Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best OW lounge in BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Ed Size
All I know is that you get in there with a AY J ticket and OWE status...
In BKK QR has a "Premium" lounge and for those they don't follow the OW rules. So access w/ AY J ticket ^, w/ OWE status travelling Y

@ lkrt I don't know about the guesting policy, as I was travelling on my own, when used that lounge, but you can check my pictures in the opening post of the OW lounges at Finnair outstations thread.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
@ lkrt I don't know about the guesting policy, as I was travelling on my own, when used that lounge, but you can check my pictures in the opening post of the OW lounges at Finnair outstations thread.
The pictures are what inspired me to go there! As this is the midnight departure, CX lounge is already closed and the JL lounge is very busy.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
I'm not sure how variable QR's schedule is, but when I was on midnight AY departure, there was very little time to catch opening hours of the QR lounge unless you travel HBO and don't need / want to pick up a fast track card. Both CX and JL were closed, so Miracle was the only option - and not miraculous at all.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
In BKK QR has a "Premium" lounge and for those they don't follow the OW rules. So access w/ AY J ticket ^, w/ OWE status travelling Y
Oh the J ticket is enough? I thought you need to have booth, the J ticket and the OWE status.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Oh the J ticket is enough? I thought you need to have booth, the J ticket and the OWE status.
The oneworld guide says any of status or cabin should get you in. It's only for QR and RJ tho, not all oneworld airlines from BKK

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/BKK/-1
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
The oneworld guide says any of status or cabin should get you in. It's only for QR and RJ tho, not all oneworld airlines from BKK
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/BKK/-1
This is not the lounge we're talking about.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lkrt
This is not the lounge we're talking about.
Oh sorry.

EDIT: as you noted,J/F passengers on QR or other oneworld flight. No access based on status alone.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:35 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Interesting, the OW website doesn't list the OR lounge at all. I stumbled upon it by accident the last time I was on my way to the CX lounge. As AY J/OWE, I had access and actually liked the lounge a lot. It was a morning departure, the lounge was mostly empty and they had a good spread of breakfast items. Next time, I'll skip breakfast at the hotel and go there instead. Oh, and they even served ice cream! Far superior to CX in my opinion.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
Interesting, the OW website doesn't list the OR lounge at all. I stumbled upon it by accident the last time I was on my way to the CX lounge. As AY J/OWE, I had access and actually liked the lounge a lot. It was a morning departure, the lounge was mostly empty and they had a good spread of breakfast items. Next time, I'll skip breakfast at the hotel and go there instead. Oh, and they even served ice cream! Far superior to CX in my opinion.
And even the QR website doesn't have a mention about it! I'll try my luck, at least I will get in and my guest can wait outside.
ffay005 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by lkrt
What's the QR policy with guests? I'm flying J but I would like to enter with a guest travelling in Y, I suppose it's not possible?
They don't accept guests flying in Y, but you can buy a companion lounge pass for THB 2,000. I don't think it's worth the money, though.

Last edited by FlyeBye; Nov 13, 2018 at 6:20 am
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Yes, that's true. It's either QR J or OW J AND OWE status.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by FlyeBye
Yes, that's true. It's either QR J or OW J AND OWE status.
I'm still convinced that status does not play any role here. Simply put, as long as you are flying any OW ariline on same day, having an F or a J ticket, you'll get access to the QR Premium lounges in BKK / LHR / etc.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:56 am

I'm still convinced that status does not play any role here. Simply put, as long as you are flying any OW ariline on same day, having an F or a J ticket, you'll get access to the QR Premium lounges in BKK / LHR / etc.
the OW website has the following on the QR LHR Premium Lounge:

Note: For Qatar Airways and oneworld First and Business class ticketed revenue customers only. Guests are not permitted.
So I'm assuming same policy goes for BKK (including the guest situation).
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
I've been in the BA/QF, CX, TG and old JL lounges in BKK. I have not been in the QR lounge.

The BA/QF lounge has gone and JL has been refreshed. My favorite lounge is CX although I had some fantastic katsu in the JL lounge a while back. I'm keen to try out the QR lounge.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:22 pm

I tried all the OW lounges in BKK last week.

The QR lounge is by far the best (by a really really long way). It's absolutely superb. The only downside is the short opening hours. It's only open for around 2:30 hrs prior to each QR flight. That made the hours:

11:00 - 13:00
16:30 - 20:30
22:30 - 00:50
02:30 - 09:30

I was able to gain access with a OW J ticket. I'm also OWE so don't know if that counted or not. But I don't think it does as is the case with the QR lounge at LHR which allows MH J pax access (the only other OW airline who uses the same terminal + MH have their own lounge at LHR).

CX lounge is generally quite good, though lacking showers.

JL lounge is open in the evening and is quite crowded. Was not impressed.

Note that Priority Pass users can also access the Oman Air Lounge and the Air France/KLM lounge. I thought the Air France/KLM lounge was very good. Buffet selection there was great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.