Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Lumo recognition, freebies and soft perks

Lumo recognition, freebies and soft perks

Old Jun 14, 19, 8:26 am

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
It was both Schengen flights. The incoming landed about the time of scheduled takeoff to Rome.
FFlash likes this.
Old Jun 14, 19, 9:55 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Angry

Originally Posted by napapiiri View Post

One happy Lumo
Not only does the plane wait for me but I don’t even have to run through the terminal.
So instead of giving you healthy excercise they made me take the ***** bus for the 5th time in a row.

EDIT: Good service though

Last edited by cistavoda; Jun 14, 19 at 10:03 am Reason: added
Old Jun 15, 19, 5:50 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by napapiiri View Post

One happy Lumo
Not only does the plane wait for me but I donít even have to run through the terminal.
This is exactly the kind of service that a Lumo deserves, and I'm happy AY provides it. ^

Back in the mid-1990s, I was flying HEL-BRU-LIS with AY and SN, which at that time was still Sabena. Tight connection at BRU, no status. I don't think status even existed. But when we walked down the steps of our AY plane, there was a driver waiting for us with a sign saying Lisbon. He took us in a private van to some small container-like building on the tarmac where we entered, showed our passports and walked through customs to find the same driver waiting for us at the exit, from where he took us directly to our next plane. All this was very unexpected, but we of course appreciated it greatly. I've never experienced anything like that ever since.
Old Jun 16, 19, 12:44 am

Programs: AY+Plat, TK Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by ffay005 View Post

Back in the mid-1990s, ....... Tight connection at BRU....,., there was a driver waiting for us with a sign saying Lisbon. He took us in a private van to some small container-like building on the tarmac where we entered, showed our passports and walked through customs to find the same driver waiting for us at the exit, from where he took us directly to our next plane.
​​​​​​Munich airport is perfect example of this kind of service, not in 90s but now , and my latest experience was about 2 years ago on HEL-CLJ.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 19, 5:12 am

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
Seat blocked on domestic flight. The flight attendant even put the special headrest protector on and made sure to tell me that the extra space was reserved for me when I boarded. Nice touch and much appreciated.
ffay005 and Raul_R like this.
Old Aug 15, 19, 3:08 pm

Programs: AY GUEST
Lumo Soft Landing

I just got a new Platinum Card after Lumo period and a letter signed (copied) from Mrs Johanna, Vice President Brand Marketing & Customer Loyalty.

She welcomes me as a New Finnair Plus Member. She tells about four Finnair Tiers and about great things in AY Plus. She tells me that even low points balances can be used for rewards. Great! Sounds like a fantastic program.

And then in the last sentence Johanna tells me what is coming: Your next tier is Finnair Plus Silver. ^
Old Aug 15, 19, 3:12 pm

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
Originally Posted by OH-LGG View Post
I just got a new Platinum Card and a letter signed (copied) from Mrs Johanna, Vice President Brand Marketing & Customer Loyalty.

She welcomes me as a New Finnair Plus Member. She tells about four Finnair Tiers and about great things in AY Plus. She tells me that even low points balances can be used for rewards. Great! Sounds like a fantastic program.

And then in the last sentence Johanna tells me what is coming: Your next tier is Finnair Plus Silver. ^
I thought you did not soft-land to plat but flew enough to qual plat?
Old Aug 15, 19, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
I thought you did not soft-land to plat but flew enough to qual plat?
Yes I thought 77 flights would be enough to keep low level basic Black but Johanna sends me to Silver.
Old Aug 15, 19, 3:40 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Yes I thought 77 flights would be enough to keep low level basic Black but Johanna sends me to Silver.
Thatís not soft but crash landing.
OH-LGG, on22cz and juhanh like this.
Old Aug 15, 19, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QR PC Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, SK EB silver, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD, SJ Black

Yes, she has had a talk with Mrs LGG
ffay005, FFlash, Steve_Hun and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 15, 19, 11:34 pm

Iíve been waiting for a letter from Johanna as itís already quite some time since my status changed in the app. Perhaps I shouldnít wait that eagerly.
Old Aug 16, 19, 11:46 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005 View Post
Back in the mid-1990s, I was flying HEL-BRU-LIS with AY and SN, which at that time was still Sabena. Tight connection at BRU, no status. I don't think status even existed. But when we walked down the steps of our AY plane, there was a driver waiting for us with a sign saying Lisbon. He took us in a private van to some small container-like building on the tarmac where we entered, showed our passports and walked through customs to find the same driver waiting for us at the exit, from where he took us directly to our next plane. All this was very unexpected, but we of course appreciated it greatly. I've never experienced anything like that ever since.
Hah, once flying SAS BHX-ARN-HEL almost 15 years ago the BHX-ARN segment (on a Dash-8!) was delayed sufficiently to put my (and it turned out several other passengers too) connection to jeopardy. This of course was the infamous "Midnight Saab" to HEL, i..e the last flight of the day arriving at HEL like 1 AM. Anyway upon landing at ARN they announced that "Anyone going to Finland should contact the SAS representative waiting at the stand". So me and a couple of other pax (I think they both were going to TMP) were put in a special van, driven to the transit checkpoint between the B and F piers of ARN T5, were made to go through immigration and security (kinda pointless as it was UK but whatever), reboarded the same van and then driven to the HEL and TMP KF Saabs waiting at the same remote area our Dash-8 was parked at. Pretty neat actually.

I was Eurobonus Silver back then, doubt the other transiteers had any status. SAS just didn't want to pay for a hotel night (EU compensation was unheard of back then).
ffay005 and SPBanker like this.
Old Aug 22, 19, 8:30 pm

Programs: AY Silver, BA Silver, FI Saga hopeful
Originally Posted by Trav1970 View Post

Thatís not soft but crash landing.
I believe the technical term is "lithobraking" =)
-
DJ
Old Aug 23, 19, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by OHKRT View Post

Iíve been waiting for a letter from Johanna as itís already quite some time since my status changed in the app. Perhaps I shouldnít wait that eagerly.
Fellows, am still waiting for Johannaís letter or any other signal on the status than what silently changed in the app. Would assume these would be the rare moments of celebration and further boosting customersí commitment. Iíve been relentlessly searching for these opportunities in my own business, as every single time one can touch base with your customer and recognize him/her is unparalleled. What a waste. However and most importantly, Lumo CS working superbly has made me wonder to secure sufficient amount of AY LHs.
Old Aug 23, 19, 9:51 am

I can send my Johannas letter to You but as You know, then You'll be Silver next.
ffay005 and FFlash like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: