Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, OW emerald
There's some decent business offers on Finnair pages. I wonder if it would be reasonable to get Lumo with some business flights.

would need some 6 returns in business to get 240k tier points. Then one could change 600k award points to get 200k tier points (loosing 12 one way long haul biz upgrades). That would make it 440k. Few random flights should fill that 10k gap 😅.

I assume when status changes from plat to Lumo you get 4LH + 8SH upgrades even if you used your plat vouchers already. Is this true? Then beginning of new Lumo tracking period the 4LH+8SH would be renewed again (instead of the 2LH+4SH which I would get as plat). So if I am correct I could get 4LH+8SH and 2LH+4SH extra vouchers if I managed to get to Lumo. If this is true, loosing 12LH upgrades by points wouldn't hurt so much if in return got vouchers worth 9LH upgrades.

6 RT biz flights would cost of cource around 8000€ to the places I am interested in travelling. 😆 Yea sounds crazy already haha
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
If you exchnage 600K to 200K, you are not losing 12LH upgrades, as you could still use 4 after that.
And don't forget those Gold Cards, with 1LH voucher each.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Rifter
There's some decent business offers on Finnair pages. I wonder if it would be reasonable to get Lumo with some business flights.

would need some 6 returns in business to get 240k tier points. Then one could change 600k award points to get 200k tier points (loosing 12 one way long haul biz upgrades). That would make it 440k. Few random flights should fill that 10k gap 😅.

I assume when status changes from plat to Lumo you get 4LH + 8SH upgrades even if you used your plat vouchers already. Is this true? Then beginning of new Lumo tracking period the 4LH+8SH would be renewed again (instead of the 2LH+4SH which I would get as plat). So if I am correct I could get 4LH+8SH and 2LH+4SH extra vouchers if I managed to get to Lumo. If this is true, loosing 12LH upgrades by points wouldn't hurt so much if in return got vouchers worth 9LH upgrades.

6 RT biz flights would cost of cource around 8000€ to the places I am interested in travelling. 😆 Yea sounds crazy already haha
It would be good to get some confirmation if that actually works. There is the caveat of "minimum of 350k on Finnair flights". So is the minimum required just 225k, it being half for other tiers, or does the 350k on Finnair flights rule override that one? In other words can miles exchanges count towards Finnair flights miles? Do we have any reliable information from official sources?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
It would be good to get some confirmation if that actually works. There is the caveat of "minimum of 350k on Finnair flights". So is the minimum required just 225k, it being half for other tiers, or does the 350k on Finnair flights rule override that one? In other words can miles exchanges count towards Finnair flights miles? Do we have any reliable information from official sources?
No, the points exchanged do not count towards the 350k. Those have to actually be flown on AY Code (not necessarily metal).
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
I haven't decided on the destination yet but I still need to book 49247 tier points to get to that 350k. Any ideas? I haven't been to ICN or XIY. Anyone up for a mini-DO?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I might be. I'm a XIY veteran though, but never been to ICN!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
ICN for me new as well. Interested.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
What timeframe are we looking at? I'm on a self-imposed detox in January, so it would be weird to only have soft drinks in a meetup
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I was the first one to do this a day after Lumo was launched. One needs 350k actual BiS on AY-code, the missing 100k can be converted from 300k redeemable points. One gets full Lumo "allowance" of vouchers* + the 400k threshold gift.

*(with the usual caveat of not doing it in the last 10 days or so of the qualification period)
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
What timeframe are we looking at? I'm on a self-imposed detox in January, so it would be weird to only have soft drinks in a meetup
I'm thinking of last weekend in April or the two after that.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
*(with the usual caveat of not doing it in the last 10 days or so of the qualification period)
Just recently I was told by AY CS that you get the vouchers etc. if you reach the new tier at least one week before the end of the qual period.

Last edited by LoungeEnthusiast; Jan 3, 2019 at 12:58 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
Is it also down somewhere in T&C? as for Plat it works fine

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I was the first one to do this a day after Lumo was launched. One needs 350k actual BiS on AY-code, the missing 100k can be converted from 300k redeemable points. One gets full Lumo "allowance" of vouchers* + the 400k threshold gift.

Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Plat has no minimum AY-code requirement, so it's a non-issue there.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, IC Plat. Amb., HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, etc.
Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast
Just recently I was told by AY CS that you get the vouchers etc. if you reach the new tier at least one week before the end of the qual period.
Yeah, that's in the rules, at the end of 3.2.:

Originally Posted by Finnair
In case there are less than 7 days until the end of the tracking period, the tier change will take place at the beginning of the new tracking period.
https://www.finnair.com/int/gb/finna...air-plus/rules
FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:00 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by cistavoda
I'm thinking of last weekend in April or the two after that.
Last weekend in April I already have travel plans. But if it is after that, count me in.
cistavoda likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.