Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cistavoda
I'm thinking of last weekend in April or the two after that.
That's after my tracking period has rolled over, so all good from that angle. As for XIY or ICN, I've been to both, no preference. Although ICN will be simpler from the visa point of view, you can just book a roundtrip. With XIY, unless you have a visa, you need to do some open jaw trickery through HKG or similar.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by napapiiri

Last weekend in April I already have travel plans. But if it is after that, count me in.
+1 early May would be fine. OTOH don't know how sameplane turn would be organized. And I would prefer to book cheap Y and upgrade since I am for segments now.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by FFlash
+1 early May would be fine. OTOH don't know how sameplane turn would be organized. And I would prefer to book cheap Y and upgrade since I am for segments now.
I was thinking mass tourism for first time Korea visit. Maybe Thursday-Sunday? Prices seem normal at around 1650€ for exBUD 09MAY-12MAY.
Now everyone start looking for stupid tickets!
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:31 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Can anyone bring their korean speaking friend, kamsahamnida? The off beat Korea isn't exactly accessible in english. Or is this going to be a true fannypack tour group? (allergic spots already starting to show...
FFlash and napapiiri like this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: AY LUMO
My ARN-HEL last Sat was delayed apprx 1 hour. Today I received a mail from AY if I want comment or I do have some feedback in my mind.

Even created file number for me and my delay if I have something to say

Olemme asiakaspalauteosastolla saaneet tiedon lauantain 5.1.2019 Tukholma-Helsinki – lentosi viiveestä. Sinulle on luotu palautetapaus 1-xxxxxxxxx ja olen palautteesi käsittelijä.

Toivon, että harmillisesta viivästyksestä huolimatta paluumatkasi Helsinkiin sujui kuitenkin hyvin. Voit kirjautua palautetapaukseesi internetpalvelussamme, mikäli haluat antaa palautetta tähän viiveeseen ja paluumatkaasi liittyen:

https://www.finnair.com..........

Toivotan sinulle hyvää alkanutta vuotta 2019 ja kaikin puolin sujuvia ja onnistuneita lentomatkoja kanssamme.
lkrt and FFlash like this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
Finnair CS thought it different way, so let's see what happens by the end of tracking period with miles exchange.
Who have anything spare on their accounts, PM
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
My ARN-HEL last Sat was delayed apprx 1 hour. Today I received a mail from AY if I want comment or I do have some feedback in my mind.

Even created file number for me and my delay if I have something to say
While this is definitely well-intentioned, it’s sort of left halfway through. Heck, AY only has some 100 Lumos. What they could and should do, would be something like

Dear Mr OH-LGG,

I’m writing to you because I noticed that on yesterday’s AY000 ARN-HEL, there was a delay of 66 minutes. I’m sorry we couldn’t be as punctual as we usually are. The delay occured because the captain forgot his favourite pen at home and had to drive home to get it (or whatever, but give a truthful reason and not ”late incoming aircraft” or other BS).

I would appreciate it if you accepted one of the following as a token of appreciation:
- 10 000 AY+ points
- one Euro voucher
- €20 voucher to be used for inflight sales
- two Finnkino movie tickets

Please let me know which of the above alternatives would suit you best.

While there isn’t much we can do when a delay occurs, I would also like to hear how we succeeded in informing you about the delay. Did we communicate early enough, did we give you accurate information and if you had questions at ARN, did we provide you with adequate answers?

Best regards from Vantaa,

Heli, your personal Finnair Ambassador

Say you’re sorry, tell pax why the delay occur (they might understand nothing about the explanation, involving a bunch of technical terms etc, but that’s not the point. Give them info, they’ll appreciate it), give them something and ask them something meaningful. Added the movie tickets there just for fun, because I’d assume the average Lumo, if such a person exists, has more than enough points and vouchers already…
on22cz, Akkku and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
While this is definitely well-intentioned, it’s sort of left halfway through. Heck, AY only has some 100 Lumos. What they could and should do, would be something like

Dear Mr OH-LGG,
You're joking, but actually one Lumo I know *had* this kind of an email where compensation was proactively offered (IIRC it was either a 50€ voucher or like 5000 points) when his OUL-HEL was delayed by an hour or so a few weeks ago.

I'm all for proactive compensation when you get delayed enough to annoy you but not enough to claim EU compensation. Now having said that, last week 4 out of 5 of my Norra flights were delayed, the worst almost 1,5h but I'm yet to see any emails (not that I'm expecting any either). Maybe because those were all due to the nasty weather last week.

'OPR
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
Heck, AY only has some 100 Lumos.
Take it with a pinch of salt, but about a month ago I was talking about this with the purser. According to her, when Lumo was launched, there were around 80 Lumos. And currently the number hovers around 180. Of course, I'm guessing that in February (March?) we'll see a big drop as the tracking period of the first Lumos ends.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:21 am

I have heard Lumos are:

and none of these persons work in AY Plus so it can be anything. This information is not public so I dont know where are these estimates coming from?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:44 am

I have heard Lumos are:

and none of these persons work in AY Plus so it can be anything. This information is not public so I dont know where are these estimates coming from?
In my case the purser said she had "seen it" on a paper or screen. She seemed pretty sure of it since when I asked she replied "oh funny you should ask, because I just saw that a few days ago".
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
Take it with a pinch of salt, but about a month ago I was talking about this with the purser. According to her, when Lumo was launched, there were around 80 Lumos. And currently the number hovers around 180. Of course, I'm guessing that in February (March?) we'll see a big drop as the tracking period of the first Lumos ends.
Was given the 180 number by a purser as well.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Is there any number of Lumos currently active here on FT?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:59 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I have heard Lumos are:

True it is not official, but wasn't several people here told on launch party the number of Lumos in initial batch (a number close to what was posted by OP)?

And an increase by ≈100 new lumos during the year does not seem implausible at all.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:05 am

If someone calls Head of AY Plus and asks how many Lumos around, will She/He tell it?

I dont believe real number of Lumos is leaked out of AY Plus and top management. All "seen papers" and given digits are something like right Lottery numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.