New Lumo in da house!

Old Jan 29, 19, 9:11 am

Programs: AY Plus, Norwegian Reward
Originally Posted by Courmisch View Post
When flying to HEL, I often get asked where I am continuing to, or what I am transfering onto - because obviously I could not possibly be headed to HEL.

So I answer: Espoo or Kehärata respectively.
I have same. I answer my connect is (bus) 615.
FFlash and napapiiri like this.
Old Jan 30, 19, 9:40 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by haapalainen View Post
That is a great idea! Imagine something like a little flag on each AY+ member's icon on the POS device so cabin crew can easily see each member's preferred language without any additional clicks or checks. I can't see how that would be impossible to implement but it would surely make for an added touch in service.
That immediately creates a problem. I prefer english when dealing with automated systems and through the site but chat with the crew in finnish... So they'd need two different language preferences for people like me.
florens likes this.
Old Jan 30, 19, 2:42 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN*, SPG Plat (RIP)
Got my Tumi in the mail today finally. And now, it seems like I'm failing an IQ test. It has a number combination lock. I can't see any sign in the package of any hint of what the combination would be. The combination it came with, 000, and 123, don't work. Do I really have to try up to 997 remaining combinations to get it open or am I missing something?

EDIT: after reading online that it should be 000, I tried again and this time finally got it open. Apparently I was just too careless about lining up the numbers. I feel stupid now.

Last edited by BlueNordicSky; Jan 30, 19 at 3:27 pm Reason: Got over stupidity
Old Feb 4, 19, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Some person View Post
Except that they didn't do that. The moment BA delegates the rebooking to someone else, BA will have to accept that this person maybe chooses to rebook on a different flight than the one BA would have chosen.
Well well well. You don’t want to hear how it turned out, huh?

Following my pretty unlucky and snowfull trip to US last week, I asked my PA to drop BA a line to claim my limo expenses from JFK to NJ and kindly remind them on EC261. Today I got a word back. Firstly, ground transport not covered as I “accepted” the flight to JFK. Also, no EC261 as they had very important “operational reasons” for the cancellation. Whoops.

I fully appreaciate their lackluster service and hence duly cancelled 3 HEL-LHR-ORD/SFO flights in J. AY got one of the flights and *A the remaining two.

Tomorrow back on AY5 for two days in Manhattan.

Old Feb 5, 19, 10:06 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott PP Ambassador & others
Deleted.

Last edited by Trav1970; Feb 5, 19 at 10:08 am Reason: Deleted.
Old Feb 7, 19, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by EuroFlash View Post
Maybe a bit off-topic but how many Plats does AY actually have?
On my way to Cuba I heard a whisper saying 7000 Plats and 150 Lumos.

And OUL is heavy Plat route where Plats fighting about who is getting smoothies left for free.
ffay005 and SPBanker like this.
Old Feb 7, 19, 2:44 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold, TK *A Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG View Post
And OUL is heavy Plat route where Plats fighting about who is getting smoothies left for free.
Same with ARN. I was waiting next to the gate and when they announced that Group 1 can board approximately 2/3 of the plane rushed to the gate and there was quite a long queue of business travellers.

In other news I heard that there’s less than 80 Lumo’s but that sounds quite a low number to me..
Old Feb 8, 19, 12:18 pm

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Akkku View Post
In other news I heard that there’s less than 80 Lumo’s but that sounds quite a low number to me..
Fake news - last February they started with 93, their membership year reset then, so they are still Lumo this month. Anyone who qualified after the initial batch are also Lumo, so the number is in the low 3-digits, I'd wager.
Old Feb 8, 19, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AY+ Platinum, A3*G, 1865 Voyager, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post
Fake news - last February they started with 93, their membership year reset then, so they are still Lumo this month. Anyone who qualified after the initial batch are also Lumo, so the number is in the low 3-digits, I'd wager.
Maybe there is one who lost lumo since then? I disticntly remember someone saying he'd rather not have his lumo-hood, so maybe he called in and asked for a tier downgrade
Old Feb 9, 19, 2:09 am

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Touché, good Sir!

But that one will lose Lumo the natural way, come 1/March
Old Feb 10, 19, 1:25 am

Programs: AY Lumo, LH SEN
I will have an overnight layover tomorrow in HEL. Under normal circumstances I'm sure, they wouldn't let you into any lounge with a boarding pass of a flight in the next morning. Anyone of you Lumotics try this before? Will they let me (and 2 guests) in? What do you think?
Old Feb 10, 19, 1:36 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), Accor Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
I believe there is no arrival access for Lumos either.
Old Feb 10, 19, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by FlyeBye View Post
Under normal circumstances
Something paranormal going on tomorrow at HEL?
Old Feb 10, 19, 4:06 am

Programs: AY Lumo, A3 Gold, TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by FlyeBye View Post
I will have an overnight layover tomorrow in HEL. Under normal circumstances I'm sure, they wouldn't let you into any lounge with a boarding pass of a flight in the next morning. Anyone of you Lumotics try this before? Will they let me (and 2 guests) in? What do you think?
Originally Posted by lkrt View Post
I believe there is no arrival access for Lumos either.
Shower Only is the arrival policy. However, even that has been questioned based on mixed experience here.
I believe there is a 6am clause in OW rules for lounge access the day before onward flight - if that may help you.
Old Feb 10, 19, 5:17 am

Programs: AY Lumo, LH SEN
Originally Posted by on22cz View Post

Shower Only is the arrival policy. However, even that has been questioned based on mixed experience here.
I believe there is a 6am clause in OW rules for lounge access the day before onward flight - if that may help you.
Yes, that helps, thanks. Thought I had read something about access on arrival for Lumos, but that might as well have been wishful thinking.

Search this Thread