Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Pro ticket or Value ticket for (Comfort seat) long haul

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro ticket or Value ticket for (Comfort seat) long haul

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Lightbulb Pro ticket or Value ticket for (Comfort seat) long haul

Dear people from Finnair and these who travel with finnair.

I need your assistance but i don't no if this will even work cheaper.

I want to take off with (Comfort seat) this is an upgrade from the Economy. So instead of paying the (PRO) Ticket at the finnair official website.. What happens if i try to select (Saver) or the (Value) which is one below from PRO ticket price.
So If i was lets say select VALUE ticket option knowing it is still economy. Can i select (Comfort seats) for 2 people together without have to pay more then a thousand dollars higher ?

It looks like if i select PRO ticket it will cost me 4.000 dollars from Asia to Europe and return in PRO as well.
But wondering if it works much much cheaper if i was to select VALUE price option and from there select (Comfort seat) for as little as 80.00 dollars or something ?

The reason why i was looking at PRO tickets its because it gives you the freedom to select Comfort seat for free. But the pro ticket is much higher.
But what if its the actual same thing but only selecting Value price and same time select the Comfort seat ? Am i still have to pay the same value as the (pro ticket) just because it has the comfort seat in it?

And if this is possible. How do i know 100% that i can select comfort seat with no issue online once i paid the VALUE price straight up.. Am i aloud to select comfort seat or forbidden because i paid a low price ?

Like to see whats the differences and if it works so much differences with the same stuff one needs!

Of course we prefer to remain on Comfort seat one way and return back to asia on Comfort seat as well. I want to see the differences on prices
I am not sure if i ever saw announcement that if you want to be seated on comfort seat you just pay 80.00 dollars only.
So why is there a PRO ticket if the price shown is so much money compare to something as little as 80.00 dollars as an example! I dont no but someone may lighten up this info.

Monica
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:33 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
You can pay for seat selection in Economy Comfort with a value ticket. Roughly 100US$/person/long-haul segment. Currently a campaign for -10%. You can even do this when booking online before making any payments.

If you don't need the full flexibility, no reason to buy a Pro ticket.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:57 pm

There is a fee for the Comfort Seat with either Pro or Value, according to the website. I was doing some pricing on this myself.

https://www.finnair.com/hk/gb/inform.../travel-extras
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
The segment to BNE is QF operated, so no economy comfort available!
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by veronica45
So why is there a PRO ticket if the price shown is so much money compare to something as little as 80.00 dollars as an example! I dont no but someone may lighten up this info.
PRO tickets are the 3 top most economy booking classes. You usually buy them if you need to fly on short notice and the requested flight is full. And the fare needs to be expensive since they might have to boot someone out and pay for that.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

So question is. Is it worth paying the Value price or even lower then that ? We indeed need to remain on comfort seat all the way. Only was worried that if i was to pay Pro ticket i get the comfort seat but it seems that you can get the same configuration if done manually for the Value price ticket correct ? but if i was to select Value ticket (only because i want to pay less and not pro price ticket) i just hope i still be able to select Comfort seat regardless the type of ticket i might have. Because some tickets might have different rules where it is forbidden to (upgrade to a comfort seat) because you paid less on ticket. I dont no but thats why im kind of skeptical about it. Sure everyone wants to be as comfortable as possible on a long haul flight from Hong Kong here to Helsinki

So what about luggage's the only economy ticket option to carry 2 luggage's is PRO ticket. But what about Value ticket only accepted 1 luggage ? So.. can i include an extra 23kilos luggage making it 2 luggage's if i was to pay a small price for it? I dont no how much it would cost.
I dont even no how much it even cost to select manually for comfort seat selection to all this on a VALUE price option ticket. This is why if the price ends up almost 4.000 dollars i might as well just had stayed with PRO ticket if it makes not much of a price differences. I wouldn't no but i have not made no booking just yet.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:12 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by deissi
The segment to BNE is QF operated, so no economy comfort available!
Just as a side note, also the flights between Berlin/Helsinki/Rovaniemi don't offer (much) Comfort, it's either all Economic or expensively Bisnetic (TXL).
AhogZ, Steve_Hun, ffay005 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuloL
You can pay for seat selection in Economy Comfort with a value ticket. Roughly 100US$/person/long-haul segment. Currently a campaign for -10%. You can even do this when booking online before making any payments.

