on a desktop version. That said can't they auto-format it depending on device/browser used?
The leading trend in web-development is to design a mobile site and then "auto-format" it. In fact, that is exactly what this is an example of. When you access this "beta" site from desktop, all the elements are resized to fill your screen estate, leading to huge elements and large white spaces. This is believed to be a good solution. Hence my barf comment.
vulle likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:32 am

Indeed, this has been in the works for a while now. The company building the site held some user evaluations in March-April last year, which I and probably some other FTers took part in. It has evolved a bit since I last used it (at least they've fixed some of the bugs I brought up ). Not looking forward to the day this one replaces the current site.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Can anyone tell me why Finnair tries to hide their flight status page as deep as possible and makes it as bland as possible? Even in this new version I cannot find it. Last Friday I was tracking my families way up north and got super frustrated searching... finnavia was better than finnair...
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Can anyone tell me why Finnair tries to hide their flight status page as deep as possible and makes it as bland as possible? Even in this new version I cannot find it. Last Friday I was tracking my families way up north and got super frustrated searching... finnavia was better than finnair...
www.flightradar24.com
manywhere likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by aama
I know how to find the info on third party apps and websites, but why doesn't the airline want to provide it?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by aama
I'm on AY 632 today... FR24 is of no use. Finnavia board went from next info at 10:45 to normal, Google is telling me 11:35 and finnair says nada.

Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:13 am
Moderator, Finnair

Bot Finnair and Finnavia are notoriously unreliable when it come to communicate things like gate open, boarding, last call, gate closed and departure times.

Even after departure, they are not in agreement on AY632. Finavia says departed 11:46 and Finnair says Departed 11:40.
Even after landing, they are not in agreement: Finnavia says "Landed" 13:07 while Finnair says "estimated 13:01"
Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:01 am

At 11:05 the finnavia board said 'go to gate', so I finished my coffee at the Aspire lounge and packed up. When leaving the lounge at 11:10 it said 'last call'. After a sprint to 18A I was the last to board the bus. The agent just called out 3 names and closed the gate/flight. The bus left for the aircraft at 11:19.

Going back on topic, I believe the airline website should give you the status of your flight with gate information etc....? They have it all in Altea and other airlines also using ALtea manage to send push notifications when the flight is delayed, starts boarding etc....
Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:21 am

I've found TripCase to be much quicker and reliable than Finavia (or Finnair for that matter) to inform of delays in flights. Quite a few times TripCase has informed me of the delay despite Finavia's screens showing no delays or other active statuses at the same time. Finavia's screens are usually more than 10 minutes after Tripcase in informing of such. And that is a good thing for me as I can relax in the lounge more.

I really wonder what interfaces TripCase uses to get that info so quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.