Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Lumo recognition, freebies and soft perks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lumo recognition, freebies and soft perks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Kind of anecdotal, but works often/most of the time. But not a published perk, so YMMV
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by spek
Btw, if the drink is so for you and you mate - is it the same with the snack?
Yes, it is.

is that seat-block kind of automatic? if we are LUMOs, so it should be free seat next to us?
No, it isn't. They will happily seat somebody next to you even with many other free seats around the cabin.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
is there anyway link to guidelines for cabin crew , to get a clue.

Anyway, on intra europe flight - my mate, on the same booking was asked EUR for snack - claim point?

And how to use seat-block?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
...And how to use seat-block?
You can ask @intuition about that
intuition and cistavoda like this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:01 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
What I usually get is a block seat, like this

spek, cistavoda, Superrman and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
It's automatic and has always worked for me. You can check seat blocks on expertflyer. You should see the seat(s) next to you blocked after a day or two.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:34 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
The Only place where AY has seat block is ExpertFlyer, in the real world there is no AY seat blocks.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:12 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
The Only place where AY has seat block is ExpertFlyer, in the real world there is no AY seat blocks.
Well, I for one am happy that on my HEL-RIX on Monday, one of the two empty seats on the plane was next to me.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 2:53 am

I'm just low Basic Platinum but just arrived in PRG and A321 had many free seats but my 3 seat row was AGAIN full.

This happened also when flying as Lumo. Höpöhöpö seatblocks.
niksal and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Agree. I used to fail with erikablock during plathood and was hoping to find space for my imaginary Erika as Lumo but so far success rate 0.
But now onboard I do have a real Erika next to me, so as a gentleman I shall offer her a drink, right? Should I also ask her to give me her businesscard or what? You seasoned Lumos tell me you do this stuff, I am still a bit teenager with these things
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FFlash
Agree. I used to fail with erikablock during plathood and was hoping to find space for my imaginary Erika as Lumo but so far success rate 0.
But now onboard I do have a real Erika next to me, so as a gentleman I shall offer her a drink, right? Should I also ask her to give me her businesscard or what? You seasoned Lumos tell me you do this stuff, I am still a bit teenager with these things
I've found that as long as you look like you could be traveling together, the crew might proactively ask "are you two together?" when coming with the drinks. If they do you're golden, ask her what she wants, and afterwards she is naturally curious just what happened, and you can tell her about your Lumo status and how you get free drinks. And from there start talking about all the cool exotic places you've flown to.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:52 am
R2

Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
And from there start talking about all the cool exotic places you've flown to.
Like OUL and ARN
OH-LGG, SPBanker, FFlash and 12 others like this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
And from there start talking about all the cool exotic places you've flown to.
And then she needs couple drinks more after You telling her You go cool exotic OUL and back 3 times a day.
R2, Trav1970, intuition and 7 others like this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
so, any guideline info, how they are trained by manual?
Old Sep 8, 2019, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
is there anyway link to guidelines for cabin crew , to get a clue.

Anyway, on intra europe flight - my mate, on the same booking was asked EUR for snack - claim point?

I doubt their guidelines will be available for public, but maybe you can ask your next cabin crew to have a look? Apparently, they are not forbidden showing it as I experienced.

Regarding the snack - even if you were on different booking, it should have been free for your travel companion, too. I wonder how did the crew justified charging for it because it is a benefit of Lumo. Maybe they thought the bread should be halved?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.