Wiki Posts
Search

Helsinki bag drop

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Plat
Helsinki bag drop

We have a longish transfer at HEL next year. We will have to collect our luggage from the incoming flight and recheck it in for the late pm departing AY flight. Assuming we have our boarding passes, what is the earliest (before flight departure) we can drop off our luggage before heading through security, passport control and lounges (I am OWE)? Obviously I want to avoid having to hang around the check in area, waiting for bag drop to open up, if possible!

The AY website info just says baggage drop off is open at least 2hrs before departure. I want to know whether we could drop off luggage say 6 hrs before departure.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 6:04 am

I believe that the self service bag drop at HEL doesn't mind if you drop off the bag 6 hours before. You can even drop off bags the evening before your flight, so is quite flexible:
https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/inform...ck-in/bag-drop
fbrj likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
You can drop your bags any time that day in HEL for AY flights.
manywhere likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Hartsa
You can drop your bags any time that day in HEL for AY flights.
Thanks - just what I needed to know!
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I have a somehow complicate question regarding day before/early bag drop in HEL for AY flights.

On the same day I will fly HEL-BLQ as final leg of a BLQ-HEL-HKG sale trip, and then again BLQ-HEL-HKG, with a direct turnaround in BLQ.
What I would like to know is: before departing from HEL to BLQ, may I check a bag for the HEL-HKG flight even if the trip starts in BLQ?

Thank you!
Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Lefly
I have a somehow complicate question regarding day before/early bag drop in HEL for AY flights.

On the same day I will fly HEL-BLQ as final leg of a BLQ-HEL-HKG sale trip, and then again BLQ-HEL-HKG, with a direct turnaround in BLQ.
What I would like to know is: before departing from HEL to BLQ, may I check a bag for the HEL-HKG flight even if the trip starts in BLQ?

Thank you!
At least in case of a HEL-FRA & FRA-HEL-SFO same day trip, I was able to check in suitcase in HEL before any flight for the HEL-SFO leg, so should be possible.
Lefly likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by Lefly

Thank you!
Were you also thinking of applying Italian no-show regulation and enjoying a day in Helsinki? You should be able to check your bag for the HKG bound flight, but I wonder who tries out AY's approach in that matter.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by on22cz
Were you also thinking of applying Italian no-show regulation and enjoying a day in Helsinki? You should be able to check your bag for the HKG bound flight, but I wonder who tries out AY's approach in that matter.
Not a chance
I do not trust that "regulation", plus I want the TPs from the BLQ legs.
on22cz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.