FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   Lumo recognition, freebies and soft perks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1900349-lumo-recognition-freebies-soft-perks.html)

OH-LGG Apr 23, 2018 12:21 am

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn (Post 29672628)
One more by the end of this week :)

I'm ready to party.

FFlash Apr 23, 2018 12:31 am

I hope they don't keep a "100 most" threshold for the Lumo level, otherwise you guys will increase the access threshold ;)

Post Scriptum May 2, 2018 10:10 am

On a HEL-BMA morning flight noticed a wrinkled cardboard slip, most likely tore down from some box, on the service trolley with markings in ballpoint pen:
Lumo:
Seat X
Seat Y

Plat:
Z
X
C

How lumotic is that, a real artesan handmade note!

On a full flight of 72pax, quite a lot of Lumos.

napapiiri May 7, 2018 3:24 am

Was just denied arrival lounge access as a Lumo.

sulkkis May 7, 2018 4:21 am

Schengen or non-Schengen?

-sulkkis

ffay005 May 7, 2018 4:33 am

Originally Posted by napapiiri (Post 29724240)
Was just denied arrival lounge access as a Lumo.

That doesn't sound very nice. Were you arriving from a AY/OW flight, and this was in HEL?

napapiiri May 7, 2018 4:44 am

Arriving on a Schengen AY flight to HEL

NoWindowSeat May 7, 2018 4:52 am

Surprises me as well but maybe it's good to realize, for all of us, that Lumos are still a half a step below the AY CEO in terms of access all areas..:)

lkrt May 7, 2018 5:04 am

I suggest you send feedback about this. It might be that AY just hasn’t really thought about the whole thing.

NoWindowSeat May 7, 2018 5:12 am

Originally Posted by lkrt (Post 29724406)
I suggest you send feedback about this. It might be that AY just hasn’t really thought about the whole thing.

Well they had it for Plats in the past so concept is known.

intuition May 7, 2018 5:15 am

100+ lumos x 150 segments x 0,5 new lounge visits. Potentially 20,5 more seats that needs reservation every single day of the year.

Trav1970 May 7, 2018 5:39 am

Originally Posted by intuition (Post 29724430)
100+ lumos x 150 segments x 0,5 new lounge visits. Potentially 20,5 more seats that needs reservation every single day of the year.

Hardly that much. I would only be interested in using arrival lounge if
  1. I was in need of a shower for having traveled a long time
  2. I needed a place to do some work immediately after the trip
  3. It was not very late (which it usually is when I am returning home)

intuition May 7, 2018 5:57 am

I do realise that travel pattern/preferences will affect the actual numbers, which is why I wrote potentially. To be fair, I didn't count the 4 guests which potentially drives the numbers fivefold to 102 new seats needed every day of the year.

-- Added
Just to avoid misunderstanding. I am not saying arrival lounge is an unreasonable perk. I am just saying people should consider the numbers before taking the perk for given.

Trav1970 May 7, 2018 6:01 am

Originally Posted by intuition (Post 29724535)
I do realise that travel pattern/preferences will affect the actual numbers, which is why I wrote potentially. To be fair, I didn't count the 4 guests which potentially drives the numbers fivefold to 102 new seats needed every day of the year.

Thus far, I have not had a single guest enter the lounge with me during my Lumo era even though every single boarding pass has called for 4 guests. It might have been different if I actually travelled with someone.

napapiiri May 7, 2018 11:48 am

I could understand if the lounge was busy, but it definitely was not. Maybe Finnair should consider arrival benefit on a space available basis. I was only planning to freshen up and have a quick coffee before a meeting. I would have been in there 20 minutes tops.