Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Best lounges for AY members worldwide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best lounges for AY members worldwide

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I will have the honor to visit XIY F lounge later this month. Bet it will make the list!
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
LHR - CCR - nothing to write home about, when compared to the other F lounges mentioned.
Originally Posted by BSBtraveller
Great suggestion Sulkkis, I love trying them. I think I have done all the OW First Lounges Except The Concorde Room in London and the MH KUL refurbished one, although it’d have to be leaps and bonds ahead fo the old to compare. The AA ones are so disappointing but for some reason others seem to like the .

IMHO All CX J and F lounges are great in HKG and I also quite like their BKK lounge which is good for an outstation. But then again the OW options in BKK are thin on the ground - have not tried QR there.

My top F lounges are:

QF F LAX SYD MEL
QR Al Safwa DOH
CX Pier and Wing
I think we should keep this thread on topic. This is supposed to be about AY status, not about lounges operated by OW carriers. Neither CCR, nor AS, nor QR BKK are accessible with AY status.
Cupart likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Any CX run lounge does it for me, hands down.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Cupart
Any CX run lounge does it for me, hands down.
Do you really think so about their PEK lounge?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:13 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Singapore - Qantas Lounge
Singapore - British Airways Lounge
Manila - Cathay Pacific Lounge (T3)
New York JFK - AA Flagship Lounge (T8)
LHR - Cathay Pacific Lounge
LHR - Qantas Lounge
EDI - BA Lounge (very good for a European outstation lounge)

Originally Posted by BSBtraveller
Great suggestion Sulkkis, I love trying them. I think I have done all the OW First Lounges Except The Concorde Room in London and the MH KUL refurbished one, although it’d have to be leaps and bonds ahead fo the old to compare. The AA ones are so disappointing but for some reason others seem to like the .

IMHO All CX J and F lounges are great in HKG and I also quite like their BKK lounge which is good for an outstation. But then again the OW options in BKK are thin on the ground - have not tried QR there.

My top F lounges are:

QF F LAX SYD MEL
QR Al Safwa DOH
CX Pier and Wing
Al Safwa isn't accessible by oneworld status, unfortunately
Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:17 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by on22cz
Yeah, CX's BKK lounge is good (as well as LHR lounges), but then it's worth a note that their KUL lounge is really poor.
QR in BKK is also nice, but it's been a bit of a struggle for me to catch their opening hours, so I'd say it's often out of question.

ADDED: I remember reading in CX forum that HKG lounges changed their operator few months ago, after which the quality of e.g. The Pier dining went downhill. Haven't been there myself since then, though.
This can be confirmed, I was in HKG a few months ago, and there was a noticeable difference in food quality and taste after the change to Sodexo . I've been reading on that thread as well, and it appears that in recent weeks, the quality may have improved, though I can't personally comment on that.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by lkrt
I will have the honor to visit XIY F lounge later this month. Bet it will make the list!
If it's the same as 3 years ago, it's very meh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.