Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY+ Family & Friends Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:38 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes, but it was very shortlived IIRC. It was removed, there are constant rumours of it returning, but who knows!
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Jainzar
I definitely have some use for it since I "manage" some family member accounts of rarely flyers. If all points are transferred to my account I don't need to worry anymore about expiration and it is also easier to get something useful for them.
So it's a no-brainer to transfer everyone's points to a Plat in the group and the points are safe as long as the Plat member renews status? Is there anything in T&C preventing this?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The only restriction is that points can't be moved into a junior plus account (where miles don't expire till you're 18).
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Unsub
So it's a no-brainer to transfer everyone's points to a Plat in the group and the points are safe as long as the Plat member renews status? Is there anything in T&C preventing this?
These days the points are safe as log as there is any movement on the account within 18 months. But still, points should be consolidated into the highest level member's account, as that provides the best booking (etc) experience.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Silent here.

I noticed that family members points have not been pooling to my account for a year or so even if I am the lobster taking them. I wonder why. Gotta send a Q to Janica.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
I tried setting this up when it launched but the website bugged out and the family was never formed. Still together with the other half though.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by FFlash
I noticed that family members points have not been pooling to my account for a year or so even if I am the lobster taking them. I wonder why. Gotta send a Q to Janica.
Did this ever work this way?

If you read further up in the thread it is about complimentary award point transfers. So you need to do the pooling manually.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Jainzar
If you read further up in the thread it is about complimentary award point transfers. So you need to do the pooling manually.
That's the way it has always worked (as opposed to the BAEC way of pooling)
esledo likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:53 pm

Hmm. I dont remember now if had to do it manually but anyhow I did set up a family and transfer all points. It was a pin to get the set up I remember.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
Hmm. I dont remember now if had to do it manually but anyhow I did set up a family and transfer all points. It was a pin to get the set up I remember.
Somehow it was not working as well, if your homepage language was not set ENG.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:01 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Silent here.

Big thanks for upping this thread! Was not even remembering that this feature existed - just saved ~30k points to my accounts from my parents-in-law accounts that were due to expiry 30/09/2019.
FFlash likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Furry
Big thanks for upping this thread! Was not even remembering that this feature existed - just saved ~30k points to my accounts from my parents-in-law accounts that were due to expiry 30/09/2019.
But did you use them now too or do you mean that transfer of points will prolong their expiry another 18 months?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
But did you use them now too or do you mean that transfer of points will prolong their expiry another 18 months?
They are now in my Plat account so I assume they never expiry?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:18 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
OP is platinum, ie moving points from family will protect them based on plat non-expiry rather than reset any expiry-dates.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by Furry
They are now in my Plat account so I assume they never expiry?
Keep your Plat and all is good - once you loosing that the points expire super fast only a few weeks/month are given as a grace period for "old" miles. I once was in that situation and had to spend more then 1 million points in that limited time (which even made it harder to renew the Plat).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.