New Lumo in da house!

Old Mar 21, 2022, 10:06 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by kanamurva
Congrats! I've been thinking about it. Sitting with 40/150 segments and 152/450k points now, 9months to go. Lumo would need either some good 2* promo with actual possibility to fly or serious pain in the butt leg gringing. Right now i don't see the value there (no PW, nothing special to eat onboard, no bmw, no champagne in shengen lounge) but it could change when things open up. And this could be the one chance since I find the grind from the start too demanding.
I was at a similar situation when I decided to go for it with the double pts promo, though now nothing but regret on spending the cash as all the devaluations are making me think its a lost cause with ay+...

I doubt they will stop here and if they cut the benefits there is VERY little reason to stick with ay+ atleast for ME, I know many are die hard loyalists with ay who will stick with ay+ no matter what and thats totally fine, but I go where my money works hardest, not where I have to do all the work for nothing 😆😁😁😁
zxcv1 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:14 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
I'll chime in a bit regarding my thoughts. I also decided to go for Lumo at the X2 JAN22 campaign because I'm missing just 150k Finnair-metal TP, and made three long-haul bookings in economy flex that would have given around 175k Finnair-metal TP. However, I am now having to cancel two of my planned long-haul returns and so it looks too expensive without the X2 promo. Add to that the devaluations and it just doesn't make sense for me without another X2 promo. If AY hadn't enhanced everything I might still go for it, but it's a no-brainer now to keep the cash in the present levels of service. The only actual benefit is the +12 months of Plat/OWE as a soft landing, but is that even guaranteed and will they just enhance it away? But unless something changes or a client would pay for such flights, which I doubt, I'll just end up c. 100k AY TP short of Lumo with c. 100 segments. 100k AY TP would be four long-haul returns in economy or perhaps three in business... so around 4000 eur without promos. Too much given the enhanced non-service.
r2d2 and kauppias like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:25 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by zxcv1
I'll chime in a bit regarding my thoughts. I also decided to go for Lumo at the X2 JAN22 campaign because I'm missing just 150k Finnair-metal TP, and made three long-haul bookings in economy flex that would have given around 175k Finnair-metal TP. However, I am now having to cancel two of my planned long-haul returns and so it looks too expensive without the X2 promo. Add to that the devaluations and it just doesn't make sense for me without another X2 promo. If AY hadn't enhanced everything I might still go for it, but it's a no-brainer now to keep the cash in the present levels of service. The only actual benefit is the +12 months of Plat/OWE as a soft landing, but is that even guaranteed and will they just enhance it away? But unless something changes or a client would pay for such flights, which I doubt, I'll just end up c. 100k AY TP short of Lumo with c. 100 segments. 100k AY TP would be four long-haul returns in economy or perhaps three in business... so around 4000 eur without promos. Too much given the enhanced non-service.
Wouldn't go the extra mile for lumohood at the moment, too. There is some extra recognition on board and in customers service, but the customer service is just at a level that should be available to all customers imho. It's just responsive as it should be. That's absolutely all of the difference between Platinum and Lumo! Certainly not worth 4,000 EUROS or going any extra mile.
esledo and zxcv1 like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Is it 100k AY TP or "general" TP zxcv1 is missing? If the latter, it might be worth to convert redeemable points to TPs
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Is it 100k AY TP or "general" TP zxcv1 is missing? If the latter, it might be worth to convert redeemable points to TPs
I would even consider that too much at the moment. There is no difference between Platinum and Lumo. Lumo is a useless tier! Unless of course you have 4 imaginary Erikas that you want to invite to the Pl..., sorry Business Lounge.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by FlyeBye
I would even consider that too much at the moment. There is no difference between Platinum and Lumo. Lumo is a useless tier! Unless of course you have 4 imaginary Erikas that you want to invite to the Pl..., sorry Business Lounge.
Soft landing to Plat, 4 (?) Gold cards, u/g vouchers MAY make it worthwhile.

(Killing the BMW ride was a big turnoff for me)
zxcv1 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:03 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
At the end of this ultra-long tracking period I will be 100k AY TP short, i.e. TP that you can only get by having your butt in seat on AY metal.

Put another way, currently I'd need to cough up 4000 eur. That's 166 eur/month for two years for the upgrades, lounge access, etc. Hmmm, don't give me any ideas haha.
kauppias likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:05 am

I think it's just 2 gold cards, but yeah together with the upgrades, that would be some perks that I didn't have in mind. Converting hundreds of thousands of points to get some upgrade vouchers still not really worth it, though. Just use the points for the upgrades and save the 4,000 towards reaching Platinum in 2024.
Remember you walking straight to the BMW on the day that brought me over the Lumo line. Good old days...
WilcoRoger and zxcv1 like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:05 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat

seems they have killed the 4 gold cards and extra set of vouchers
... so 2 gold cards "only"
zxcv1 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK

Nobody knows if they might softland or kill it too.

Lists of no longer is quite long, only perks remaining is more vouchers (availability worsened) and 4 guests in AY lounge. Everything else is watered or removed.
kauppias likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:07 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash
Lists of no longer is quite long, only perks remaining is more vouchers (availability worsened) and 4 guests in AY lounge. Everything else is watered or removed.
Do not forget the reserved for Lumo seats in front of the toilet!
r2d2, on22cz, Steve_Hun and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by lkrt
Do not forget the reserved for Lumo seats in front of the toilet!
They are correctly placed.
They should only move the drink these only here sign accordingly and a shampoofridge there
Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:18 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Softlanding was never an official perk. In fact, they present this very clearly in the "Maintain your current tier" section of each tier description.
In case you dont have enough points to remain a [Platinum Lumo] member, your remaining point balance will determine your new tier. Your tier point balance will then be reset to zero and a new tracking period will begin.
The text has been the same/similar over the years, making one wonder if this actually was an unofficial perk or if it was just a flaw in the system. Regardless, they devoted time and effort to address the climbing-the-ladder effect, so I would not count on any unoffical perk to remain over time.

Maybe I'm a debbie-downer but there hasn't been any positive signals from AY+ management, so all one can judge from is the actions taken.
Tseta likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Softlanding was never an official perk. In fact, they present this very clearly in the "Maintain your current tier" section of each tier description.

The text has been the same/similar over the years, making one wonder if this actually was an unofficial perk or if it was just a flaw in the system. Regardless, they devoted time and effort to address the climbing-the-ladder effect, so I would not count on any unoffical perk to remain over time.

Maybe I'm a debbie-downer but there hasn't been any positive signals from AY+ management, so all one can judge from is the actions taken.

Time will tell bit I fear you are right, they will lose at this game that is 100% sure as they are taking the very FEW positive sides of ay Plus and leaving a very unattractive program IMO,

I could very well go from Lumo to gold 😁😁😁

Lucky for me I hop on and off these FFPs at ease but its a pity they are taking all these negative steps now instead of seeing the potential in a profitable moneymaker that ay Plus could be for the company in a time when its likely they will need new sources of income
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by FlyeBye
There is some extra recognition on board and in customers service, but the customer service is just at a level that should be available to all customers imho.
I have no experience on what kind of status recognition Lumos receive, but if it is anything like Plat recognition on short hauls, I couldn't agree more with you. Why can't the FA's say "Welcome onboard" to every customer when serving (selling) drinks... Are they so valuable words that they can be said to Plats/Lumos only?
esledo, cistavoda, FFlash and 1 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.