Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Not very recently but I have used lounge at BRU with AY BP for the flight that was after 26 hours. Not a single question asked. You can try and worst answer you may get is NO
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Fake news - last February they started with 93, their membership year reset then, so they are still Lumo this month. Anyone who qualified after the initial batch are also Lumo, so the number is in the low 3-digits, I'd wager.
Not correct. As part of the initial batch, my membership year now ends at the end of January. I would presume some of us initial 93 would not have re-qualified.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Well, I stand corrected (was the launch event in January 2018? I remembered February)
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by lento
Not very recently but I have used lounge at BRU with AY BP for the flight that was after 26 hours. Not a single question asked. You can try and worst answer you may get is NO
Well Belgium isn't exactly a shining example of a well-managed anything.
LoungeEnthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:50 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Well Belgium isn't exactly a shining example of a well-managed anything.
Except for the BRU lounge - refer to 3rd party lounges thread. One of the best in Europe.
lento and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by on22cz

Shower Only is the arrival policy. However, even that has been questioned based on mixed experience here.
I believe there is a 6am clause in OW rules for lounge access the day before onward flight - if that may help you.
Not this time. Lounge Dragon let me and my 2 58Ö guests in which was much appreciated. Onward flight was at 8am.
on22cz likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by TTL
Except for the BRU lounge - refer to 3rd party lounges thread. One of the best in Europe.
Yes, I agree with you there - the lounge is great per se, but well ... it's still in Belgium, a failed state.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:19 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
How many people have Lumotics successfully had accompanying them on the BMW ride? It looks like a possibility I'll get my one on a flight with the family (4 people total). I'm wondering if they are willing to take all 4 on the BMW, provided there are no other Lumotics?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
How many people have Lumotics successfully had accompanying them on the BMW ride? It looks like a possibility I'll get my one on a flight with the family (4 people total). I'm wondering if they are willing to take all 4 on the BMW, provided there are no other Lumotics?
Considering the middle seat panel/armrests in the car, I'm not sure where would the 4th person sit. Maybe politely asking the driver to take a bus to the terminal?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
kindly ask the driver to step away and drive your family yourself

not sure what kind of BMW they use, but i assume 5 series or above, the trunk is easily enough to hide few
I have done it with my friends, he needs a ride and my car was full. so i offered trunk and the car was much smaller than 5 series.
FFlash likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:30 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by Clydez
kindly ask the driver to step away and drive your family yourself

not sure what kind of BMW they use, but i assume 5 series or above, the trunk is easily enough to hide few
I have done it with my friends, he needs a ride and my car was full. so i offered trunk and the car was much smaller than 5 series.
It is seven series. Paperbags with holes for the eyes for those having to take the ride !
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by TTL
It is seven series. Paperbags with holes for the eyes for those having to take the ride !
Wow nicely done! 7 series for couple mins ride.they surely want to match the quality with lumo status.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Easy fix. You seat your family in the nice warm BMW and walk off to the Bus yourself like a superhero.
on22cz and EuroFlash like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:25 am
TTL

Originally Posted by FlyeBye
Easy fix. You seat your family in the nice warm BMW and walk off to the Bus yourself like a superhero.
S-Merc guy myself for years already. Audi would give pimples. Anyway, just jealous blabbering
cistavoda and FFlash like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by TTL
S-Merc guy myself for years already. Audi would give pimples. Anyway, just jealous blabbering
Nah, if we continue this discussion, this becomes now a neighbours balls topic. Let me chime in a hippie-alternative true Finnish production, Saab 96 it is! THAT would be cool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.