Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:23 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OHKRT
[... Must say today’s experience reminded me about some at least minor challenges related to preferring AY at full.
Just wow. Terrible.

I guess we all knew but their promises about the joint business is really just a load of cr..

Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:38 pm

It’s actually an interesting question if they have any liability left given it was my assistant / travel agency taking care of the re-routing.
Why wouldn't they? They were required to reroute you, but told you to use your travel agency to arrange the rerouting for you, and you just followed their instructions.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Some person
Why wouldn't they? They were required to reroute you, but told you to use your travel agency to arrange the rerouting for you, and you just followed their instructions.
I can see them telling me how they would have put me into the earliest flight to JFK, taking me to NY in no time and then arranging one of their fastest drivers to take me to New Jersey in no time. Now seriously, not interested in claiming anything on delays but rather furious what comes to the lackluster customer service ;-) And just to be clear, Finnair indeed was right and their service kind of impeccable as it is BA that didn’t perform here. It’s just pity codeshare is not as solid piece of offering as the official story goes.

Anyone joining me for AY5 tomorrow. I’m the one sipping G&T and silently fuming *grin*
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:24 am

I can see them telling me how they would have put me into the earliest flight to JFK, taking me to NY in no time and then arranging one of their fastest drivers to take me to New Jersey in no time.
Except that they didn't do that. The moment BA delegates the rebooking to someone else, BA will have to accept that this person maybe chooses to rebook on a different flight than the one BA would have chosen.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Outs, 9 plats on same DUS flight. Platnum is nowadays real jokamiehenkortti
And that's just rows 1-16. I didn't see the chart for 17->
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Had a couple of very nice flights HEL-PEK-HEL in J this weekend. On the way out I was initially in a rather bad mood (crappy ground handling at TLL where my ticket began, the annoying lounge situation and surprise surprise, no BMW and a remote stand for the A330) but the purser was a super nice bloke that got me in the right mood from the word go. He and a female colleague were very, very nice making sure I got everything I needed or wanted. Hell they both even asked my opinion on the the new Maku Brewing beer that I sampled too.

Coming back we had this funny chat with the main FA serving me "Haven't I flown with you before?" - "Yes." - "Help me, when or where?" - "No idea really, just remember you" which kinda set the standards for the rest of the flight = super nice and she insisted I taste their new wines. In the end had a chat with the purser and shocked her by telling her about my flight patterns - heck she even brought OH-LGG into the conversation and I had to snitch that yes, he's a Lumo too these days. Ahhh, camaraderie.

Heck, even my Norra HEL-TLL flight was nice with a BMW ride by a new driver ("Oh I usually do the supervising duties but every now and then have to cover here") and a cool crew.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: AY LUMO
This is great! AY ladies asking where is LGG
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Coming back we had this funny chat with the main FA serving me "Haven't I flown with you before?" - "Yes." - "Help me, when or where?" - "No idea really, just remember you" which kinda set the standards for the rest of the flight = super nice and she insisted I taste their new wines.
Oh this - I am getting suspicious it has become a part of their training and in-flight habits. I've been asked similarly twice (or rather told we had met before) and even though I have quite a good memory on faces, I couldn't really recall seeing either of those. It sure is a nice way to make a brief small talk, but I suggest having eyes open for cheap tricks )
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
I was goimg to DXB and cabin crew member looked at me and said we have met before. I said yes it's possible but I dont remember which flight and where.

He had an answer: "You were on our special flight to SFO and You had seat 42L" ^

That is what I call a good face memory.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
That is what I call a good face memory.
Or he just looked it from your FF profile.

The AY frontline staff can see much more things from your profile than you can see yourself. However AY management doesn't want to use the information actively because they fear that some customers would see it as a breach of their privacy. If the frontline staff wants to use the information AY has collected about you, they could e.g. proactively offer the drink that you've had most often etc. People from AY have said that they could also silently compensate for your earlier mishaps (op-up if you've suffered a lot from a irrops lately etc.).
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by r2d2
People from AY have said that they could also silently compensate for your earlier mishaps (op-up if you've suffered a lot from a irrops lately etc.).
Sounds a whole lot like the AA Eagle rating system.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK

The AY frontline staff can see much more things from your profile than you can see yourself. However AY management doesn't want to use the information actively because they fear that some customers would see it as a breach of their privacy. If the frontline staff wants to use the information AY has collected about you, they could e.g. proactively offer the drink that you've had most often etc. People from AY have said that they could also silently compensate for your earlier mishaps (op-up if you've suffered a lot from a irrops lately etc.).
Really?

I hope they did then. The right way such as opups you suggested. Not the sweettalking stuff
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:56 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black

The AY frontline staff can see much more things from your profile than you can see yourself.
If so, then I really do wonder what they have on me, as they
a) never chat with me or even recognize me as a tier member or repeat customer in anyway
b) go above and beyond to seat someone in the "blocked seat" next to me
c) either think I speak Finnish or that I am death-mute so no need for speaking
d) have no clue to what paper I'd like to read

So I guess when they click my seat-icon they see "Grumpy deaf-mute who buys revenue J tickets anyway so we don't even have to try?"

But seriously, I wonder if they really collect anything special. I do know that CS and others has a display of some key facts from your membership, like how many years you have had your status. And probalby some transactional summaries like "last flight" et.c.

But other personal data? I do wonder. In fact, I promoted an idea a few years ago that they should use "preferred language of communication". It could be very useful both in CS and onboard. And everyone said "oh no, then can't/won't do that".

For instance, they could have HBL ready for me as that is the only paper I ever read onboard. But it usually is a fight to get it. First they offer a Finnish gossip-rag, then I ask for HBL, (sometimes need to phrase it in my very poor Finnish ), then they say "we don't have it". Then they go and look for it and find 20 copies untouched in an overhead.

If they really store useful stuff on people's profiles, this would be the first thing to fix. It would be enormously more useful than "I think I saw your face on another flight".
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:01 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN

The AY frontline staff can see much more things from your profile than you can see yourself. .
Not sure about that. I have been only recognized by fa's that I recognized as well, no special tricks or knowledge from anyone, yet. I am always approached in Finnish first, that alone is proof for me, that they don't even see the most basic info about me.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:10 am
Moderator, Finnair

Exactly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.