Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
TBH I wouldn't take the beamer if the missus wouldn't be allowed to ride with me.

If it were a work trip, it'd be a different story, though...
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:07 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
If they allow for free guesting in the Beamer I wonder what will happen on a gate-to-tarmac transfer, as HEL automatic boarding gates does not allow for family/friends to board with group 1?
Or are Lumos handled by staff manually at gate and can maybe bring any numbers of guest when they board?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by intuition
If they allow for free guesting in the Beamer I wonder what will happen on a gate-to-tarmac transfer, as HEL automatic boarding gates does not allow for family/friends to board with group 1?
Or are Lumos handled by staff manually at gate and can maybe bring any numbers of guest when they board?
Once again, priority passengers can usually be boarded by personnel, when necessary.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK

very soon these Beamee boardings will see a true Family of Friends hoars of AY DO cattle guested by a friendly Lumotic dupertier traveller
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Now it was faster, under 2 weeks, coming from Turku. (sidenote - AY must have pre-ordered their stock, the original waybill still attached to the package shows it was delivered TO Turku in January)
My Tumi is home now.

And It was delivered from HKG to FRA by LHCargo.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
As this service is most useful for HEL arrivals, I agree it seems odd not to do it in the evening. For a HEL based person, it must be very valuable to get to and through the terminal quickly upon a late evening arrival.
But wasn't this a try-out anyway? So they might change schedules later.
Yes, this is what I commented on too, both to her and my Norra purser (since she asked how the Lumo transfers are working out) - it's exactly those late evening arrivals when the only thing you really want to do is to get home ASAP.

Oh and the BMW had Ipads mounted on both seatbacks, apparently there's going to be some kind of feedback app there later.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by on22cz
Any insights on eligibility of a guest to join the ride? I assume they wouldn't dispatch more than 1 BMW unless there's over 3 (?) Lumos on a flight. But if the guest would be the 3rd person, would you consider it appropriate to let them join?
Can confirm quests are welcome

-sulkkis
ffay005, on22cz and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 2:36 am

I had a fleeting black moment and realized I should go DXB on 359 opening in November. DXB pricing is crazy so had to book award X.

After ticketing I contacted CS and asked upgrade by EuropeVouchers. Couldnt confirm immediately but after 30 minutes both DXB legs were upgraded.

Nice deal anyway: 19000 + 19000 points, about 40€, HEL-DXB-HEL-LHR, all 359, 3 Euro-vouchers burned. Waiting still one upgrade HEL-LHR but I cant see any problem here.
on22cz and jmmi like this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
That's the upside of AY counting DXB as shorthaul... But why 19k+19k points? Shouldn't it be 30k return?

How long will you stay in DXB?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
That's the upside of AY counting DXB as shorthaul... But why 19k+19k points? Shouldn't it be 30k return?

He doesn't fly back to HEL...
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by ffay005

Same plane turnaround not possibile with 30000 points.

In DXB 1hr 45 minutes. Any good sightseentours?
SPBanker likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:14 am

Double
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Nice deal anyway: 19000 + 19000 points, about 40€, HEL-DXB-HEL-LHR, all 359, 3 Euro-vouchers burned. Waiting still one upgrade HEL-LHR but I cant see any problem here.
Err what?

You upgraded an award flight with vouchers? Is that some kind of standard option, a well known undocumented one for status members or you just decided to push the limits of your Lumohood already in its first weeks?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Err what?

You upgraded an award flight with vouchers? Is that some kind of standard option, a well known undocumented one for status members or you just decided to push the limits of your Lumohood already in its first weeks?
A standard option: good CS agents even ask whether you want to pay 50 000 points or 30 000 points + 2 vouchers.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Err what?

You upgraded an award flight with vouchers? Is that some kind of standard option?
Standard option. Very good in some situations, like when there is no award availability only upgrade availability. They can do the eco award + voucher upgrade in one go.

There is a caveat though. One voucher = one segment. So if you have e.g a longhaul->HEL->Europe upgrade, upgrading the longhaul segment with vouchers will leave the shorthaul in Y, which you'll need to upgrde separately. Same for revenue tix + voucher upgrade, while revenu ticket + points upgrade will also upgrade the shorthaul segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.