If you don't need the full flexibility, no reason to buy a Pro ticket.
Great thanks SuloL.
But before that happens by selecting value ticket price and times available the next page shows up as in put in your full details like name and numbers and so on.
You think the 3rd page will ask me something like pay for an upgrade to comfort seat or wont show any of that when i add in my details on the first page ? Because first page does not mention anything about adding extras like more luggage ? or wanting upgrade or anything like that. So wanting to make sure i do this right otherwise i be simply seated on a standard economy pretty much.

But like i said some ticket options may be forbidden not acceptable this or that. So have to make sure everything before it happens.

Veronica
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: M&M mainly
Is it this time of a year again? Pop-corn getting ready.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

This is from my home town HK to Helsinki and helsinki to Oulu return back to helsinki and back to HK
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by veronica45
This is from my home town HK to Helsinki and helsinki to Oulu return back to helsinki and back to HK
The link in my previous post is the AY Hong Kong website (HK is also my home). Scroll down to "Price list for additional travel services" and click on that. The first table has prices for extras from/to Asia.

The main difference is the extra bag with Pro, but it's cheaper to pay separately for that (and advance seating) with the Value, according to my calculations on the back of a postcard. The EC fee is the same for Pro and Value.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I think you quoted USD instead of HKD, as I had been hoping

At 4000 dollars you could buy several Basic/Value tickets and buy economy comfort on all flights. I would thus suggest you look at the cheaper booking classes.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

So i did my bookings. It was rather interesting. A new interface for finnair website once you book it.
It just gave me options for extras.. I selected firstly Basic. And it saved me at least a good 1,000 dollars rather then the PRO ticket.

The extras shows me (select seats) So i did but it wasn't free. I saw the live seat map and 95% of all the seats on all economy groups where availability to select at a cost. When i selected the date and time in the page to book this it indicated there was only 4 seats available for that price and for all other price group as well all indicated 4 seats. But there sure was plenty of seats to select without any issues.

Extra baggage. I presume extra luggage! It apparently i wasn't aloud to include a 2nd luggage so on to do that you need to pay for the 2nd luggage at the airport (doesn't say how much at all) So i wouldn't no what to expect.

Extra special treats with that? I selected non. It just shows at least 4 different type full bottles of champagne typed and 1 box of ferrero chocolate for 25.00 dollars which all this is to be enjoyed in the plane but i didn't select any of that.

Need WIFI on board? it shows 1hour or 3 hour or the full flight for 31.00 dollars. I have yet not decided to select WIFI which i presume it be Internet.. But i can select this later. This is for the long haul flights available.

Since i be departing by (Operated by Cathay Pacific) in the booking and the number begins with AY5850 before i get the large Finnair A350. It looks like i wasnt unable to do anything about seond luggage nor with Finnair and funny it indicated second luggage available for flights with Norra and Finnair. But im already booking my tickets mainly with Finnair so how so?

Take note that this first flight is Operated by Cathay Pacific but with a AY number.. What if i was to take with me a second luggage and they dont accept it with this aircraft but yes with the other rest Finnair once i book this at the airport ? And again i would not no if its worth taking a second luggage if it be costing me a lot of money. But i dont no how much! No one seems to tell me yet. Unless they need to see how ehavy it is in order to tell you how much it will cost for example your luggage was 18.3kilos.

Since it is operated with cathay pacific i was unable to log into this CP website nor be able to select seats. So i thought since it is operated by Cathay Pacific but with a AY number.. Why am i still unable to log into Cathay pacific using the reference number as i would with Finnair ? Wanted to select premium seat with this aircraft.

Last edited by veronica45; Apr 19, 2018 at 3:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.