Search

Ay100 hkg-hel sat 07.04.18

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:19 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Thumbs up Ay100 hkg-hel sat 07.04.18

Flew the AY100 segment from HKG to HEL (in J) on Saturday 07.04 and to be honest my partner and I had dreaded it (based on previous HKG flights where the crew had been absolutely unbelievably poor in more or less everything they did - including the breakfast service where I had been given salad dressing).

Were we ever proven wrong. What an amazing cabin crew. World Class... and we had just arrived from BKK on CX which IMO are among the best in the world both on the hard and soft product they are offering...

All the "issues" that both my partner and I had noted on earlier HKG flights earlier were all gone. An extremely fast, friendly and smooth service which were just what I guess most pax were after, as this was the midnight flight out of HKG. The crew were also very attentive and pro active which was great indeed so my faith has been restored :-)
UpperDeck87K likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
The HKG-HEL is my most frequent route on Finnair, and have to indeed agree and reiterate that the experience varies very much by the crew. OSM, who Finnair contracts the cabin crew from, is constantly hiring more HK based crew. This, to me, seems to be the most significant single factor affecting the experience. In many cases the crew might just be still very green. But, as with any other job, you learn as you accumulate more experience, so lets try to help these folks with that so we can enjoy the great service level across the board in the future
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
To second that, I would add that AY crew in many other routes too are very very varying, something I dislike. It even varies a lot amongst the experienced crew so it is not a "noobie" thing.

EDIT: by the way, the "AY100" in the title looks somehow nice. I propose we put a HKG DO latest for the 100-year celebrations in 2023 (Aero was from 1923 IIRC?) if not earlier...

Last edited by FFlash; Apr 9, 2018 at 10:33 am
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:33 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FFlash
EDIT: by the way, the "AY100" in the title looks somehow nice. I propose we put a HKG DO latest for the 100-year celebrations in 2023 (Aero was from 1923 IIRC?) if not earlier...
I will DO Hong Kong anytime, just say the word.
Don't worry about finding a reason, I am sure something is going to be a 100 whenever you check.
Attached Images  
napapiiri likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: AY Platinum (oneworld Emerald), Bonvoy/Radisson/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
I will DO Hong Kong anytime, just say the word.
Fri Nov 2nd or Sun Nov 4th?
napapiiri likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:35 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
...?!? What happened to AY prices?

-- Added
What my cryptic sentence above meant was that prices to HKG is through the roof and a Hong Kong weekend seems currently unreasonable

Last edited by intuition; Apr 10, 2018 at 1:42 pm
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by intuition
...?!? What happened to AY prices?

-- Added
What my cryptic sentence above meant was that prices to HKG is through the roof and a Hong Kong weekend seems currently unreasonable
there was HK Rugby Sevens that weekend
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:33 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Aha.

(I actually would like to see the sevens sometime. )
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold
And a bug or something funky in the J prices. Every date and lenght of stay I try shows outbound 1207€ and inbound 1227€ but them suddenly the cheapest J ticket total is 4095,50€

This is done on iOS AY app. Have not tried on PC
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:45 pm
Moderator, Finnair

All J prices seem ludicrous. When CX and SK are way cheaper you know there is something fishy. There must be a new policy in revenue management.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.