New Lumo in da house!

Old Aug 16, 18, 5:41 am

Programs: AY Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, GC Jade
Anyone with recent experience on how the qualification period and vouchers work when going from Plat to Lumo? I thought they would reset my qualification period, but here's what I see right now:
- Home page says "Congratulations, you have renewed your Platinum Lumo status" (not true of course, as I just qualified for the first time)
- Qualification period remains 1 Oct 2017 - 30 Sep 2018
- My account shows the Lumo vouchers (4+8) and Gold giveaways (2), with validity till 30 Sep 2018, i.e. end of my original Plat qualification period

Is this the way it's supposed to work, or is this another IT glitch that will go away as soon as someone notices?
Old Aug 16, 18, 5:57 am

Programs: AY GUEST
Originally Posted by _ra_ View Post
Anyone with recent experience on how the qualification period and vouchers work when going from Plat to Lumo? I thought they would reset my qualification period, but here's what I see right now:
- Home page says "Congratulations, you have renewed your Platinum Lumo status" (not true of course, as I just qualified for the first time)
- Qualification period remains 1 Oct 2017 - 30 Sep 2018
- My account shows the Lumo vouchers (4+8) and Gold giveaways (2), with validity till 30 Sep 2018, i.e. end of my original Plat qualification period

Is this the way it's supposed to work, or is this another IT glitch that will go away as soon as someone notices?
Seems to be right.
Old Aug 16, 18, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG View Post
Seems to be right.
So I'll get another 4+8 vouchers and 2 Gold cards at the end of September (end of qualification period)? I agree that the amounts look right, but I was assuming they would reset my qualification period immediately and have the vouchers valid for a year. Now I'll have to start booking a bunch of long haul very shortly to make use of all of the vouchers in the next six weeks.
Old Aug 16, 18, 6:34 am

So I'll get another 4+8 vouchers and 2 Gold cards at the end of September (end of qualification period)?.
01OCT You'll receive next set.

Oh. It's AY IT so its's 03OCT

And if vouchers ending 30SEP are hard to use, You can call me anytime
Old Aug 16, 18, 6:42 am

Programs: AY Lumo, A3 Gold, TK Elite Plus, BT VIP
So I'll get another 4+8 vouchers and 2 Gold cards at the end of September (end of qualification period)? I agree that the amounts look right, but I was assuming they would reset my qualification period immediately and have the vouchers valid for a year. Now I'll have to start booking a bunch of long haul very shortly to make use of all of the vouchers in the next six weeks.
This only happened to those who received Lumo instantly after the tier launch. Other than that, reaching (not being given) a tier never resets your tracking period.
Old Aug 17, 18, 2:29 pm

Vouchers you now received will expire at the end of your current period. You can use them for future flights after the expiration date, if you have allready booked your flights or will book them before the vouchers will expire. You can also give away those gold cards now and at the beginning of next period you will receive another two give aways.

-sulkkis
Old Aug 17, 18, 10:31 pm

Thank you all for clarifying. It seems it has been too many years since I last went up a level in the program...
Old Aug 30, 18, 2:05 am

Alright, so it's now two weeks since I made it to the Lumo ranks. I haven't received any communications of any kind from Finnair, not even an email acknowledgement. I don't need that, but I think it's a huge missed opportunity for Finnair. If I was the one designing their customer journeys, I would definitely have a touchpoint defined every time a customer hits a new tier. I guess it's easier to just send the same bulk emails to everyone and call that a marketing strategy...
Old Sep 1, 18, 11:25 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, LH SEN
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post
Add to this the soft landing to Plat (I might need it after 6 month in *A-landia)
Is the soft landing to Platinum an official perk? The rules say, that your current points accrual define your next status after failing to requalify for Lumo. Where did you get that info?
Old Sep 2, 18, 12:06 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Gold, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by FlyeBye View Post
Is the soft landing to Platinum an official perk? The rules say, that your current points accrual define your next status after failing to requalify for Lumo. Where did you get that info?
Soft landing is an unofficial Finnair Plus perk from any tier. I guess it has never been tested from Lumo down to Platinum, but seems like a reasonable assumption.
Old Sep 2, 18, 3:27 am

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I think it's unofficial - but given that AY provides soft-landing (also unofficial) to all other elite levels (Plat->->Gold->Silver->zero), it would be just insane to land from Lumo to zero (worst case scenario).

I won't be able to test it, as my flight pattern would after all bring me over the 150k for Plat, even with the 6 months spent on the "dark side"
Old Sep 2, 18, 3:38 am

Programs: AY Lumo, A3 Gold, TK Elite Plus, BT VIP
Alright, so it's now two weeks since I made it to the Lumo ranks. I haven't received any communications of any kind from Finnair, not even an email acknowledgement. I don't need that, but I think it's a huge missed opportunity for Finnair. If I was the one designing their customer journeys, I would definitely have a touchpoint defined every time a customer hits a new tier. I guess it's easier to just send the same bulk emails to everyone and call that a marketing strategy...
They might be very busy handling all the new-born Lumos from OUL flights On a serious note, I totally agree. It's not like missing someone's Silver achievement.

Originally Posted by Courmisch View Post
Soft landing is an unofficial Finnair Plus perk from any tier. I guess it has never been tested from Lumo down to Platinum, but seems like a reasonable assumption.
The first opportunity to see soft-landers from Lumo will be in February 2019. By now it couldn't have been tested.
Old Sep 2, 18, 3:04 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Saw this in Tornio last month

Old Sep 7, 18, 9:20 am

Today I needed award from CHQ to LHR and 9hrs before my first leg.
I tried chat and same person who told me earlier that China moved to Middle East, told me that no award space on HEL-LHR. No can do.
Then for the first time I called Lumo hotline and award space was made. 😁
CS asked me is this award for me and then it was done. Ticket was in my app 20 minutes after.

Another story was that CS tried first charge 2x19.000 points. I had to correct it and then I had to correct about free seats on LHR flight. CS told HEL-LHR is full but I saw even revenue Basic was sold to that flight so it cant be zero.
NoWindowSeat and ffay005 like this.
Old Sep 7, 18, 4:12 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Is the Lumo line open 24/7? Do you think they have dedicated Lumo agents?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: