Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by lkrt

Or 80 times to OUL and back. Of course one should only gather points by flying OUL.
You are counting too much. 80 trips to OUL is already at least 160 segments
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Trav1970
You are counting too much. 80 trips to OUL is already at least 160 segments
We all know that the ultimate Lumo would be done by long-haul J segments.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by cistavoda
We all know that the ultimate Lumo would be done by long-haul J segments.
Sure! 150 longhaul legs equals 3M award/tier points => LTG in one year.
Plus X amount of Tumis!
cistavoda and Tapio like this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: AY LUMO
My rice bag/Tumi plastic looks nice on batteryBMW's leather. My first BMW ride was yesterday from gate 47.

Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Hah, had a funny experience on HEL-OUL-HEL (same plane turnaround) this morning.

Bus boarding (for the 0730 A319 to OUL, come on Finavia & Finnair!!) but luckily the BMW service was waiting. Stopped outside the plane and the driver said he'll check with the crew if I can come onboard. Soon he came back and said that the purser is missing and they cannot board without her (?). Still, like 2 minutes later another FA came down the stairs and gave the OK to board... She said that the purser had "overslept a little" but was on her way. Indeed she soon showed up and we even managed to push back two minutes ahead of schedule.

During the drinks run I asked for a smoothie from the purser, with the following conversation:

- You're Platinum I assume?
- Errr actually a little more than that.
Her eyes lit up and the smile became a little more genuine.
- Lumo? I didn't have a chance to look at the passenger list.
- Yes, you missed my posh arrival with the BMW.
- Oh really? You're coming from somewhere far away I guess?
- Well, as far as Vantaa actually. That's home.
*Laughs*

Somewhat later she came back, touched my shoulder (was looking out of the window, my thoughts about 2000 miles away in Andalucia) and explained about her lateness - I said it's okay since we still departed ahead of the schedule.

On the way back (I told them I was coming back with them during deboarding at OUL) she asked whether I'd join them to TXL on their next flights too. I said no, have to work every once a while too...

A fun little morning.
ffay005, OH-LGG, florens and 6 others like this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: AY LUMO
I was on my way to CPH couple days ago and Air Hostess came to me and said I should report in cockpit after we've arrived..
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
You guys are making me envious. In fact you made me book another flight just now to get closer to the goal.

On a brighter note, my Balmuir Lugano towels came yesterday.
OH-LGG likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Somewhat later she came back, touched my shoulder (was looking out of the window, my thoughts about 2000 miles away in Andalucia) and explained about her lateness - I said it's okay since we still departed ahead of the schedule.
Out of all the Pursers (and alike), there was just one shoulder-touching lady, so I'd dare to bet it could be the same one I had on one of my OUL trips. Very professional and a perfect example of great FA.

From the other pole, one duo today was failing in basics and I was quite grateful for not having to see one of the disinterested faces on a regular basis in-flight in J.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
BMW ride to the NGO flight today. 2/2 so far
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Weird experiences today. Upon arriving at HEL and taking a look at my boarding pass I discovered that a) my HEL-OUL went from a 319 to a 321 b) my seat went from 1A to 1B and c) the gate went from 27 to 31E.

The seatmap was mostly blocked out for the first 15 rows or so, but the somewhat surly girl at the Lumo/Platinum desk at least was able to reinstate my 1A, she mumbled something about seats being blocked at the same time (so maybe 1A was blocked because I was at 1B... on the flight there was someone on 1C).

Well, at least the BMW service worked fine (and a previously unmet driver too!) and onboard I asked about the plane switcharoo thingy - turned out that this crew had actually been operating an earlier A319 HEL-OUL that experienced cabin pressurization issues after take off and had to turn back - so they combined two A319s worth of pax to a 321 which fortunately wasn't even chockers. We did have a rather circuitous route too, following the west coast of Finland and overflying KOK for example which added a good 10 minutes to our flight time - apparently the Air Force boys were giving their Hornets a bit of a spin over Central Finland (and there were four hornets at the MIL apron at OUL too).

Well, coming back 1,5 hours later got another equipment change, 321 -> 320. Kept my 2A and seat blocking worked fine so no biggie. A little fun with the purser who during the drinks run asked me "May I ask, how much do you actually fly?"

I still find that 1B issue kinda weird - do they do seat assignments manually on cases like this or is it all automated?
florens likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I still find that 1B issue kinda weird - do they do seat assignments manually on cases like this or is it all automated?
It is automated, however this sounds very odd.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Angst. I could easily do 150 segments by year, but I cannot select AY always. Many times it comes to late booking under min day requirement and price for a domestic/EU flight goes up to 600€ and there is competition with 200€, how to justify that to my boss and care about companys money? Or you guys think choosing cheaper in that case is too much "fiman mies" and you would choose AY anyway?
esledo likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by FFlash
Angst. I could easily do 150 segments by year, but I cannot select AY always. Many times it comes to late booking under min day requirement and price for a domestic/EU flight goes up to 600€ and there is competition with 200€, how to justify that to my boss and care about companys money? Or you guys think choosing cheaper in that case is too much "fiman mies" and you would choose AY anyway?
110% agree on this. That's why SK wins on 95% bookings done less than 1-1,5 week before departure (ex-TKU at least).

One recent example (booked 3 weeks before flight date)

Go to BRU, stay 1 night, AY price ~800€
Go to BRU, stay 1 night, SK price ~250€
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Talking

Originally Posted by FFlash
Many times it comes to late booking under min day requirement and price for a domestic/EU flight goes up to 600€ and there is competition with 200€, how to justify that to my boss and care about companys money? Or you guys think choosing cheaper in that case is too much "fiman mies" and you would choose AY anyway?
that's why you only check AY, so you are "unaware"of the cheaper competition.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
As the old adage went "nobody gets fired for buying IBM"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.